Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Geraldo slams 'GOP bloodlust' over Benghazi

by grimgraphix / November 1, 2012 7:23 AM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Geraldo slams 'GOP bloodlust' over Benghazi
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Geraldo slams 'GOP bloodlust' over Benghazi
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
He needs another chair
by James Denison / November 1, 2012 1:07 PM PDT

up the other side of his head, maybe it will move things back over from where the first chair put them.

Collapse -
Didn't you see that these are "tweets"?
by Steven Haninger / November 1, 2012 7:28 PM PDT
In reply to: He needs another chair

which means off the cuff remarks such as oral regurgitations. Somehow a string of such becomes the equivalent of a written editorial by a person of renown and gets characterized as a slam worth presenting to the public by other than the "tweeter"? Crazy world we live in. Happy

Collapse -
Don't forget,Geraldo is the same.........
by Tony Holmes / November 1, 2012 7:35 PM PDT
In reply to: He needs another chair

rocket scientist that perpetrated the Al Capone safe farce in 1986. Grin

Collapse -
(NT) He's another that should just fade away. Downhill for years.
by Roger NC / November 2, 2012 8:35 AM PDT
Collapse -
Phil Donahue
by James Denison / November 2, 2012 9:20 AM PDT

had enough sense to leave talk TV when it descended to the level of some inner city ghetto or backwood inbred hillbillies with attitude. Geraldo had to take a chair across the face before he finally questioned what he was doing. I guess Springer is still on TV? Sally Jesse left when people quit liking to see her cry and wanted TV fights and cussing instead.

Collapse -
Geraldo is a regular contributor to Fox News...
by grimgraphix / November 2, 2012 3:41 PM PDT

... the Most Watched News Channel on TV, which, incidentally, makes it the Main Stream Media. He has been supported by some on this forum as an insightful man with valuable comments.

Twitter is a voluntary soap box. No one makes anyone post on Twitter. It's not an "off the cuff" remark because one has to actually think the thought... write the statement down, and then actually post the remark. Even after all that, one can go back and edit the remark, or even remove it.

It's funny how Geraldo is a has-been who lost credibility years ago and is being misquoted based upon off-the-cuff remarks when he says something people don't like.

Collapse -
I never cared for Geraldo
by TONI H / November 2, 2012 5:17 PM PDT

even during the VietNam war when he played himself off to be a 'news reporter' embedded with the troops. He does put himself in harm's way, but I think he's more of a PITA to the troops by putting themselves in harm's way to cover his sorry intrusive butt.

I actually like Stossel.......he finds really unique ways of pointing out the obvious to people in his show. He's the one who put on the 'share the wealth.....share the grade' comparison with college kids.

Collapse -
He fit a niche that needed filling
by James Denison / November 2, 2012 9:05 PM PDT

Being a Hispanic reporter when there were few around.

Collapse -
It's funny how he commented about hoodies
by Steven Haninger / November 2, 2012 9:13 PM PDT

being a possible factor in the Trayvon Martin shooting and did so, not with tweets, but in a recorded interview. His suggestion that African-Americans and Latinos shouldn't wear hoodies was roundly criticized here in SE and he, Geraldo, was also suggested to be irrelevant. All of a sudden tweets are relevant? This after our Sec. of State dismissed tweet and facebook posts as being unimportant in the Benghazi incident? You gotta be kidding.

Collapse -
Did I even say Tweets were important?
by grimgraphix / November 3, 2012 4:17 AM PDT

Where have I even said that Geraldo's comments were important? In fact, how are any of my comments above not accurate facts, rather than opinion? I just posted what he said... and sat back and watched as all the avowed conservatives on this board all rushed to discredit Geraldo.

Actions speak louder than words.
#hoisted #petard

It's just like how conservatives play the underdog minority when it comes to the MSM. One can't make claim to having the most watched news channel (that is obviously slanted conservative in its reporting) and then declare to not have a voice in the LSM!

All you people live in your own little world. Y'all are bad winners when things go your way, and certainly are poor losers when they don't.

Collapse -
(NT) Sounds like you just admitted to baiting/trolling.
by Steven Haninger / November 3, 2012 4:37 AM PDT
Collapse -
Seriously Stephen?
by grimgraphix / November 3, 2012 5:03 AM PDT

Posting a link to a new article along with word for word quotes from that article is gonna be called trolling? I never even made a comment of my own on the original post. My second post consisted of mentioning relevant facts about other people's observations and the only personal opinion I expressed was "the Most Watched News Channel on TV, which, incidentally, makes it the Main Stream Media." which is also arguably a fact.

Now you sit at your keyboard and suggest I'm trolling?

Have you even looked at the front page of SE today?

As I type this, the first 2 posts are "ROFL..Biden's best gaffe yet..." and "LOL, Obama kicks Atlantic City Mayor Off Christie Plane".

You actually have the balls to suggest that I am trolling?

I thought at least you, were a better debater on this board than to try and score some point with a misleading cheap shot. You think I trolling? Fine. I can go back to the conversational styles I used to have to use to keep up with EdH and Duckman. If that's what you expect of me then that's what I'll give you.

Collapse -
You threw it out...sat back and watched...
by Steven Haninger / November 3, 2012 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Seriously Stephen?

and made no comments of your own...? What's a body to think was your purpose? I won't venture a guess.

Collapse -
RE: I won't venture a guess.
by JP Bill / November 3, 2012 5:14 AM PDT

You already have...Sounds like you just admitted to baiting/trolling

Collapse -
So far, this is your only post in this thread
by Steven Haninger / November 3, 2012 5:18 AM PDT

Would you care to make a comment relevant to the OP. I did.

Collapse -
No thanks, I'll make comments irrelevant to the OP
by JP Bill / November 3, 2012 5:21 AM PDT

Same as you are.

Collapse -
Enjoy yourself. At least you're not out there
by Steven Haninger / November 3, 2012 5:27 AM PDT

mugging old people...literally, that is.

Collapse -
RE: At least you're not out there mugging old people.
by JP Bill / November 3, 2012 5:30 AM PDT

Not right now...

Collapse -
According to Stephen, this is also an obvious troll...
by grimgraphix / November 3, 2012 11:21 AM PDT
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6130_102-576875/new-benghazi-info/ .... because it is just a link to several articles.

Sorry Toni, but you've been busted by Stephen's protocol.

I guess everyone needs to remember to throw in a sarcastic tag line or make an outrageous claim that might or might not have anything to do with the actual subject. No more posting a link or posting an article.

Otherwise the OP is obviously trying to start trouble!

I'll add ROTFLMAO, just to be safe. I don't want to be misinterpreted as a troll. No sir. Not me. I want it obvious that this is just me expressing a nice, friendly opinion and not trying to start a flame war.
Collapse -
Was I snide enough in the above post?
by grimgraphix / November 3, 2012 11:26 AM PDT

I don't want to disappoint...

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.