Cameras forum

General discussion

Fuji A700 - I want to print date/time on photo's ...

by J&Ls mummy / April 11, 2008 6:05 AM PDT

For 16 months I have been unable to find a way of printing the date/time on my photos. I've tried DCIM, phoning Fuji, but to date haven't got a solution. I found this forum googling another problem and thought it's worth asking ...
1 - Is it possible?
2 - Can I do it through Finepix Viewer programme I got with the camera?
3 - Do I need to use another programme to edit my photos?
4 - Do I need to do it on the camera - which is no good. (I've got 2 young boys and taken loads of pictures each month - the battery dies before I can even start editing the photos!)
Any advice would be appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Fuji A700 - I want to print date/time on photo's ...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Fuji A700 - I want to print date/time on photo's ...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Usually done at the time we print.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 11, 2008 6:33 AM PDT for example is one of hundreds of softwares that allow you to alter the image to hold EXIF data such as the date/time. I decline from writing tutorials on use of such software.
Collapse -
by J&Ls mummy / April 11, 2008 6:44 AM PDT

I'm new to the forum (not sure how it works etc) so thank you for this information.
Kind Regards

Collapse -
Stupid question ...
by J&Ls mummy / April 11, 2008 6:51 AM PDT

Sorry, one more thing. The cameras viewer doesn't show the date on my pictures either - would this software still be able to put the date on the photo, copy them to cd, and have the date printed??
Thanks again.

Collapse -
To find out...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 11, 2008 6:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Stupid question ...

Look at the JPEG file with another freebie called IRFANVIEW. See if that's in the EXIF data. Sorry but I have to decline writing tutorials about free software here. Dive in and get going.

Collapse -
Thank you
by J&Ls mummy / April 11, 2008 7:06 AM PDT
In reply to: To find out...

Okay Bob, thanks I'll have a look.

Collapse -
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / April 11, 2008 8:44 AM PDT

If you are using Alkaline AA batteries you should change to rechargeable AA NiMH batteries.

The NiMH batteries last 3 to 4 times longer.
And they are rechargeable.

You can buy a AA NiMH battery kit (batteries and charger) at any store that sells digital cameras.
If you don't find them, ask the clerk.
The kit can cost from $10 to $20 dollars.

Collapse -
how come?

Do you want the date on there for when you give it to someone? Every picture has the date embedded in the data of the photograph, so you won't ever forget when it was taken. You could do it during post-processing if you wanted, but that would be an abundance of work.

Collapse -
When not viewing on the computer...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 11, 2008 10:00 PM PDT
In reply to: how come?

How would you know? i.e. printed photo.

Collapse -
I want the date on my photos ....
by J&Ls mummy / April 12, 2008 2:16 AM PDT

because I have two young children and love to know exactly what age they were in the photos. I have just sorted over a years worth of photos that don't have dates and it was a huge job going through disks to sort them in as best an order possible. It's just my 'thing' - I love my memories, my kids pictures are so precious to me ... I need to learn a bit more about it as it does interest me. I am very much an aim and shot novice.

Prior to going digital I had a spool camera - the date on photo being the main function. I 'assumed', wrongly of course, that all digital cameras would have the function to print the date on the photos. I was so very wrong though.

I do use rechargable batteries but am forever charging them.

I've still to try the software that Bob recommended but any other pointers from anyone would be much appreciated!

Collapse -
just a suggestion

You could buy an inexpensive photo software such as Adobe Photoalbum or get the photo editing software Adobe Photoshop elements. Both, will organize the photos on a time line using a bar graph type of imaging to show how many pictures were taken during each month. They will be sorted by the date they were taken and you can move a slider across the time line to go to a certain month. You can have as much data shown as you wish, including the date.

Oh, no I wouldn't know when the picture was taken on a print, but I've never met anyone who printed and deleted their pictures on the computer(there's always a first though). That's why I brought up the question.

Collapse -
by J&Ls mummy / April 15, 2008 8:38 AM PDT
In reply to: just a suggestion

It's not that I want to delete the pics it's just I want to see the date on the printed copies - making it easier to put in actual photo albums. I've got 2 disk copies of every photo I take, that's how much I treasure them! I'am a bit paranoid after loosing my camcorder video from my hard drive and don't 100% trust my computer. Thanks, I'll give that package a look.

Collapse -
depends on the digicam
by cherlita_41 / April 15, 2008 2:51 PM PDT

this will depend on your digicam if it has the option to put the date and time

Collapse -
a tool
by ddeef / September 24, 2008 10:45 AM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.