Samsung forum

General discussion

firmware update problem with led tv

by rfe.nld / July 5, 2009 7:54 AM PDT

I can not update the firmware of my led tv
Samsung led tv
Model ue40b8000xpxxn

I have tried to up date the firmware of my led tv with 2 different usb sticks.
The tv system gives a screen that says looking for software update
this can take 30 sec

Then it say can not find new software
There is only on dir on the stick and the files are in it just as the instruction say's

The new firmware is LED TV UB7000, 8000 series USB Firmware (ver.T-CHU7DEUC-2004.0) i get it from the dutch samsung site

Please can some tell me what the problem can be

Thanxs

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: firmware update problem with led tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: firmware update problem with led tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 5, 2009 2:11 PM PDT

rfe.nld,

I'm not familiar with the Dutch version of the firmware update.

Try:

1. formatting the thumbdrive
2. launching the download with the destination directory on the thumbdrive
3. Install into the television and repeat

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by rfe.nld / July 5, 2009 8:45 PM PDT

Samsung_HD_Tech

If have tried the things you suggested .
but things are stil not working.
Can it be that this firmware is for a older type b8000
The version I have is compatible with the c+ common interface standard

Greetings Richard

Collapse -
Problem
by KillermenBE / July 7, 2009 8:47 PM PDT
Collapse -
Site
by KillermenBE / July 8, 2009 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Problem

I think the Samsung-site of the Netherlands and the Belgian Site is the same.

Collapse -
Think it is a model problem
by rfe.nld / July 8, 2009 6:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Problem

I think it is a problem with the model type Model ue40b8000xpxxn
the update is only for the older B8000xw type's i think The different i think is the common interface type for the b8000xw type c en the b8000xp with a c+

On the Samsung global download center they make a difference between the eu..B?.xp an xw type?s

Collapse -
Think it is a model problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 8, 2009 8:14 AM PDT

rfe.nld,

The update is designed for a specific model type and subtype. So if the firmware isn't applicable to your television set, it won't update. That's a protection, and put there on purpose.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Update
by KillermenBE / July 8, 2009 6:52 PM PDT

And will they update the site with the right version of the firmware update?

Collapse -
Update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 9, 2009 7:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Update

KillermenBE,

New firmwares go up with the applicable units they apply to. So if the unit doesn't qualify for the update, there will not be one posted. If it does, it will be on that product's update page on the Samsung website, under "Service".

--HDTech

Collapse -
update
by KillermenBE / July 9, 2009 7:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Update

But that's just the thing, the firmware update I'm speaking of, comes from my type of television. Here is the link of the Belgian site at the download-section of the firmwares.
http://tinyurl.com/mubrg7

Collapse -
Unzip...
by diversions123 / July 9, 2009 10:51 PM PDT
In reply to: update

Any chance that you did not unzip the file before trying to install?

Collapse -
again
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 10, 2009 6:40 AM PDT
In reply to: again

KillermenBE,

I tried calling Samsung's Service in Belgium (hopefully there is someone there who might speak English?), but unfortunately they were closed. I'll see if I can contact them again. It's the only way I can think of getting this issue addressed.

In the meantime, is there an issue with your television that you believe requires a firmware update to make it work properly?

--HDTech

Collapse -
again
by KillermenBE / July 10, 2009 7:40 PM PDT

The update adds youtube, right?

Collapse -
Firmware Issue
by BertNL / August 13, 2009 9:28 PM PDT

Hi HDTech,

I am experiencing the same problem on a UE40b8000 xp model (I am from The Netherlands). I would like to upgrade the firmware to see if it will fix the following problem:

Playing AVI files from a USB stick or NAS device (DNLA) with subtitles (.srt files) results in the subtitles visible all the time. The lines refresh when a new line appears but long passages with no dialog still show the title for the previous dialog. This is very anoying.

I tried calling the Dutch support centre about this problem and the frimaware upgrade problem but unfortunately they are incapable of pointing me in the right direction.

All thoughts are welcome.

Regards,
Bert

Collapse -
Firmware Issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 14, 2009 8:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Firmware Issue

BertNL,

I can only address the issues in the U.S. region, I'm sorry, but I can't offer anything that the Dutch Support Center can't. The .srt files can be removed, but I don't know any other way around it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Workaround for displaying subtitles correctly
by JojoLaFrite / September 28, 2009 9:45 PM PDT
In reply to: Firmware Issue

I had the same problem and I created a page with a tool to workaround this subtitle bug.

