Samsung forum

Question

Firmware for HT-C9950W?

by frodogrey / October 26, 2012 3:10 PM PDT

I have problems playing new release titles of 3D blu-ray disc on my HT-C9950W (Avengers, MIB 3, John Carter ....)
Noticed a new firmware released on 19 Dec 2012, version HTB-C9950WWB-1010.2.
Have downloaded the upgrade over the internet fine. But after that it failed to upgrade! Tried upgrading using a USB flash drive instead. Failed also. The message reads"Error detected in upgrade data"
Can someone look into and fix it PLEASE?
Thank you.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Firmware for HT-C9950W?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Firmware for HT-C9950W?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
same thing happening
by MrMonkeyPants / October 28, 2012 10:23 PM PDT

I am having the same thing happen to my system. I wonder if it is affecting a large number of people? For what was supposed to be the flagship HT system from Samsung we seem to have been left out to dry with it in regards to support for apps and updates.

Collapse -
Re: same thing happening
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 29, 2012 12:28 AM PDT
In reply to: same thing happening

Hi MrMonkeyPants & frodogrey,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. Have you tried upgrading over your wireless network yet?

HD Tech

Collapse -
firmware for ht-c9950w
by frodogrey / October 29, 2012 1:07 AM PDT

Yes i have but failed to upgrade. message read" error detected in upgrade date" the version i downloaded was 1010.2

Collapse -
Re: firmware for ht-c9950w
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 31, 2012 3:59 AM PDT
In reply to: firmware for ht-c9950w
Collapse -
Reset.. still failed to upgrade!
by frodogrey / October 31, 2012 8:06 PM PDT

Hi
Have reset system as suggested. Still message "failed to upgrade"! Any other ideas besides fixing error in upgrade data?

Collapse -
Re: Reset.. still failed to upgrade!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 1, 2012 12:24 AM PDT

Hi frodogrey,

What country are you in? I ask because this thread is the first report I've heard of this firmware not upgrading properly, and another guy in this thread is from Australia.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Sorry... am in Malaysia
by frodogrey / November 1, 2012 2:47 PM PDT

Hi

I am actually in Malaysia. Sorry for not informing you earlier and please please don't ask me to contact my own country support. Have tried calling them and explaining my problem with the firmware upgrade. They have no idea what i am talking about and kept insisting that i send the whole system in checking! There is nothing wrong with the system, it can play other 3D blu-ray disc but why not others like Avengers, MIB 3 or John Carter? Please try to help, i am really frustrated over here.
Thanks

Collapse -
Re: Sorry... am in Malaysia
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 2, 2012 12:16 AM PDT

Well, the problem is that we've done everything we can do as far as normal troubleshooting goes:

- Firmware by Internet: failed
- Firmware by USB: failed
- Factory reset and then firmware update again: failed

So it's a problem with you're unit, or there's somehow the file stored in the website and the file being sent to your machine are both corrupted. (Very unlikely as they are typically two different servers.)

Now I'm going to suggest something unusual, and I'm not sure what the results of it will be. I could fix it; it could break your machine; or it could do nothing. I'm not sure at all honestly. But if you want to try it, apply the US firmware update: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/HT-C9950W/XAA

HD Tech

Collapse -
Did not work either
by frodogrey / November 4, 2012 5:00 PM PST

Thanks for all your help and i really appreciate it.
Unfortunately for me the US firmware did not work for my unit either.
So I am back to square 1.
Thanks all the same

Collapse -
Upgrade failed
by Carlosmx30 / October 30, 2012 10:52 AM PDT

Hi , im also having problem with this new update, it downloads over the Internet , but when it's about to start installing it , it says "update error" , would it be a new update ? Does this update corrects the sound cropping ? It's annoying Sad , in a nearly 2000 usd HT

Collapse -
Re: Upgrade failed
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 31, 2012 4:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Upgrade failed
Collapse -
yes, used wifi
by MrMonkeyPants / October 30, 2012 3:18 PM PDT

I have tried only via my wifi connection. I cannot find the file to download anywhere to try otherwise.

I have a Australian system to further clarify my problem. These seem to have been given away with the series 9 television

Collapse -
re: yes, used wifi
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 31, 2012 4:05 AM PDT
In reply to: yes, used wifi

Hi MrMonkeyPants,

Thanks for that clarification about your country. You may want to try my factory reset suggestion as well: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00001316&fm_seq=1484

But just so you know, I support US products and customers. So while some of my suggestion may generally help you out, for official Samsung support for your country, here's the Samsung Australia portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/HT-C9950W/XSA

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
worked!
by MrMonkeyPants / November 1, 2012 7:13 AM PDT
In reply to: re: yes, used wifi

Thanks for the help. Resetting it to default didn't fix anything but I managed to update it by putting the update onto USB.

Collapse -
FIXED....Upgrade error HTB-C9950WWB-1010.2
by Dugby / November 17, 2012 1:39 PM PST
In reply to: worked!

I'm in Australia and also have many days of failed firmware upgrades by internet to HTB-C9950WWB-1010.2

Finally, I downloaded the zip package of the FW upgrade from the Australian Samsung site
http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/HT-C9950W/XSA-downloads

Then uzipped the FW to a USB drive.
Inserted the USB drive into the back of the C9950 console.
Next time the Automatic FW upgrade notification came on the screen and selected "OK" it found the new FW on the USB key and has now successfully installed HTB-C9950WWB-1010.2

Clearly the Internet method has an error.

Try the USB installation method, I'm happy that this now works.

Collapse -
Works
by Phox92 / November 29, 2012 8:40 PM PST

I had the same problem and making the manual upgrade, works!!!

Just need to make the download of the Firmware in your current country. The actualization (the upgrade from 1007.2 to 1010.2) came in a ZIP. You just need to unzip and copy-paste on a flash-drive.

Than you just need to plug into the USB port, behind the reader and follow the instruction that will apear on the TV.

Samsung HT-C9950w (it's a 3D Blu-ray 7.1 Home Theater).

Collapse -
same error
by jotavip / January 17, 2013 12:53 PM PST
In reply to: Works

Hi!

I am having the same error in my HT-C9950. I am in Brazil, and cannot upgrade from internet, neither from USB.

I downloaded the firmware from Samsung Brazil site, extracted it from the zip, and copied in the root of a pen drive. I put in the port that is next to the wi fi card, and nothing happens. The pen drive led flashes, but it don't detect the new firmware.

I tried with another two pen drives, and same problem.

How can I solve this?

Thanks

Collapse -
Answer
Same error
by jotavip / January 17, 2013 12:52 PM PST

Hi!

I am having the same error in my HT-C9950. I am in Brazil, and cannot upgrade from internet, neither from USB.

I downloaded the firmware from Samsung Brazil site, extracted it from the zip, and copied in the root of a pen drive. I put in the port that is next to the wi fi card, and nothing happens. The pen drive led flashes, but it don't detect the new firmware.

I tried with another two pen drives, and same problem.

How can I solve this?

Thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.