Deals forum

General discussion

fumfie scam

by teresarn1998 / March 1, 2011 2:42 PM PST

cnet you should take fumfie off your list of shopper deals i went with them because they were on your website. they are a ripoff yea i got my stuff dont know if its real no invoice no books with the camera and lens. never got an email confirmation nothing to show what each item costs costs were more than i expected. never buy from them i am going to try to send my stuff back and file a complaint. unfortunately the bbb in new york has them with a A- rating so i thought i was ok. apparently they are a bait and switch. had a funny feeling when i got call the next day comfirming my order and then trying to sell me more stuff..shouldve listened to my gut.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: fumfie scam
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: fumfie scam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
fumfie.com are scam artists
by lescroix / March 31, 2011 1:33 PM PDT
In reply to: fumfie scam

I totally agree. They are a totally shady outfit, with add-ons that they are trying without you noticing, add a "insurance" automatically to your order of 10% and then over-charging you on top of that. Rude service. CNET should not endorse them.

Collapse -
fumfie
by teresarn1998 / April 1, 2011 4:02 AM PDT

i have turned them in to bbb of new york fighting my charges on my visa couldnt even register the camera serial number is not valid.

Collapse -
I've passed this along.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 1, 2011 4:11 AM PDT
In reply to: fumfie

Sorry for the delay, but I have passed this on up to the Forum Admin.

Mark

Collapse -
Thanks for reporting this, I will forward this to the
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 1, 2011 4:36 AM PDT

appropriate people.

Thanks again!
-Lee
CNET Community

Collapse -
fumfie
by teresarn1998 / April 1, 2011 12:03 PM PDT

thank you i just dont want anyone else to go thru the same stuff i have with them. and waste money.

Collapse -
I hear you, I wouldn't want anyone to go through the same...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 4, 2011 1:51 AM PDT

either. Thank you for looking out for others, it is appreciated. I have already forwarded to the appropriate party to look into.

Best regards,
-Lee

Collapse -
fumfie
by lescroix / April 1, 2011 9:53 AM PDT

After doing some internet search, it sounds like they sell alot cameras from the "gre" market - cameras that were meant to be sold cheaper in other international markets like China or India. That might be reason why you can't register your camera. I have not even tried to register mine....oh boy.

Collapse -
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY
by BCJESS / May 15, 2014 9:09 AM PDT

People write bad reviews about Fumfie. I wished I had taken notice before ordering from them.
Very dishonest seller. Once you have paid for your order. they will not return phone calls or emails.

I can forgive the pushy upselling when they force you to call after ordering, that's their business. When I called, I added a few more items to my order. For some reason, they automatically charged my paypal account for this as well, without my authorization. While this wasn't a problem, because I actually ordered the items, it is concerning that they can just charge your paypal account without your authority.

To save themselves money, they undervalue the items for insurance.
This happened to me and my package was missing items (85% of the cost of the total package)

The insurance company was happy to cover the items, however Fumfie had only insured the package for 10% of what I paid. The insurance would have been paid at 10% the value.

I had to lodge a dispute through paypal, who thankfully saw what a shady dishonest seller they were and they refunded 100% of my purchase. Thank you paypal, screw you fumfie.

MAKE SURE YOU READ REVIEWS ABOUT FUMFIE. You have been warned!!!
If you do decide to purchase from them because you want to save a few dollars
make sure you request the insurance form they are sending to the courier company, and pay with paypal. Better still, shop somewhere else and pay a few extra dollars. It took me about 5 weeks to have this problem sorted, and now I can go buy a camera from someone else.

Collapse -
try giving us a call?
by fumfie / April 5, 2011 7:43 AM PDT

Hello,
Just came across this thread.My name is Henry a customer service manager at fumfie.com I would love to address your concerns.I'm sorry for the issues w/ your purchase.We stand by ALL customers and id like to make sure your happy as well.Every company small or large has unhappy customers however its how they address those concerns that make them a good or bad company.

