Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Forum problems after FF update

by Steven Haninger / January 8, 2013 6:36 PM PST

Updated to FF 18 and can no longer reply to any messages. Works ok with IE. I checked and Java was blocked due to needed update. I updated Java and it's no longer blocked. I have autologin set with FF using main account but not with other accounts. When changing accounts, I can not login manually. The only login options are Google, Facebook, Yahoo but not the traditional username password. Anyone else see with with FF 18?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Forum problems after FF update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Forum problems after FF update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Test reply to self
by Steven Haninger / January 8, 2013 6:37 PM PST

Works OK with IE...not FF.

Collapse -
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 8, 2013 6:56 PM PST

Same with me. The update was already download and ready to install before I could disable automatic updates. I've alerted you post for Lee to read. Could be a real issue indeed.

Collapse -
At least I'm not alone
by Steven Haninger / January 8, 2013 8:59 PM PST
In reply to: Yet.

I'm coming through IE now. I tried restoring a previous image back to last month using FF 17 and had no problems. I see with FF 18 I show a Java issue in the plug ins. I updated Java and still no good. As I said, the traditional login window is gone. I have autologin set for FF and IE when using my primary account. If I switch accounts, I cannot login. In any event, it seems to be clearly associated with the FF update. I may disable the auto-update feature after this.

Collapse -
Re: FF17
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 9, 2013 4:29 AM PST
In reply to: At least I'm not alone

You can download old versions of Firefox from , so I downloaded 17.0 to replace the 18.0 that was installed automatically. Beats system restore (which is disabled at my work PC) and certainly beats restoring an image from last month.
Just a tip.

Collapse -
Thanks for the heads up Steven...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 9, 2013 1:13 AM PST

We have a fix going out shortly to address this issue...

I will update the thread once the fix is out. You all will have to do a browser SHIFT + Refresh for the changes to take place once the fix is deployed..

Geezz what a bad update, it broke a bunch of our internal tools also. Bad Firefox, bad. I'm sure we aren't the only site.

Thanks again!

Collapse -
FF18 and Linux
by Ray_moe / January 9, 2013 2:23 AM PST

Seems to work fine from Linux Distro

Collapse -
UPDATE this is fixed..
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 9, 2013 3:17 AM PST

Folks please do a keyboard Shift + refresh on your browser and it should be working in FF18.

Let me know if it isn't.

Collapse -
Works fine now!
by Steven Haninger / January 9, 2013 3:24 AM PST
In reply to: UPDATE this is fixed..

Thanks. Happy

Collapse -
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 9, 2013 8:32 AM PST
In reply to: Works fine now!

Sorry about the troubles Steven. I blame Firefox this time Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.