Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

Good Email Service Provider?

by AOConsulting / August 3, 2006 11:38 PM PDT

Our small business would like to setup email account for about 50 employees. We are converting everyone from Lotus to Outlook 2003. We will not be using an Exchange server but instead need an email host that has a static IP, provides atleast 100 email accounts, a lot of storage, and able to provide POP (so we can set everyone up with Outlook 2003).

Currently, MS OfficeLive is no good because they provide their email service through Hotmail, which some of you may know, is not a static IP and thus creates red flag issues with spam because each time an email is sent through their servers, the IP is different and that sometimes causes our users to be blocked or reported as spammers.

What is a good email solution for our small business?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Good Email Service Provider?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Good Email Service Provider?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try electricmail. Link, comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 6, 2006 10:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
Webserver?
by entrecon / August 8, 2006 7:02 AM PDT

Does your company have a website? Some web hosting companies will throw in e-mail addresses with your website.

I don't know about reliability yet, but I just signed up with powweb and they are offering 650 mailboxes as part of their hosting. With 2gig of storage and 400gig transfer per month it would fit your needs. They throw in a free domain name in case your company doesn't have one yet.

Collapse -
Email host
by Skischner / June 18, 2009 1:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Webserver?

My company has gone with http://osrtech.com They are inexpensive and offer unlimited storage plans.

Collapse -
Best eMail Provider
by submitwebsite2.com / June 25, 2009 7:03 PM PDT

Hi,
Google is the best one, details at:
google.com/apps/intl/en/business/index.html

With regards

Collapse -
good email hosts
by danish_nightmare / July 10, 2009 6:00 AM PDT

i would think if everyone is using POP you wouldn't need a ton of storage, but here are my tops...

EnterpriseMail - http://www.embusinessemail.com
Great company, they are small so you always talk to the same people when you call in and they know who you are...small is the new big! Just ask Seth Godin.

Rackspace Email - http://www.rackspace.com/email_hosting
BIG company, but they focus on support. They bought MailTrust a few years back. Turn around time on some support issues may not be as quick since they are so big, but they also offer 24x7 support.

Intermedia - http://www.intermedia.net/
Another bid one...they offer hosted Exchange, so they are kinda exp...i think about $9-$12/user...but they have been around awhile also.

Good luck!

Collapse -
Gmail
by healthtips / July 12, 2009 3:57 PM PDT

I think Gmail is the best and today most of people are using it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.