Please take your time to call me at 866 666 9198 ext 301 and you'll be a happy camper i promise
Thanx Henry
718 502 6168 (direct line)

Collapse -
no thank you fumfie
by teresarn1998 / April 5, 2011 1:52 PM PDT
In reply to: try giving us a call?

i dont want to talk to your people again i was scammed i have read the same type of complaint numerous times from others on the web it sounds like i wrote it. the camera is a grey market and you do not advertise it no legit company sends out equipment with NO manuals. i am not the first customer like i said read complaints over and over same situation. dont worry i am talking to people Happy

teresa

Collapse -
Thank You!!
by fumfie / April 10, 2011 2:57 AM PDT
In reply to: no thank you fumfie

It was a pleasure speaking with you the other day.Thank You for your time and giving us a chance to make sure all is well w/ your order.So if you need anything in the future i would be more than happy to be of any assistance

Best Regards,

Henry Frankel
Director of Business Development
Fumfie 866-666-918 EXT 301

Direct Phone: (718)-502-6168
henry@fumfie.com

Collapse -
(NT) fumfie credited my account
by teresarn1998 / April 10, 2011 4:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank You!!
Collapse -
fumfie
by teresarn1998 / April 10, 2011 4:47 AM PDT

spoke with henry at fumfie explained my complaints with the company he is sending me a charger for my car and credit 139.00 to credit card also 3 year warranty certificate (not convinced that the warranty will be accepted, we will see) voiced my concerns about the way the company does business and the hassles i've had to go thru. still uncertain about this business but happy i got some satisfaction.

Collapse -
I'm glad to see you worked things out with Fumfire.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / April 11, 2011 5:35 AM PDT

Thank you teresarn1998 for following back up to post your outcome of the situation. And thank you Henry from Fumfire for swinging by our forums to resolve the situation at hand with one of your customers.

I know these type of occasional blunders can happen with any online merchant and I've been through several myself with other companies. And I'd say 98% of time, if the company stands by their business and has a respectable customer service, things that went bad on a order usually can and will be resolved quickly in a timely fashion with a positive outcome.

So the lesson here I think here for all is, if your order is unsatisfactory--before you go out and file complaints and posting such things on Web, call the company's customer service first. And if things don't get resolved after speaking to the company, and they have not offered any reasonable solution or attempts to resolve the situation with your order--then I think then you have the right to make others aware of the companies practices--however not before the situation has been taken up with the company first.

I personally truly believe in second chances and I always give people and companies the benefit of the doubt--because no matter how "great" a company is, occasional mistake are inevitable. And IMO, a reflection of how "great" a company is, is directly correlated to how they handle customer situations when things aren't going so great.

Anyways I've blabbed on a bit too much--and I just wanted to lay my 2 cents out. I'm just glad to see that this situation here is resolved and we can move on.

Thanks everyone!

-Lee

Collapse -
(NT) still dont think they are reputable company
by teresarn1998 / April 11, 2011 2:14 PM PDT
Collapse -
still not convinced
by teresarn1998 / April 11, 2011 2:18 PM PDT

although fumfie is giving me credit to my card i will not be doing business with the again. i told henry the way they operate is not ethical. there business practices are very unsavory. i have never had so much hassle with a company as i have had with them. my story is the same as too many others i have read. glad henry reached out but wont be ordering from them again.
teresa

Collapse -
registration
by teresarn1998 / April 10, 2011 4:48 AM PDT

this is to lescroix just wondering whether you were able to register your camera with nikon?

Collapse -
Buyers beware!!
by nesta333 / May 8, 2012 1:50 AM PDT

Beware! I placed an order with Fumfie. The deal on the camera was good, but they talked me into buying all kinds of accessories. A memory card was listed for $49.99 - when I got it, it was a cheap card which sells for $4. The lens was a cheap worhtless lens, and the extra battery was also marked up %1000!!!. When I called to return, I find out they charge 30% restocking fee. I protested and they tried to sell more useless accessories. Mng "Sean" was rude and unhelpful. Would not buy from them again. B&H or Amazon is the way to go.

