Samsung

General discussion

Export channel list - channel list editor

by cyberjm / May 20, 2010 7:06 PM PDT

Good morning,
I have a samsung UE40C8700, connected to sat.
I have exported the channel list, and I am wondering if anyone new a channel list editor for the .scm file generated by the TV ?
Best reg
CyberJM
(From France)

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Export channel list - channel list editor
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Export channel list - channel list editor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Export channel list - channel list editor
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 21, 2010 10:09 AM PDT

cyberjm,

I don't believe there is a way to do that. The channels that are programmed in the search cannot be added to without doing another search from within the TV.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung - 46" UE46C6500UP
by maxmagnus1 / August 29, 2010 6:45 AM PDT

Dear Samsung_HD_Tech,

I read carefully this thread since today after having tried to sort channels according to my own crieria I gave up since it is a boring and time-wasting procedure: for each change 10 button presses... Enough!
Then I came across to the "Channel List Transfer" feature (page 15 user manual BN68-02694H-00). So I thought that maybe if it is possible to export a file containing the channel list and it is also possible to import it, there must be some channel list editor for easing the boring and time-wasting operation above mention.
So here I am in this thread. I read all of it, I read about Samy GO I read the post of member CommandOXT but I did not find any help at all from Samsung.

So here are my question:
1)is there a shorter/faster way to sort channels?
2)what's the use of having the possibility to export and import channel list? Just a back up...?

Rgds
Massimo (Italy)

Collapse -
SamyGo - samsung channel editor
by cyberjm / May 21, 2010 10:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Channel Editor

Hi,

Thanks a lot. this looks very promissing, unfortunatly I am under win XP and I do not know how to compile/install this under windows OS...

Also, from C series, I get a unique .scm file, not a bunch of files as described by samygo

Anyone from Samsung could help ?
'cmon guys ;-))

Best regards

CyberJM

Collapse -
Channel Editor
by jw650 / May 23, 2010 3:40 AM PDT

Samsung don't provide support for this. That's why SamyGO was created!
There's a version of the Editor for XP. It's just a Java file that will run if you have a Java VM installed. You may need to install a library as well.
Post a copy of your file to the forum:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/samygo/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158
Someone can run it to see if it's compatible.

Collapse -
opening scm channel list with samyGo
by cyberjm / May 24, 2010 10:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Channel Editor

Good afternoon,
Thanks a lot for the link. I am bringing this discussion to the other forum, and when I have a working solution, I'll post it here.
Thanks again for your help
CyberJM

Collapse -
Managing Samsung channel lists
by cyberjm / May 24, 2010 11:09 PM PDT

Good afternoon (again:-)
It seems to be working fine. I have not tested the re-import feature, but at least I can now edit my sat channel list.

here is what I did

1 - download http://www.polskafan.de/wp-content/uploads/samygochanedit/0.42/SamyGO-ChanEdit-win32-x86.zip
2 - export to usb your channel list
3 - extract the channel lists from the scm file generated by 2 with winRAR.
4 - open the wanted file (map-SateD, map-CableA, etc) from the scm archive with SamyGoChanEd, and this is it !

Thank you so much. Now I have to play with this and re-import my channel list.

This is Great !!!

Have a wonderful day

CyberJM

Collapse -
Samsung channel file scm editor - SamYGo
by cyberjm / May 25, 2010 5:03 AM PDT

Good evening,
I did a re-import : all OK. it works great.
SamyGoChanEd0version 0.42 works fine with Samsung C8700 series !
Thanks again!
CyberJM

Collapse -
Samsung channel file scm editor - SamYGo
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 25, 2010 7:57 AM PDT

Forum Members,

I can't agree with referring people to SamyGo posts on this site.

From the Forum Mod's own "disclaimer":

Before you attempt any changes on your TV, please consider that:

- all information provided in this forum and WIKI is for informational purposes only and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
- even the smallest mistake is likely to turn your shiny device into a useless but expensive BRICK
- modifying the Firmware on your device will definitely VOID YOUR WARRANTY
- you accept that you do everything at YOUR OWN RISK

(HDTech: The emphasis and capitalization is theirs, verbatim.)

