Cameras forum

Praise

GE X500-Good camera? PLEASE HELP

by QuincyNation / February 28, 2012 11:23 AM PST

Im not sure if i want the GE-X500 BK-16MegaPixel Digital camera. I have a few questions, for its price of around 150$, is it a good camera? I dont like flat cameras, but im not sure if theres any bulky cameras like the GE-X500 for its price. Also im not sure if it can take rapid pictures. does it? I dont know if it can continiuosly take pictures (excuse my spelling).

Is it good for its price of a bulky camera?

Can it take multiple pictures rapidly?

Which would you recommend if not this camera? I NEED HELP! thank you!!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: GE X500-Good camera? PLEASE HELP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: GE X500-Good camera? PLEASE HELP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
GE X500
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / February 28, 2012 11:54 AM PST
Collapse -
Still questions
by QuincyNation / February 29, 2012 7:02 AM PST
In reply to: GE X500

is there any fast showing cameras for around 200$? if so what do you recommend?

Collapse -
Depends
by PistonCupChampion / February 29, 2012 8:00 AM PST
In reply to: Still questions

There are different types of speed involved. One is shutter lag, the time it takes for a camera to focus, set exposure, and record the image. Two is shot-to-shot, the time it takes between presses of the button. Three is continuous speed, how many shots can be fired when holding down the shutter button.

Most less expensive cameras are not particularly fast at shutter lag, but some are nearly as quick as larger cameras.
Just about none are as fast as big cameras at shot-to-shot; you might be able to take one photo every two seconds.
More and more compacts are including a "burst" mode which can capture 5-10 pictures in one second. The caveat is that after the burst, the camera will not be able to take another shot or burst for possibly 10-20 seconds.

You might check out the Sony DSC-WX10. It is an editor's choice at imaging-resource.com, and it is an eBay Daily Deal today (02/29) for $170 shipping included.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/WX10/WX10A.HTM

Collapse -
Im sorry but more questions ! sorry!!!
by QuincyNation / February 29, 2012 10:52 AM PST
In reply to: Depends

Hey i have a few more questions. For about 50-175$ what camera would be able to take really good photos in lots of light, and still good photos in dark. Also one that has a high resolution - idont really care about video- and overrall good quality. I perfer a bulky camera, but at this point im open to anything! Thank you for all your help .

Collapse -
Light and Dark
by PistonCupChampion / February 29, 2012 11:10 AM PST

Any camera can produce good quality images in outdoor light. Indoors, a camera needs a sensor and lens that can gather more of the existing light. Those two things are really only available on expensive cameras, because larger sensors and lenses cost more to manufacture.

In a small camera, high resolution is at odds with low light performance. The small cameras that work best in low light have "only" 10-12 megapixel sensors.

Collapse -
Other then
by QuincyNation / February 29, 2012 7:55 PM PST
In reply to: Light and Dark

other then the GE X500 camera, is there any other bulky camera for under 200 $ that would bhave good performance? I think i might go with a less bulky camera, but im not sure. I just want good quality

Collapse -
Used
by PistonCupChampion / February 29, 2012 10:55 PM PST
In reply to: Other then

I would suggest looking at an older camera like the Panasonic DMC-FZ35. It was one of the best rated and reviewed cameras of its type when it was new. It originally cost $400, but can be found used for within your budget.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ35/FZ35A.HTM

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.