Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

Good Monitor????

by moranacus / February 14, 2012 1:03 PM PST

I finally decided that I'm going to get the HP Pavilion p7-1225 Desktop computer from Office Depot. The main question now is the
monitor. Office Depot recommended the Samsung S23A300B 23" LED Backlit Full HD Monitor and its selling for $179.99.
I don't want to spend anymore than that or get a monitor any bigger than that.
Does anyone have any comments about this monitor or have any suggestion as to a better one???? Also, below is the link for the computer I am going to purchase so if you have any suggestions for a different monitor make sure it will work well with this computer.

moranacus has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Good Monitor????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Good Monitor????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by moranacus

Collapse -
hp 2211x 21.5" widescreen
by pcgamerhp / March 4, 2012 11:09 AM PST
In reply to: Good Monitor????

the hp 2211x 21.5" is right around your price range, and its amazing.

Collapse -
Granddaughter has one
by mopscare42 / February 15, 2012 5:12 AM PST

and really likes it. The dispaly and colors are excellent. I know she watches Blu-ray movies on it and they look great. She also plays some of the hi end games with no problems.
Her only complaint is that it doesn't tilt.

Collapse -
by moranacus / February 15, 2012 4:12 PM PST
In reply to: Granddaughter has one

Thanks for your input.
That's the main complaint I see people say about this monitor.
Is there a problem with the color blue????
I saw someone complain that the color blue was showing up as purple for some reason.

Collapse -
by Flatworm / February 18, 2012 12:22 AM PST

I have had outrageously good luck with ViewSonic and Samsung. Back in the mid-1990s the government agency I worked for did an extensive examination of monitors in anticipation of a huge purchase and we chose ViewSonic. That may not be all that relevant today (they were all CRTs back then) but we never had a failure even though we had HUNDREDS of them in service, nor have I had one fail in my home.

I am sitting here looking at my 29" ViewSonic right now and still loving it! I actually like the ViewSonic a little better because both of the Samsungs I've got have their power light blink when the computer is turned off and the monitor left on (like most people do). On the ViewSonic (and most others I've seen) the light changes color and remains steady but dim, which is much less distracting.

Collapse -
by moranacus / February 18, 2012 3:59 AM PST
In reply to: ViewSonic

Thanks for the reply!
29" is too big for my use but I will check out and see the reviews on the ViewSonic.

Collapse -
If you really want a nice monitor with an IPS panel.....
by VAPCMD / March 4, 2012 12:03 PM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.