Samsung forum

General discussion

fixed audio output LED

by ALAnKAMEN / August 5, 2009 10:53 PM PDT

I bought a 7100 series TV. I want to connect it to a 10 yr old lifestyle bose system from the fixed miniplug output. IS THERE A DEVICE I can use to vary the sound output to the
bose system which is set up to require the input to be variable.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: fixed audio output LED
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: fixed audio output LED
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
fixed audio output LED
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 6, 2009 3:32 AM PDT
In reply to: fixed audio output LED

ALAnKAMEN,

Not that I know of. The volume control on the television set will amplify the speakers in the television, but the fixed output is designed to send a fixed signal to an amplifier. Many systems have an AUX input, where the volume can be adjusted on the HT unit itself (and with the remote control, if applicable). Does that not work?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Put me on the firmware feature request list
by frighte / December 6, 2009 7:07 AM PST

I have the exact same model from bestbuy and have seen a few posts on the internet saying that a firmware update to enable 3.5mm audio to be variable is possible. One such post was responded to by one of you samsung guys who said he'll submit it to the product team. What has become of this? I'm posting this for my 46" and for my friend who has the 55".

Collapse -
variable audio output through firmware update?
by tuimonen / December 6, 2009 8:20 PM PST

Hello. It would be super cool to control the external audio output (optical or analog) using the TV remote.

My question is: could that be something we could be asking as a feature for forthcoming firmware upgrades? I mean if enough of us users are saying "Please", would Samsung implement it?

Collapse -
that's 2 more for the petition
by frighte / December 7, 2009 1:04 AM PST

That's proof right there. Less than 24 hours later someone else is requesting the same thing. I have a crt Daewoo and lcd Memorex that have variable output. For a $2400 tv to not? Come on...

Collapse -
^^^^
by panzer008 / December 7, 2009 1:18 AM PST

+1 for Volume control on External Speakers

Will be really very helpful..... so will be able to use existing speakers with it...... coz speakers with wireless remote control r very costly......

Collapse -
Another Request for Variable Audio Output
by DaveFranson / January 26, 2010 3:03 AM PST

HDTech, is is even possible to convert the audio output to a variable type via a firmware update? If not, any work-arounds for an LN52B750 without losing 5.1 ch sound? Thanks

Collapse -
Variable digital audio output
by arcadia1234 / May 18, 2010 10:09 PM PDT

Please add one more vote for firmware that will enable variable digital optical audio output. It is crazy in this day and age to need several remote controls to watch TV.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.