Phones forum

General discussion

getting music on phone with and without sd card

by asian_persuasian / March 13, 2007 11:47 AM PDT

alright i just bought a usb cord with bitpim software from ebay i cannot figure out how to put music such as mp3s i have downloaded on my phone it says it detected my phone on the com6 driver. i havent gotten my sd card yet and i was wondering if i needed to wait til i got tht or if i could just put music on my phone without an sd card. anyone with any answers to my problem??

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: getting music on phone with and without sd card
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: getting music on phone with and without sd card
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Depending on what phone you have
by PudgyOne / March 13, 2007 7:16 PM PDT

My son ad an LG CU500, I think. He has a little usb adapter to put his SD card into. He just opens his music folder and can drag the songs into the window and they are there for him. The SD card does play an important role in putting songs on your phone. The only other way, if you phone had it, is with bluetooth.

Rick

Collapse -
bluetooth? usb? infrared?
by tonenyc / March 13, 2007 7:51 PM PDT

It really depends on what the phone is capable of. This is why I pretty much stick with sony ericsson. i've always had a way to make my own ringtones and get them on the phone since ringtones were cheesy tones. now i have a w810i which comes with a usb cord. i just drag and drop mp3s either as full songs or just edited ringtones and even msg alerts. before that, i had a z250a. i purchased a bluetooth adapter for my computer. after minor setup, it was as easy as drag and drop. befooooore that, i had a t610. i used to sync it with my pda using the infrared port. i am not trying to sell you on ericsson. but, those are some of the phones i've had and it's a good illustration of how you can get your items-songs, pics, numbers-onto your phone.

Collapse -
type of phone
by asian_persuasian / March 14, 2007 12:11 PM PDT

yeah after i posted i realized i forgot to say what kind of phone it was. it is An EnV by Verizon Wireless.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.