None of the admins, moderators nor the authors of articles take responsibility for possible damages on your devices!

If SamyGo's stance includes looking the other way concerning responsibility for television set repairs or "bricks" if or when they happen, then I'm going to agree that people shouldn't go there for anything other than informational purposes.

You certainly have the freedom to support who you like, and I'm not asking you to stop. I'm a fan of freedom of speech, and I'm a fan of people getting the most out of their technology.

However, I'll be posting their disclaimer when I see SamyGo mentioned moving forward. While SamyGo has no responsibility to fix a broken television, we do have a degree of responsibility to our customers that comes out of pocket when unauthorized patches cause unnecessary expenses while we attempt to satisfy those who committed the sin of ignoring warnings. Or worse, hurting the Samsung brand by rightfully denying a botched patch installation repair, only to be accused of "we don't care about our customers" when Samsung stands behind the decision to not cover the repair caused by an unauthorized hack that even the authors and/or hosts of the hack warned people about.

Not to stifle anyone's good time, but so that we're clear that if things go wrong, you're agreeing that you knowingly took the risk.

--HDTech

Collapse -
scm channel editor for samsung
by cyberjm / May 25, 2010 5:10 PM PDT

Good morning,
I agree with most of what you are saying when it comes to "hacking" or "flashing" the TV. I would not do anything that would "harm" my new toy Happy
But regarding this feature of updating the channels: this model (C8700) as an export channel to usb option, an import option, and this is not in an hidden menu, but it is a given feature.

I called Samsung France support line to get some help regarding different topics, and all I got was "the product is brand new, we don't know it", or I even got false information (regarding CI+ and DVB-S with French channels).

Now on the other hand I discovered this channel editor which does not do anything to the TV, and allows me to order the channel in an effective and harmless way: what do you think I'm gonna do?

It is most unfortunate, but people from SamYGo seem to know more about Samsung devices than people from Samsung...
That is not good for the user acceptance.

Kindest regards
CyberJM

Collapse -
Other forum
by jw650 / May 25, 2010 7:28 PM PDT

It's quite wrong (and possibly fradulent) for anyone to claim warranty repairs after hacking a TV carelessly. However, I think that's very rare. It's probably much more common for this to happen after Service Menu hacks, which are far more dangerous, or even after upgrading the wrong version of official firmware, as I've noted from quite a few posts here.

While I can sympathise with your PoV, I feel the site has contributed in its own way to the success of the brand. Much of the work it has done has greatly improved the products' capability, as well as enhancing the users' experience. The site wouldn't have existed at all if company staff had acted on users' complaints/suggestions and fixed the bugs themselves.

Generally, I agree members here should not post quotations from the site without caveats, though in this case, the software concerned is harmless. I aim to provide only links to ensure readers get the full information.

As to the OP's problem, which has now been fixed thanks to a Samsung enthusiast on the site, I wonder why Samsung do not provide a better channel editor. It seems to be a standard feature on satellite STBs (maybe even on Samsung's own, if it produces them). Perhaps you could pass that on as a suggestion (for D-series!)

Collapse -
Other forum
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 26, 2010 2:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Other forum

jw650,

I'll be happy to do that.

I have no idea on ratio of service menu/hack failures, except that when they happen, it's a mess, and the usually happen to people who think they're more tech savvy than they are. Even I, HDTech, have "chosen poorly", to quote an Indiana Jones movie, and with similar instantly-turning-to-dust results for choosing the wrong option.

Maybe it's just me, but I observe a lot more people going into the service menu on European sets than U.S. sets, and I've never been able to figure out why.

FWIW, I also advise against going there too, and post that when I see people suggesting "go into the service menu".

