TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Getting Audio to default to Digital outp on panasonic tvs

by joshcrowl / December 3, 2012 2:36 AM PST

I've had a persistent and annoying problem after moving to Dish Network. I have 2 Panasonic TVs. The 1st is Plasma 55" with a 7.1 surround sound system and the other is a 47" LED with a Sound bar. After upgrading to Dish both systems are defaulting to AUX for sound and have to be forced back to Digital 1 for sound output. How do I get them to default to Digital 1 for sound output? Have you heard of this problem?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Getting Audio to default to Digital outp on panasonic tvs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Getting Audio to default to Digital outp on panasonic tvs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Getting Audio to default to Digital outp on panasonic tvs
by Kimesco_DISH / December 3, 2012 3:20 AM PST

Hi my name is Kim and I am a Social Media Representative at DISH. I understand you're trying to connect your sound bar to your DISH receiver. Before I can fully assist you, what is the name and model number of the sound bar system? What model type of DISH receiver do you have?

Social Media Representative
DISH L.L.C

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove email address to prevent abuse on 12/03/2012 at 11:27 AM PT

Collapse -
Hi Kim!
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 3, 2012 3:40 AM PST

Welcome to the CNET forums!

Just to let you know , I went ahead and edited out your email address to prevent the abuse by spammers. It's always never a good idea to post your email address in a public site as I can guarantee that you will be subjected to unsolicited emails from spammers, etc.

Also please consider assisting this member right here in the forums, rather than one on one through email as I'm sure others who maybe encountering this or similar issues can learn from your help also.

BTW let me know if you will be visiting the CNET forums on a regular basis, if you are I can set up a DISH vendor badge for you and any of your other reps, so you can be instantly recognized by our community as official reps of DISH. If you are interested, please click on my username and email me from CNET profile page.

Thanks!
-Lee
CNET Community

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator on 12/03/2012 at 12:06 PM PT

Collapse -
Hi Lee.
by Kimesco_DISH / December 3, 2012 4:13 AM PST
In reply to: Hi Kim!

Thank you for your reply Lee. I will have my manager touch base with you regarding the possible set up of a vendor batch. I have forwarded him your reply and he will soon be emailing you.

DISH L.L.C

Collapse -
Great! Looking forward to hearing from him!
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / December 3, 2012 7:37 AM PST
In reply to: Hi Lee.

Cheers!
-Lee

Collapse -
Pansonic defaulting to aux instead of D-IN 1
by joshcrowl / December 4, 2012 11:19 AM PST

Kim,
Thank you for your responce
There are two setups both with the same problem
first is:
TV Panasonic vieta 55" plasma connected to a Panasonic SA-BT300 7.1 Bluray Home Theater system.
Dish Hopper S230 NACD HD reciver and DVR.
the symtem is aferter turning the system on the sound cut out and the system failes over to AUX. you then have to press the EXT-in on the remote to have it switch over to D-IN 1.

The second system is
TV Panasonic vieta 47" LED with a SU-HTB20 sound bar and is connected to a Joey
It too comes up and then fails over to AUX.

Collapse -
Pansonic defaulting to aux instead of D-IN 1
by Kimesco_DISH / December 4, 2012 10:23 PM PST

Hi Josh,
I truly apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. We would need to speak with you direclty to gather more details regarding the issue and help you find a resolution. Please contact us directly at 1800-333-3474. We look forward to assisting you.

Kimberly Escobar
DISH L.L. C

Collapse -
Why direct customer to phone support so quickly?
by Pepe7 / December 4, 2012 11:26 PM PST

At least go through some sort of basic back and forth troubleshooting here so it's documented for future folks having similar issues. That's the point of you being here, I believe, and Lee providing you with a vendor badge.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.