HP forum

Resolved Question

GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml from hp printers

by onex07 / August 17, 2011 2:10 AM PDT

I am receiving random print outs that say: GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml

The machines are running XP and Windows 7 Pro, all the printers are HP, one is a 2015 and the other is 2055. This seems to have started after installing HP's Universal Print Driver. I have tried using a different driver, I have tried to uninstall the UPD and it keeps comming back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printers. HP does not seem to have an answerof how to stop this. I need a fix, please help!

onex07 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml from hp printers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml from hp printers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by onex07

Collapse -
Tried it all
by onex07 / August 17, 2011 2:48 AM PDT

I saw that post last week and have tried them all with no luck, I do not want to reinstall a new OS on the computers to make this go away. Thanks for yor help, if something works I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Collapse -
Then back to HP.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 18, 2011 2:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Tried it all

It's their software and if system restore to when it worked fails, you have to ask them what next.

Collapse -
by dascpa / August 22, 2011 8:10 AM PDT

I have a P2055d and a P2055dn with Windows 7 Ultimate and had the same issue as of two weeks ago. HP Support was able to help me resolve this by downloading a new driver HP Laserjet 5Si. This new driver allows for full functionality of the machine and removed the printing problem.

Collapse -
I'll give it a try.
by onex07 / August 22, 2011 9:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Success!!!

Thanks I'll give it a try and let you know.

Collapse -
Problem Fixed
by Ghostmedic2011 / September 8, 2011 2:35 AM PDT

Its way easier than most of you are making this. I have read several places this exact same fix which granted for most it works its a much longer process than needed. I have just went through my settings and im sure each printer is a little different. To the point of this though. Right click on your printer icon in the "Printer and Devices" or equivalent depending on the OS you use. Then you find the "Device Settings Tab" and scroll down to "installable options" and scroll a little further and disable the "printer status notification". Hit apply then test print a page to see if this worked. It worked for me also I noticed there was a delay in "get" page to print so i been hitting cancel which has stopped it until I came across this fix.
Hope this helps

Collapse -
GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml from hp printers by onex07
by hwittenb99 / September 20, 2011 12:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Problem Fixed

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"><span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> Ghostmedic2011's 9/8/11 9:35 AM fix for the pesky printing of the GET /DevMgmt.... message worked for me with my HP M2727nf LaserJet printer running under Windows 7 using the HP Universal PCL6 driver. Thanks so much.

Collapse -
Solved my problems
by onex07 / September 22, 2011 10:07 PM PDT

It's been 3 days and no Discovery Tree on the two printers with the UPD, thanks!

Collapse -
GET/DevMgmt fixed
by smatson49 / October 3, 2011 10:11 AM PDT

Thank you. Problem easily fixed when you know where to look.

Collapse -
It Worked For Me
by superbookkeeper / February 14, 2012 2:52 AM PST

This fixed an annoying problem is just minutes! Since installing my HP 2055 three days ago I have probably killed three trees with all of the wasted paper!
Thank you!

Collapse -
Problem solved
by Kado00 / March 6, 2012 5:46 AM PST

This is the correct answer since the moment I did this it worked perfectly!

Collapse -
GET/DEVMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml from hp printers by onex07
by Don R. / April 28, 2012 11:39 PM PDT

Great job and thank you for the remedy! I owe you!

Collapse -
Worked for me.....
by kgenova / July 17, 2012 12:30 PM PDT

I read other suggestions re uninstalling printer driver and reinstalling..NO NEED. This worked fine for Windows 7 and the HP Laserjet P2055dn printer. Thanks fr info.

Collapse -
Thank you
by tokomoto / December 10, 2012 4:26 AM PST

Thank you for the solution! This saved my butt! I appreciate the help!

Collapse -
What about Mac OS X
by DebBergeron / December 17, 2012 1:00 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you

I have the same problem but I can't find the Installable Options setting in OS X (it is not on the device tab).

Any more suggestions?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.