I have a ASUS G55 and i love it, it plays Skyrim maxed out its a 15 inch 1920X1080 matte screen a GTX660 8gb of ram, CPU Processor: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.40GHz) and ASUS G series is great with cooling i highly recomend it you could prolly find it for a high 1200 but its worth it oh and 7g0gb hdd
I am interested in purchasing a gaming laptop, but I am a novice in this area. I have stuck with consoles throughout my whole life and know little outside of the feedback of a few friends. I would like to stay in the $1000-1200 range, as more is difficult for me to justify. I really enjoy games such as Skyrim, Fallout, Fable, and other similar role playing games, as well as the NBA 2K series. I am looking for the best performance for the money that I intend on spending. I put together the configuration below and would greatly appreciate feedback. Thanks in advance.
- Display: 15.6" Full HD LED-Backlit Display with Matte Finished Surface (1920 x 1080)
- Video & Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670MX GPU with 3GB GDDR5 Video Memory
- CPU Processor: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.40GHz)
- Thermal Compound: Stock Standard Thermal Compound
- Operating System: Genuine MS Windows® 8 64-Bit Edition
- Memory: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 2 X 8GB
- Primary Hard Disk Drive: 750GB 7200rpm SATA2 Hard Drive
- Wireless Network Card: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Combo Module
This is from the Sager website (I also checked ibuypower and xtopic) and the final price was $1304.