Computer Newbies forum

Resolved Question

gmail sign in page

by newg / July 28, 2013 12:25 AM PDT

I accidentally typed my password in the box with my gmail name and now when I check my email this name comes up also and I can't delete it.
Thanks for your help.

newg has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: gmail sign in page
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: gmail sign in page
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by newg

Collapse -
How about AutoFill?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 30, 2013 12:57 AM PDT
In reply to: gmail sign in page

Did you turn that off too?

Collapse -
I don't use autofill
by newg / July 30, 2013 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: How about AutoFill?

so no info is stored there. Don't know what google changed because I have been able to delete mistakes before.

Collapse -
Since google is not a browser
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 30, 2013 5:43 AM PDT
In reply to: I don't use autofill

I'd go back to the browser and check my autofill, autosuggest and other memory options in the browser.
Bob

Collapse -
sorry...
by newg / July 31, 2013 12:27 AM PDT

I went to chrome settings, advanced settings and there is no info in autofill section. I guess I just won't lend my computer until I can get rid of that.

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks for your help finally got rid of it!!
by newg / July 31, 2013 7:26 AM PDT
In reply to: sorry...
Collapse -
Good to read. Just a comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 31, 2013 7:31 AM PDT

You didn't give up. This forum's members will keep trying if you will. It may take a few tries, we may not always have the answer folk want to hear but perseverance does pay off.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Browsing History
by sunwatcher / July 28, 2013 12:43 AM PDT
In reply to: gmail sign in page

Which browser are you using?

In Internet Explorer, go to "Settings", then "Safety", then "Delete browsing history"

I think it's "Form Data" that will do the trick, then select "Delete"

You may need to try "Passwords" if "Form Data" doesn't work.

Collapse -
(NT) using google chrome for browser
by newg / July 28, 2013 3:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Browsing History
Collapse -
If you mean ...
by Edward ODaniel / July 29, 2013 2:23 PM PDT

Your google sign in disconnect it in Chrome's Settings. You might also go to https://www.google.com/ then in the upper right corner sign out or sign in (as the red button dictates).

If it is some saved password that would be under Advanced Setings (Settings is accessed through the icon at the top right corner of the browser that consists of three horizontal lines).

Collapse -
not quite...
by newg / July 30, 2013 12:49 AM PDT
In reply to: If you mean ...

on the gmail sign in page it lists my sign in name - just comes up when I type 'm' - and also the same underneath but with my password because I accidentally typed it into the user name box and hit enter. Awhile ago I could just highlight the mistake and press delete but now the highlighted area just goes grey and cannot be deleted. Thanks.

Collapse -
So you didn't ...
by Edward ODaniel / July 30, 2013 12:34 PM PDT
In reply to: not quite...

look through the settings for Chrome and disconnect the google account so you could change it ?

You didn't use the Settings Page's Advanced Settings to manage autofill and passwords?

You didn't make use of the Chrome Settings pages to add a new user (with the correct information) and delete the user that is the problem (user in this case being the Google Chrome User account)?

You are the one at the computer so you have to look for and try what is suggested as we can't do it for you.

Collapse -
Here's a picture of that. Hope it helps.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 31, 2013 1:09 AM PDT
In reply to: So you didn't ...
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.