Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

f-secure HOW GOOD IS IT?

by Ali5152 / October 18, 2006 2:51 AM PDT

My cable ISP (CHARTER) comes with f-secure. I use NOTHING ELSE.
Am I secure?
Thanks for any and all responses.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: f-secure HOW GOOD IS IT?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: f-secure HOW GOOD IS IT?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You May Find An Answer...
by Larry38 / October 18, 2006 3:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
THANK YOU!!!
by Ali5152 / October 18, 2006 11:12 AM PDT

To Larry38 and Grig Thomas:
Thank you for your time, efforts and words. They are a big help.
cpmdave

Collapse -
Which F-Secure Program Are You Using??
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 18, 2006 3:51 AM PDT
http://www.f-secure.com/home_user/antivirus.html

They have an Internet Security package program which includes a number of separate security parts. Or are you using only the antivirus?

You asked: "Am I Secure?"

As mentioned on these forums before, there is no "magic bullet" that will prevent all types of malware from causing problems on your computer.. It takes a combination of tools, including knowledge and common sense to prevent malware issues. No matter what program you have installed, don't open strange e-mail, don't use P2P programs, don't visit dubious websites, etc..

Most advise using at least an antivirus, a firewall, and one or more antspyware programs for maintaining a secure computer.. There other items such as SPAM blockers, pop-up blockers, etc. which may also help.

If your F-Secure program doesn't include a number of the basic tools above, then you may need add a few things.

Hope this helps.

Grif
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.