Collapse -
Buuyers beware!!!!
by nesta333 / May 8, 2012 1:51 AM PDT

Beware! I placed an order with Fumfie. The deal on the camera was good, but they talked me into buying all kinds of accessories. A memory card was listed for $49.99 - when I got it, it was a cheap card which sells for $4. The lens was a cheap worhtless lens, and the extra battery was also marked up %1000!!!. When I called to return, I find out they charge 30% restocking fee. I protested and they tried to sell more useless accessories. Mng "Sean" was rude and unhelpful. Would not buy from them again. B&H or Amazon is the way to go.

Collapse -
avoid these guys....
by samquinones / May 18, 2012 7:58 AM PDT

i ordered a Canon7d body from these guys and they didn't send it. they asked me to call them and at that point tried to sell me a card, a new battery, an extended warranty.

told them i didn't want it, just wanted what i ordered.

long story short, they stalled several days at sending the camera. so, suspicious, i canceled the order. they confirmed my cancellation in an email, then sent me an email saying they'd sent the order along. i called my credit card company, who credited my account. eventually, fumfie cancelled the order, but when they refunded the order they gave me $100 less than I'd originally paid. my credit card company is dealing with that.

could have been that the Canon product was a good one -- the price was good -- but i got so suspicious of the hard sell and the stalling that I just backed off. i have no idea what they're up to, but i'll never deal with Fumfie (whatever that means) again.

Collapse -
Same deal...Please give us a chance
by fumfie / July 2, 2012 12:46 AM PDT
In reply to: avoid these guys....

We try our best to make sure all customers are happy. Now we do make mistakes, however if you speak to the cs department and your still not satisfied feel free to give me a call as i'm not usually on the phones. Again most people are happy with our great prices and service

henry@fumfie.com
866 666 9198 x 301

Collapse -
I agree.
by PTAS8111201 / April 3, 2013 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: avoid these guys....

They have such a shady crew there, I ordered a camera from there and did my research and tried to cancel my order, Thought nothing of it as i thought it was cancelled, and Bought from Best Buy. They went ahead and charged my card and sent my order anyway! I called and called and was on hold several times for more than 45 minutes. I was given the run around 3 times in two weeks telling me that they were refunding my money, After a half an hour on the phone today, i finally got a confirmation number that my money was returned now i have to wait another 2 to 3 business days for my money to show up! I was lied to twice, being told that it would be in within 24 hours. Yeah right! I have nothing but disdain for this company, and i will never ever do any business again with them. Shady shady company.
I say, save yourself a headache and spend the extra money to buy from someone Reliable!
Puke.

Collapse -
Got screwed - NOT HASSLE FREE
by cainath / August 21, 2012 4:57 AM PDT

NOT HASSLE FREE this is what they should put on their website.
Instead i saw the HASSLE FREE and thought it would be a straight forward transaction.
I ordered a Canon lens and got sucked into ordering the extra warranty and filters for another 150$ extra.
They told me the filters were top notch filters not the regular ones that we find for 10$ on Amazon when I received the product the filters were exactly the 10$ once they sell on AMAZON. When I tried to return the lens since I wanted a different lens then i find out that there is a 15% restocking fee ( my bad I did not read the return conditions ) prior to my purchase so I had to no choice but order something different from them since anyway i wanted to get a different lens i ordered it from them and they charged me the same price for which the lens is sold on Amazon or even the Canon Direct website which was shocking and after they charged me they said they did not have it in stock and need to get it before they can ship it to me. I probably spent atleast 5-6 hours on the phone with them over period of 1 week to finish this transaction. Over all a very horrible experience.

Collapse -
Extremely surprised!
by tiredofitall10 / September 3, 2012 9:52 AM PDT

Bought a camera from Fumfie in 2011. I had nothing but the best customer service! Had one small problem with camera bag....they sent another one immediately. I highly recommend this company. Placed order, got all sorts of communication from them-no problems what so ever-no 'add ons' without my consent. Re-stocking fee? A lot of places do that, even brick & mortar stores....you just need to read.

I've recommended this company to friends and I will continue to.

Just had to put my two cents worth in.

