TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Finalizing a DVD

by dgwwbs / March 30, 2010 12:08 AM PDT

I have made a dvd on my lg stand alone DVD VHS burner, but took it out, and to put another in for recording more. tried to put it in to see if there was more room, but it wont recognize it. I thought it needs to be Finalized. Is there a program that i can buy to extract or finalize this , i need whats is on there. PLEASE HELP ME.

Dustin, Melbourne,Fl.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Finalizing a DVD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Finalizing a DVD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
no, that's not how it normally done.
by ahtoi / March 31, 2010 3:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Finalizing a DVD

Something isn't right here. You should have been able to play this disc with no problem (on the recorder), finalized or not.

Collapse -
Finalizing a DVD
by dgwwbs / March 31, 2010 4:35 AM PDT

I took it out before finalizing, would that be something? It might be really full, could that be a problem.

I downloaded ISOBUSTER , i can see the files but how to i reburn them onto another disk, I run into a problem with the ISOBUSTER, is there any other programs out there that can do this?

Collapse -
Now you are in a different situation.
by ahtoi / March 31, 2010 7:49 AM PDT

With isobuster, you put those files on you computer and make a dvd from there. I have never use isobuster and can't tell you how right now. Maybe later .. someone else will charm in.

Collapse -
My first disc try with isobuster came up with error, but..
by ahtoi / April 1, 2010 1:48 AM PDT

the second was ok. I was able to put it on the harddrive. Are you able to burn dvd on your computer? If not, then I don't know what to tell you (or find someone that can do that for you). What happen to the original anyway? You try again, what happen?

Collapse -
My first disc try with isobuster came up with error, but..
by taboma / April 21, 2010 10:10 AM PDT

ahtoi,
Dustin, Melbourne,Fl. had problems with his finalizing with a disk.
In reality it is called initializing and he has to leave the disk in until the disk has been initialized.
I have an external Lacie CD/DVD burner utilizing TOAST software.
Maybe Dustin's internal hardware is toast! :

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.