Video Games & Consoles forum

General discussion

Flash videos on PS3 browser

by JasonRRob / February 6, 2007 10:06 AM PST

I watched a cnet video with Veronica Belmont going over some extra things that that ps3 can do and one was to watch flash videos like the ones on cnet and youTube. I went home and tried this and it doesn't work. When trying to watch flash videos on cnet it tells me to download flash player, then the Adobe site tells me that it cannot find an appropriate version for my browser. What am I doing wrong? I thought that the lack of flash support was lame on Sony's part then I saw this video on cnet that says that it's there.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Flash videos on PS3 browser
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Flash videos on PS3 browser
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
PS3 Browser Flash player
by cmaro21 / February 15, 2007 6:40 AM PST

I second your statement / question Jason. I've tried to do this and the embeded flash objects just won't play. I've tried to install what is needed but Adobe can't find the correct player for my browser (PS3). Is there a fix or hack for this to work correctly?

Collapse -
sounds like...
by bevillan / February 15, 2007 6:45 AM PST

Veronica Belmont is full of crap. Maybe she should actually research her products that she is exploring before telling people they can do things that obviously they can't.

Collapse -
Not very nice
by ar69 / February 16, 2007 6:44 AM PST
In reply to: sounds like...

Not veronica's fault. She is probably just handed a script and told to start talking.

Collapse -
credibility
by bevillan / February 18, 2007 11:06 PM PST
In reply to: Not very nice

Even if you don't personally research a topic, it is still your responsibility for its viability if you go on TV/webcast and present it.

Collapse -
She's Hot
by par4pogue / February 22, 2007 5:08 AM PST
In reply to: credibility

Give her a break, she's hot. I'd let her talk about anything she wanted. Like anybody really cares what she's saying anyway. We all just stare with our tongue out.

Collapse -
You Tube
by mamyint / February 22, 2007 7:32 AM PST

Youtube videos work just fine on the PS3 web browser. If you want a better web browser for your PS3 I suggest you install Yellow Dog Linux on your PS3. It takes up about 10 GB of space and allows you to dual-boot your system. It comes with Mozilla Firefox...

Collapse -
hope u read this
by mhc00169 / May 28, 2007 12:26 PM PDT
In reply to: You Tube

do u have the website to download yellow dog linux since i assume u dl the content then transfer to ps3 via storage device also is it normal for the ps3 to take a long time to read/play video of a usb device if not is there a way to speed it up. Thanks to you or anyone for respond to this.

Collapse -
Adobe never released it for the cell-processor
by kodiak_brewSeattle / July 15, 2008 5:00 AM PDT
In reply to: hope u read this

Just so you guys know, I've install Yellow Dog Linux and the PS3 and flash is also not supported in that browser, I can't watch southparkstudios.com at all, bummer!!!!

The little research that I did, points to the fact that Adobe has not compiled and made available Flash for the cell-processor that the PS3 uses. So it don't matter if you are using the browser in PS3 game-OS, or Linux, it still won't work, until Adobe does their thing.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.