Mac OS forum

Question

FIREFOX 7.0.1

by pointer165-2009 / October 3, 2011 11:04 AM PDT

I just got a new iMac, with all the new "whistles etc"..but I like to keep things very simple on my computer.I have been an Apple user for about 3 decades.I get almost everything from one browser and that's Firefox 7.0.1, all my mail , all my browsing..keep it simple and the chances of loosing stuff is less..BUT when I come on CNET everything(the letters etc) are all out of place and making it smaller or bigger does not solve this problem. I know it's just one box I have to check off in Firefox and that is my question.
Thanks,
Tony(NYC)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: FIREFOX 7.0.1
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: FIREFOX 7.0.1
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) What does it look like in Safari?
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / October 3, 2011 9:53 PM PDT
In reply to: FIREFOX 7.0.1
Collapse -
Hi
by pointer165-2009 / October 4, 2011 3:07 AM PDT

Didn't Try!..lIke I said ,I like to keep everything orgainized...if I have to use that browser, then everything gets switched to that browser..let me try to give you an answer..BTW: it only happens with CNET.com

LOOKS PERFECT in Safari!...so I guess I will switch off to Firefox and have that as my default..Thanks so much for taking the time, I appreciate it!

Tony(NYC)

Collapse -
glad to help,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / October 4, 2011 6:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Hi

You may find that there are some sites that do not render well in Safari, that's when you go to your backup, Firefox, for that site.

P

Collapse -
It's like in the Lord of the Rings:
by macnerd10 / October 4, 2011 7:33 AM PDT
In reply to: glad to help,

I am still in quest for an ideal browser that would do what I want. It used to be iCab but Lion dealt it a blow, still to be recovered. Firefox seems to be fine with a vast majority of sites. But it cannot save pages as pdf; print option is not that good...

Collapse -
NO Problem
by pointer165-2009 / October 4, 2011 2:04 PM PDT

I have Lion and print from Firefox with no problem.. ..never heard of iCab! I use PDF pages for manuels to like my new blu ray player and it downloaded the PDF and then I open..I never open a PDF in a browser

Collapse -
I look up a lot of science papers in the browser
by macnerd10 / October 4, 2011 5:58 PM PDT
In reply to: NO Problem

Cannot download them all, would be a serious clutter on the desktop or downloads folder ))). iCab was wonderful before Lion; hope the developer will tweak it soon.

Collapse -
cleaner looking
by pointer165-2009 / October 4, 2011 2:00 PM PDT

The page looks clean and the letters are not overlapping each other..in Firefox it was a mess but so far, just the CNET page and I like seeing what's going on

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Hi
by pointer165-2009 / October 4, 2011 8:13 AM PDT
In reply to: FIREFOX 7.0.1

This site CNET.COM ,is really the only site that was unreadable for me in Firefox. I guess they had Apple people design their site

I decided I am not going to switch everything over and use Safari when I need to...but with this LION, I know I am missing allot..I just want to keep it as simple as possible

Thanks everyone!
Tony(NYC)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.