Tablets forum

General discussion

Ez Share card and Android

by Robert__S / December 10, 2012 6:09 PM PST

I've just been reading about the EZ Share card. Does this work with the Android stock browser (or Firefox)? I have had trouble downloading files on the Android browser in the past. I have Honeycomb on my tablet with no definite prospect of an upgrade so I can't install Chrome. There doesn't seem to be an Android app for this and their website says it is compatible with "Safari\ IE\Opera\Chrome\UC"

Please don't bother answering this question unless you actually have tried to do this Wink

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ez Share card and Android
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ez Share card and Android
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'll bother anyway.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2012 12:18 AM PST

I have a few Android tablets and I have an Eye-Fi card so I can tell you that it does work as the pictures get sent up to the host. But a google of an EZ Share card finds a few things so I can't tell if it's the same.

Why did you post in the camera forum? Also, since there are a few EZ Share things out there, you may want to be clear about which one you are asking about.

-> My office is porting Android apps. Maybe I can answer?

Collapse -
(NT) PS. Moved to Tablet forum by admin. (not me!)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2012 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: I'll bother anyway.
Collapse -
Ez Share card and Android
by Robert__S / December 12, 2012 3:54 AM PST
In reply to: I'll bother anyway.

I want to be able to download photos directly to my tablet as I might be in areas where there is no 3G or wifi acesss. It also looked good because it can be turned on an off using a switch on the device. This device seems to communitcate with your PC/tablet by a web interface which might not work on an Android tablet.

If nobody out there is using an Ez Share are there any other devices which have these features?

Collapse -
Links please.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 12, 2012 4:13 AM PST

Because of the office porting android apps I have access to a lot of things. I'm working on something using the Eye-Fi SD card but never see any issue with transfer to a tablet because the one I use the most has a SD and a Micro-SD card slot.

I am encountering folk that are, for reasons I can't fathom trying to use a tablet in place of a netbook or laptop. They usually come away bruised, upset and often lash out at folk that discuss it.

As I can't guess what card you are writing about, a link could clear that up.

HOWEVER!!! If the maker or sellers won't talk to your needs, why are you buying this and the tablet? That is, if they don't answer, why buy their stuff?

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 3, 2013 11:08 PM PST

EyeFi's new direct mode works fine. I see EzShare responses by Trevor below.

Collapse -
EZ Share works with stock Android browser
by Trevor_G / February 3, 2013 7:49 PM PST

For all those interested in EZ Share it will eventually work!

Go to the website and download the Android app by clicking the link on the home page. The link on the Android app page does not work - it is a JPEG only. Use the link on the home page.

EZShare card in the camera (make sure you switch it on first) and turn on the camera.

Shoot at least one image so you have something to share/download.

Set up the wireless network on the tablet via the settings page and connect.

Type ez share in the browser and it will connect to the camera and display the images on the card. Each time you click on a new browser tab while it is connected to the camera it will open an ez share window and download the images (well, actually just a preview of them) again.

Hope that helps - I was ready to send it back when it finally worked!

Collapse -
Getting EZ Share to work
by Trevor_G / February 3, 2013 8:12 PM PST

It also appears to be important (essential?) that when you attempt to connect to the wirless card that you type ez share in the browser, i.e. with a space between ez and share.

It also works well in Windows.

The download is quick and you can then open the image in software to edit or even just to view the histogram - my need, since I am using Fuji cameras, and Fuji don't seem to have heard of RGB histograms!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.