TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

GATEWAY 42" PLASMA TV PROBLEM - MODEL GTW-P42M102 - parts??

by syncmaster750s / November 11, 2006 11:32 AM PST

Hello, I am really not happy with Gateway, infact, I am quite frustrated with them - I have had a gateway plasma 42" tv MODEL : GTW-P42M102, I have learned that it is the same as a SAMPO MODEL : PME42S6, it is also same as a NORCENT TECHNOLOGIES TV model : PT425
Is there any one out there that has available parts for any of these models of tv please?, I really need your help please - I have narrowed the problem down to one board in particular and I need that board please - following is the information that I have on the board :
LGE PDP 020417
MODEL : 42SD3
BOARD : 42SD3_ZSUS
PART NO : 6870QZE005D
LOC NO : 3XXX

I need this board please, if any one out there in TV-land has this board, please email me at stewie_griffin77@yahoo.com please.
I have paid $2500 for this TV about 14 months ago, and now I am stuck with an expensive paperweight.
I can even email you a closeup picture of the board if you wish - please email me and let me know.
Please help
thanking you all in advance
thank you
Errol

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: GATEWAY 42" PLASMA TV PROBLEM - MODEL GTW-P42M102 - parts??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: GATEWAY 42" PLASMA TV PROBLEM - MODEL GTW-P42M102 - parts??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You are not alone
by grammag / November 11, 2006 4:47 PM PST

This post belongs in the Gateway plasma tv problems thread. Please check there.

Collapse -
Im trying to find a replacement stand lost mine when I mount
by soniahoy / January 17, 2014 6:35 PM PST
In reply to: You are not alone

Im looking to see if you have any suggestions on me finding a replacement stand for this model of tv not having any luck?

Collapse -
PARTS FOR GATEWAY PLASMA TV
by plasmatech / June 24, 2007 8:40 AM PDT

I MAY HAVE IT . PLEASE SEND ME A CLOSE PICTURE
CALL ME 8326309285 THANKS

Collapse -
42" Gateway TV
by caferacer1979 / December 24, 2007 2:20 AM PST

Have been looking for parts for my 42". Heard you were the guy to talk to

Collapse -
Gateway GTW- P42M102
by crazyfiremedic / September 5, 2008 9:52 AM PDT

Hopefully someone can help. 42" Gateway GTW-P42M102 P/N 7004578. It shows a green light for power on front and a green light in the back which cycles through 5 flashes continuously. Also I can hear the speakers "click" as though they are also powering up, but I have nothing on the screen.

Collapse -
gtw-p42m102
by 1vetteguy4u / December 20, 2008 4:35 PM PST
In reply to: Gateway GTW- P42M102

I have the same problem of green light on in front and green blinking light on back ...cycling 5 times...it will flash on then i hear speakers, then goes black... anyone find out what is the cause?

Collapse -
not able to get the info...
by plasma 42 / July 10, 2007 12:52 AM PDT

I have a Gateway 42" plasma,which from yesterday having a weird problem. There is sound and unfortunately as for the video,there are no images but different hues of bright colors which also changes .i chked the thread but not able to find a similar type of trouble. Is it worth to try and fix it? can somebody shed some light on this issue?

Collapse -
Then you want to...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 10, 2007 2:08 AM PDT

Find one with the other dead issue and swap cards with the dead one and hope you fix it. This is home repair and not your typical TV repairman style work.

There will be those that expect an exact answer but for here we have to live with this sort of free advice.

Bob

Collapse -
(NT) Gateway + plasma = trouble.
by bevillan / June 25, 2007 12:03 AM PDT
Collapse -
Gateway 42"
by algp2003 / November 18, 2007 11:55 AM PST

Have a dead 42 will sell parts. started buzzing then died.
Post what you need.

Collapse -
Gateway GTW-P42M102 Parts
by danjohnson2947 / December 3, 2007 8:16 AM PST
In reply to: Gateway 42"

Do you still have parts available for this Television?
My remote does not communicate with the television anymore. I am relatively certain the remote still works. I believe the part i need is the IR Sensor / Board.

I can still navidate through the menu to switch channels but cannot use the remote. Does anyone have the same problem?

Collapse -
power supply
by alopez104 / September 4, 2009 1:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Gateway 42"

do you still salling parts off your tv if i was looking for a power supply for my gateway 42inch tv

Collapse -
GATEWAY IS NOW OWNED BY "ACER COMPUTERS."
by Riverledge / December 24, 2007 5:17 AM PST

MAY BE YOU CAN CONTACT THEM.

Best wishes,

Riverledge.

Collapse -
i have gateway broken
by karel78 / January 24, 2008 5:00 AM PST

hi my name is roberto i have aplasma gateway gtw p42 m102 broken i dont know what board do you need can you i mail me if are intestering bye

Collapse -
Hey Roberto - do you still have parts 4 gateway GTW P4m102?
by roybusto / March 2, 2008 4:08 AM PST
In reply to: i have gateway broken

Hey Roberto - do you still have parts 4 gateway GTW P4m102?

I need the video image board

LGE PDP 020417
MODEL : 42SD3
BOARD : 42SD3_ZSUS
PART NO : 6870QZE005D
LOC NO : 3XXX

pelase email me royknapp@gmail.com

Collapse -
Gateway Plasma 42 inch
by cavazos2 / September 12, 2008 3:02 AM PDT

Does anyone have a powerboard part? The green light comes on in front and the main power switch clicks and it sounds like the speakers kick in but no image. I was told after paying $99 that the main power board is out.

Collapse -
Gateway GTw-P42M102

I have this model and everything works but the picture is green I can connect to all inputs but I believe the top center panel audio power supply is shot I will give you the whole thing for dirt cheap Its setting near my computer desk gathering dust so if anyone needs it text me at (619)717-3926 thats my cricket wireless sms messaging or email me at mister.travieso@yahoo.com or mrtravieso1904@gmail.com whoever wants it better reply soon cause I want it gone Im thru dealng with Gateway and Acer LOL . 1

Collapse -
missing parts
by skater36 / August 4, 2009 7:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Gateway GTw-P42M102

I am looking for a remote control and plasma stand for a gtw-p42m102.

Collapse -
(NT) Try Ebay, Craigslist.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 4, 2009 12:14 PM PDT
In reply to: missing parts
Collapse -
gateway 42" plasma tv parts for model# gtw-p42m102
by cherrysunburst / January 17, 2009 10:11 AM PST

I HAVE NUMEROUS PARTS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR TV PLEASE CALL ME AT 216 441-9917

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.