1. First be sure to set Firefox as your default browser if it is not already.
2. In your Firefox browser: Select Tools > Options > Applications
3. Scroll down until you see "cbsitt" in the left hand column. Go ahead and click on cbsitt to highlight it.
4. In the right hand column drop down menu, choose "Use TechTracker (default)" if available.
5. If the "Use TechTracker (default)" option was available, you should now be able to download correctly and you can skip the rest of these instructions.
If the above option is not there, however, you will need to continue as follows:
6. Enable hidden folders. To do so, open My Computer or any Explorer window: Select Tools -> Folder Options -> Select the View tab -> In the Advanced Settings box, scroll down until you see "Hidden files and folders" -> Choose the "Show hidden files and folders" option -> Click OK.
7. Going back to where you were in Step 4 in the Firefox browser (Drop down menu), you can now choose "Use other..." then select "Browse..." in the next window.
8. You will now want to navigate to the following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker
Please note that "(your username)" will be your windows login name.
9. Click on the "TechTracker" file then click "Open." "Use TechTracker" should now appear in the box next to cbsitt. You can click "OK" to close the window.
10. You may now return to Step 4 and select the "Hide hidden files and folders" option if you wish to keep those folders hidden. Otherwise, restart your Firefox browser and attempt to use TechTracker. The issue should be resolved.
If this does not work, however, please let us know by submitting a support ticket so we may troubleshoot further. To submit a support ticket:
1. Go to http://cnet.custhelp.com
2. Click on the "E-mail Support" tab.
3. Enter the e-mail address associated with your CNET TechTracker account.
4. Fill in the "Subject" and "Details" section with a description of your query or issue.
5. From the "Category" drop-down menu, choose the "CNET TechTracker" option.
6. Click the "Continue..." button.
7. Be sure to click the "Finish Submitting Question" button if none of the suggested links in the pop-up window help resolve your issue.
CNET TechTracker Support
Whenever I click on TechTracker to update a software, It takes me to CNET Download webpage. I login in and click on Download, Instantly, Firefox starts opening infinite amount of tabs which pretty much freezes Firefox. The tabs do not STOP. It just keeps opening tab after tab until I force Firefox close through Windows Task Manager. When I log off from CNET Download webpage and click on CNET.com and then click on Download section, The files downloads normally without a hitch. Which tells me, That TechTracker is causing some sort of incompatibility with Firefox.