Samsung forum

Furious with Samsung support

by Indashmp3 / January 4, 2013 6:55 AM PST

The other day I submitted a service request online with samsung for my 60" 7000 series plasma. I received a call from the authorized service center and scheduled the visit. Today, I receive an email from Samsung indicating the service request has been cancelled, and a follow up email stating that my problem(s) are normal or not covered.

1.) plasma makes a rather obnoxious buzz heard when positioned dead center of the viewing panel and can be heard over 20 Ft away. They said the buzzing is normal and may be loud because its too close to the wall. You know what? That made me furious! Of course it's close to the wall. I'm using samsungs low profile picture frame style wall mount!!!

2.) air bubbles. I was told this is cosmetic and would not be covered. Sorry, but this is an obvious manufacturing defect! Samsung's panels are supposed to bubble up? Is that what I'm hearing?

Samsung tech, please chime in. Ticket#4117515929

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Furious with Samsung support
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Furious with Samsung support
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Any tips?
by Indashmp3 / January 7, 2013 1:01 AM PST

Any way to add pictures to this thread? I'm still frustrated that the service call scheduled for tomorrow was cancelled without speaking with me first.

This comment still blows me away:"You can also have loud buzzing if the back of your Plasma TV is too close to a wall or other hard surface. To decrease the buzzing, try moving your TV away from the wall."

Really?? What's the point of the thin display and low profile mount??

My mom just ordered a Samsung UN7000 LED 60" last week from a local retailer. Thinking of advising her she look elsewhere if this is the type of support to be expected.

I would like to show pictures of the air bubbles.

Collapse -
I don't understand.
by Indashmp3 / January 7, 2013 8:59 AM PST
In reply to: Any tips?

Samsung sent me the e-mail stating they canceled my service call. So, make other plans for the day. Tonight I get a phone call from the service company to "confirm" my appointment?!!! What is going on? I changed my plans, since Samsung told me the call was cancelled.

P.S. - Does a Samsung tech visit this forum anymore for assistance? I also posted the message on the Samsung Support Facebook page as recommended, but haven't received a reply to that either....

Collapse -
Re: canceled service call
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 8, 2013 3:15 AM PST
In reply to: I don't understand.

Hi Indashmp3,

Sorry for the delay. I'm looking into this today.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Received an e-mail
by Indashmp3 / January 8, 2013 8:51 AM PST

Thought I would update the forum by letting folks know HD Tech has reached out to me via e-mail and is currently looking into this.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.