Samsung forum

General discussion

External sound on Samsung LED UE46B7070

by morten_bruhn / January 17, 2010 9:43 PM PST

Hi guys,

I have the old Linn Movie system, that has no digital input for sound. For this reason i need to use the analog sound input, if i want to transfer sound from my Samsung LED to my Linn receiver.

But I think I have tried almost everything, without any luck.

I have 3 digital devices, all with HDMI (set-top box, Apple TV, PS3) in my TV. But the sound will only play using the internal speakers.

I have tried setting speakers to external, but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: External sound on Samsung LED UE46B7070
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: External sound on Samsung LED UE46B7070
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No analog output from UE46B7070
by ponca707 / February 7, 2010 3:44 AM PST

Hi,

I also have a samsung UE46B7070 and AFAIK there is no analog audio output from it. You need a reciever with S/PDIF input or get a separate D/A converter to make it work with you Linn Movie system.

Collapse -
Audio output
by jw650 / February 7, 2010 5:19 PM PST

The lack of connectors seems to be a compromise with the slim design. I believe there isn't room for a SCART socket and it comes with its own adaptor. However, that socket usually includes an audio output, so check the user guide.

You would need another (inexpensive) adaptor to convert from SCART to RCA - these are sometimes switchable e.g.
http://www.cables2u.co.uk/switched-scart-adaptor-svhs-gold-plated-p-62.html
or else have all 6 connectors for both input and output.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.