Computer Help forum

General discussion

GoBack reboots constantly

by dkane / October 22, 2005 12:33 PM PDT

help please !!!
I am using Windows XP, with Roxio Goback 3.
Since earlier today, it rebooted giving me an error message: Goback rebooted your computer because it detected your system was unstable. Allowing it to continue running would have caused corruption on disk #1". Code 0x15
I tried reverting with Goback to every earlier configuration, but it keeps doing the same thing.
I tried to get to safe mode, but after F8 when I select "safe mode" or "safe mode with command prompt", I get series of lines of text on a back background such as:
mulyi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\filename where the files are .exe or .sys or .ddl, and a few seconds later it reboots with the same error message as mentioned above. I don't have a bootable disk or diskette. Any suggestion as to what I could do ?
I am sending this request for help from another computer.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: GoBack reboots constantly
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: GoBack reboots constantly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
i am a big believer in go-back
by mko / October 22, 2005 1:13 PM PDT

and if it's telling you this AFTER you have already done a disk recovery, than allz i can think of is there IS something wrong with your drive. and it must be something irreparable otherwise your revert would have solved the problem.

i don't think it's go-back.

i know i haven't helped, but,,,,,,,

Collapse -
I forgot to mention something
by dkane / October 23, 2005 12:03 AM PDT

Thanks for having replied. I hope it is not as bad as you think as I would hate to have lost all the data on my hard drive.
I forgot to mention something:
When I revereted back to eralier states with Goback, it go all the way to the screen where I can select which user profile to load before rebooting. When I just turn on the PC without reverting, it never goes that far, it reboots almost instantly. If the problem is a physical problem on the drive (The PC was working just fine until yesterday), why would it behave differently with and without reverting ?

Collapse -
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
by dkane / October 23, 2005 1:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
i don't have go-back3 with wXP
by mko / October 23, 2005 11:30 AM PDT

,,,,nor with two or more user profiles,,,so i don't know what you are talking about "When I revereted back to eralier states with Goback, it go all the way to the screen where I can select which user profile to load before rebooting."

i would disable GB before windows loads up. you're gonna lose gb history but so what. if the machine no longer reboots, then i would totally uninstall/reinstall GB. if reinstalling gb brings back the reboot prob, then uninstall it again and try gb4

Collapse -
after you disable gb,,,,,
by mko / October 23, 2005 11:35 AM PDT

i'd run a scandisk. have you done stuff like disable system restore?

Collapse -
after you disable gb,,,,,
by mko / October 23, 2005 12:18 PM PDT

i'd run a scandisk. have you done stuff like disable system restore?

Collapse -
GO Back
by jmhal / October 22, 2005 1:45 PM PDT

At the school I go to they have the same program and theirs also reboot constantly on start up. I have noticed that they also have windows update enabled. So every time windows installs an update, go back reverts to an earlier time. Windows then re-installs the same update in an never-ending loop. So check if this is happening.

Collapse -
i just updated
by mko / October 22, 2005 3:05 PM PDT
In reply to: GO Back

i just installed a windows update, and no such thing happened. i have go-back4

Collapse -
Thanks, but I don't think it is the same problem
by dkane / October 23, 2005 12:05 AM PDT

Thanks for replying. I do have automatic windows update on, but my PC doesn't automatically revert, it just reboots.

Collapse -
Auto GoBack
by dlhan / October 23, 2005 1:57 AM PDT

GoBack has an option to automatically revert drive to a previous state at predetermined intervals. Check to see if this option is checked.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.