Collapse -
CNET should be careful with endorsing this company
by aboligitz / December 11, 2012 1:07 AM PST

I just placed an order with them last week. I too am having issues getting a hold of the company to check on my order. I wish I would have read the online reviews of this company first... I probably would have just stuck to amazon and paid the extra 30$. I am still leaving out my final thoughts on the company until this sale goes through or is canceled. I do find it rather odd or curious that they have sales reps trolling all the forums and message boards. Normally a company should just be able stand on their good service and quality products alone and not make their customers go threw hoops.

Collapse -
Fumie Scam?
by 56Buick / December 23, 2012 1:40 AM PST

I will be finding out shortly. I ordered a Sony CX 260V Camcorder from them... I also purchase a "special" holiday package consisting of a Panoramic lens and 4 hr battery. I received two tracking numbers by mail... one tracking number is not recognized. The other tracking number is to the package that did arrive... that package does not contain all items ordered...the "special" holiday package was not included... and one of the items that comes with the camera is missing. I have emailed them, left my phone number on their voice mail...(I do not seem to be able to speak to someone live)... and have no response. I am going to try registering that camera... if I get any issues whatsoever, I am stopping payment and returning their items. I will write back on this forum to state how I made out with getting everything resolved.

Collapse -
We Care about Our Customers. And will resolve any issue!
by AlenFumfie / December 24, 2012 12:42 AM PST
In reply to: Fumie Scam?

We always strive to give our customers the best service we possibly can and want to make any issue found on this or other thread right if there may be a problem. Please don't jump to conclusions and give us a chance to make any situation right.

Since the beginning of this thread we have processed 21,348 shipments with over a 93% satisfaction rate. Unfortunately there are 4 unsatisfied customers on this thread with 2 customers pre-judging based on the thread feedback. Please give us a chance.

Unfortunately the Tens of Thousands of satisfied customers will not look to share their positive experience on a thread such as this nor on any review site. In our experience, out of 100 satisfied customers only 1 or 2 will take the time to post a positive review and out of 10 unsatisfied customers, 9 will post negative feedback and wont stop there even though all that was needed was to communicate with us allowing us to resolve the situation.

OfferPop; I am not sure if anything had gone wrong with your order, but if anything has gone not according to your satisfaction. Please call me directly at my direct telephone number that I will be providing below.

56Buick; It sounds like your order was dispatched in 2 parcels and should be complete. As per getting someone live on the phone, you can always get an agent in any particular department based on our hours of operation located in the contact us section of our website. I do apologize in advance if you had to deal with long hold times during the holiday season especially the last few weeks during our heaviest shopping season of the entire year.

I hope our customers allow us to right any wrong and understand that even companies like Disney have negative reviews, feedback and threads.

My name is Alen and I am the Operations Manager at Fumfie.com. My direct line is 347-960-6806. Please call me directly if anyone has any issue with any part of their order and we will do everything to make it right.

Collapse -
Issue Resolved
by 56Buick / December 29, 2012 9:04 AM PST

Alen, thank you for your post and offer to address the issue with my order. I called the support line listed on your web site and I have to say... The end result is that I am very satisfied... and... I was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of concern showed by the person I spoke with. He took the time to provide several possible explanations for the mix up... and he made sure that all of my concerns and issues were addressed before the call ended.

After ordering from Fumfie, encountering the issues... then reading this forum... I definately had concerns. Since, I have received the items that were not shipped... plus, due to the nature of the mixup... I was given a few accessories for no charge. My son... who the camcorder was ordered for is very happy with everything.

I would definately recommend Fumfie in the future.

Regards,
56Buick

Collapse -
Just saw this thread after placed the order
by M0NAC / April 24, 2013 7:30 AM PDT

I placed the order (Nikon D5200 with 18-105mm) on Sunday, 21 and didn't receive the tracking number yet. And now i just saw this thread. I talked to them today, they didn't ship the package yet.This made me worry.

Collapse -
I am glad I saw this..!
by MartinHarper / April 30, 2013 10:44 PM PDT

I usually have a habit to check reviews for any company, before I try for them first time. I was going to make an order with them but I think I am glad I found this thread.

I may try them for a smaller purchase but not for a brand new camera.

Thanks all.
Martin

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.