You can find it here : http://popostash.appspot.com

Collapse -
H Drive
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 10, 2009 6:53 AM PDT

And BTW, if you unzipped directly into the H: Drive, and that's what appeared, then you did it correctly.

Just wanted to quickly clarify that.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Firmware problem
by rfe.nld / July 11, 2009 4:32 AM PDT
In reply to: H Drive

I think that the problem with the b7000,b8000 firmware is that they make nu difrence on the dutch and belgium site between the production types of this series. there are the b7000, b8000 type with xw and xp
so ue40b8000xw or ue40b8000xp on the global site they have a diffrent firmware you for the xw type there is a new firmware for the xp type not.

Richard form the netherlands

Collapse -
Youtube
by rfe.nld / July 11, 2009 4:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Firmware problem

From this morning i have the new youtube widget. It has nothig to do with my firmware.
It works great Good job on that samsung.
Maby the people from samsung can make it posible to log in on youtube with your Youtube acount so you can play your play lists.

But the youube widget is working geat for me i realy love it

Richard form the netherlands

Collapse -
Try this
by engelsb / September 25, 2009 8:56 PM PDT

Hey,
I had the same problem that I couldn't find the right firmware for my model. As I live in The Netherlands I would check on the locale Samsung site for the firmware, nothing there for the XP version of the 8000 LED series.

When you go the Worldwide downloadcenter you can find a newer version. I've just downloaded and installed it on my tv and it works great. You can download the firmware here: http://www.samsung.com/nl/support/download/supportDown.do?group=&type=&subtype=&model_nm=UE40B8000XP&disp_nm=UE40B8000XP&language=&dType=G&mType=FM&vType=

For the XP version the file T-CHUCIPDEUC is required not the version mentioned at the first post.

Good luck to you all.

Cheers,
Bart

Collapse -
Re: Firmware Updating
by leswww / September 25, 2009 10:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Try this

If anyone gets and engineers call to correct this I would be interested in hearing what happened, if they fixed it on the spot or had to take it away. I've only had my tv for a week and it's a good one with a Samsung panel and very little backlight bleed. So, I would hate to have to let it go and get a replacement that I could update but that had a lousy display.

Les

Collapse -
Samsung firmware upgrade
by JardaO / August 25, 2013 6:33 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Firmware Updating

Might help, I was updating the firmware on my UE40C5000 (bought and used in Czech republic). At the support line in CZ there was no help at all. Then in the support line for UK the person was kind but didnt help either. Servis point in CZ advised me to use not the newest firmware version, but load all of the versions available (2versions) on the samsung web site to the USB and the TV will use what it needs. There for dont try to load the latest try all of available versions.
Used 2GB USB - formated FAT32. File from the Samsung.com downloaded to PC then extracting to the USB.

Collapse -
Bring out your dead
by Highland_Logan / August 25, 2013 7:30 PM PDT

JardaO, you know this thread is from 2009, right?

Frank

Collapse -
Firmware Update
by mikel96413 / November 13, 2009 8:46 PM PST

I downloaded the zip file to my USB and had the same problem when i first tried to install the firmware update.

Try this...Douwnload the firmware update to your usb and after it is complete you need to unzip it which will give you a folder that contains the update.

Once you have unziped it you can connect the ucb to your tv and it should run the update n problem.

this is what I did and it updated the firmware with no problems.

Hope this helps

Collapse -
Ignore Samsung Manual.
by motorole / March 13, 2011 8:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Firmware Update

On series 7 Samsung specifies that u should insert USB stick while TV is off.

This didn't work.

Insert Flash drive while the TV is on, and it will detect, and ask you whether you want to update or not.

Collapse -
Use another USB stick
by louisverhagen / March 14, 2011 6:18 PM PDT

I have had the same problem.

In the end it were the USB sticks that couldn't be read for the !!upgrade!! They could be read for other purposes purposes on the TV. Apparently the upgrade uses a different usb driver ??????

Anyway it worked with a 4GB usb stick (nameless) in the end and not with 3 other usb sticks (of max 1 GB)

Louis

Collapse -
What format is your USB stick? Is it FAT or FAT32?
by boterea / December 30, 2011 4:12 AM PST
In reply to: Use another USB stick

It does make a difference. And try downloading to your desktop. The execute the file it will then ask where you want the files to be extracted to. Answer: Your USB Stick location.
Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.