Computer Newbies forum

Question

freezing and nosie speakers?

by pete4948 / February 20, 2013 6:19 PM PST

my computer is intel I5 cpu gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h new .gskills ripjawx 16gb galaxy gtx560 gpu creative soundblasterz sound card new. it happened since i had the motherboard install window professoinal 64 bit. the sound card has been installed since motherboard was installed rule out electrical interferance

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: freezing and nosie speakers?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: freezing and nosie speakers?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Audio/video freezing
by Willy / February 20, 2013 10:19 PM PST

Here's a good clue that the PC can't keep up or something is amiss causing the PC to hang/freeze while it services whatever and bogs it all down. The audio/video side because they are real time events that an user can see offers that a problem is present. You have to look at what's installed as in pgms. and if all was well until a recent install, look there. If any recent video/audio updates, look there. If the PC was working well before any of these problems arose, then again if something new was added or updated, look at those recent actions.

If you had Win7-32 bit running and now the -64-bit version, then make 100% sure you have installed the 64-bit versions of any updates and/or drivers. If this 64-bit was installed over the 32-bit version, now you know why its best to install fresh, now as an upgrade over existing install.

Ruled out, "electrical interference" hardly, sometimes that comes by way of the PC slot its installed in. Try another, to help reduce that as a cause because noise generated by the PC itself can't cope because overall its a simple level of suppression.

Your details are fuzzy, be specific, new or upgrade OS install?

tada ------Willy Happy

Collapse -
freezing and noise
by pete4948 / February 21, 2013 12:30 AM PST
In reply to: Audio/video freezing

fresh install windows 7 profesional 64 bit when new motherboard installed

Collapse -
Next step
by Willy / February 21, 2013 1:29 AM PST
In reply to: freezing and noise

I don't see mention of if you when the next step, that is use the mtrbd. install disc provided and do after the new OS install. That has to be done and again, refer to the 64-bit side of it all. if not part of the provided disc, then visit the mtrbd. website and get whatever is missing or related to 64-bit installs. On top of that, newer released installs, etc., could well be available and use those on top of anything already installed. Use common sense and get the required updates, etc.. also would discount any "bios updates" here too. At least check the status, if you at bios xxx-2 and now xxx-4 is available, it usually good to install, but that is something left to you to decide. of course, if nothing seems to correct the problem, that maybe an area to look into regardless.

I assume also that the HD was wiped and/or formatted as well. AQlso, consider that older 32-bit pgms. if installed are looked at for any improvements or requirements that 64-bit may impose on them if any. In this area it maybe far better to get the newer s/w version rather than trying to maintain older releases, even if you have to pay for it maybe at reduced cost, etc.. yet another area to check into.

However, if you problems quickly even before any pgms. or such are installed, look squarely at the 1st paragraph I supplied. It's important to review what's what. You may want to check the device mgr. area and see if anything is red/yellow flagged in the listing or anything is out of place, as the whole listing should be collapsed. I hope this all helps...

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
sorry i,m not very good with computers
by pete4948 / February 24, 2013 2:00 AM PST
In reply to: Next step

i have ruled out new soundcard,speakers .A freind thougnt it might be faultly motherboard which was installed when o/s was formated and it new .the sound card is new to creative sound blaster z

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.