Just tryin' to look out for our peeps. Happy Ultimately, it's your set, and you can do whatever you want to it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
European Service Menu tweaks
by jw650 / May 26, 2010 6:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Other forum

I think some European sets have features disabled in comparison with the US equivalents, and users are tempted to "upgrade"/"restore features they think they should have had". There are more users (especially in Asia) frustrated at lack of Internet@TV support who want to change region settings.

Collapse -
by cyberjm / May 26, 2010 6:04 PM PDT

Hi,
And also, from my French experience with Samsung Support: the support level of expertise and answers is so poor that you are tempted to look elsewhere to get better answers. That is the open door to such attempts.
Best reg,
CyberJM

Collapse -
Channel Editor
by CommandOXT / June 2, 2010 6:42 AM PDT

Hi.

I recently bought a new UE40C6000 LED TV, and I'm going to get nuts with TV's channel editor. I have digital cable with 125 channels. And as far I'm aware of is it impossible to put channel "115" between channel "1" and "2".
If you want to rearrange all the channels with current options available it will take hours. But than channel provider adds one new channel and here we go again.

Anyone on Samsung ?

Thank you in advance,
Mitja

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 2, 2010 10:02 AM PDT

cyberjm,

This functionality is not available to the best of my knowledge.

--HDTech

Collapse -
ChannelListPCEditor - chlpced-0.72-release

Hello!

Quick question from me: the "ChannelListPCEditor" official software from Samsung?
In recent days, I always get this error message:
channel_list_UE46C7700_1001.scm: Invalid file contents (7)
If this software may be developed?
Who also provides support for the software mentioned ChannelListPCEditor?

Thank you!
Schotti
Translated with Google Translator

Collapse -
ChannelListPcEditor

Sorry!
My question has become this answer:
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?messageID=3346448 # 3346448
already done almost completely!
(I've found this post after my question)

But it would still know sometimes interesting how "official" this
Software is "by Samung" acted. Degree here in the German speaking!

THX
Schotti
translated with Google Translator

Collapse -
No channellist Canaldigitaal on Samsung3DTV
by 3DTVviewer / June 15, 2010 5:02 AM PDT

Hi

I've recently got a Samsung UE40C8700 TV and wanted to download the channellist from sateliteprovider Canal Digitaal.
TV has CI+ module, I've placed an provider certified CAMM module + smartcard in it and under Menu>Satelite>Automatic downloaded the channels.
Then I only get the free to air satelite channels and no Canal Digitaal channels (although in my SD decoder I can receive all channels, I wanted to use CI for HD quality)

Doe anyone with this kind of TV has a clue how to download all channels for satelite?

Regards

Collapse -
by cyberjm / June 15, 2010 8:32 AM PDT

Good evening,
One question and one suggestion.
Question : did you try without the cam module, just to see if you get the channel list ?
Suggestion : redo the scan, make sure you did not chose 'free to air' option when you scanned the channels ?
Best regards
CyberJM

Collapse -
CI module seems not to be working
by 3DTVviewer / June 18, 2010 1:09 AM PDT

Thanks for your suggestions Cyberjm

I've tried everything:
- TV turned off and on, start without CI module + load channels (get all the free to air channels), turn off and on again and with CI module load channels (same channellist, only free to air), same with smartcard in CImodule
- Used all settings for laoding channels (select ALL channels, automatic, manual load channels, plug&play on menu)
- Checked CI module at supplier (is OK)

It seems to me the TV does not recognize the CI module, I use the Canaal Digitaal certified CI module (see http://webshop.canaldigitaal.nl/)

Question:
- Do you now which CI module for satelite the SamsungTV accepts?
- What kind of CI module do you use?
- Maybe I also need to upgrade firmware? I now have version T-Valeuc-1011.1

Regards
Marcel

Collapse -
CI module seems not to be working
by cyberjm / June 18, 2010 10:17 PM PDT

Hi,
So it seems your CI module is not compatible with the TV or at least with the broadcast.
Did you check with Canaal Digital prior to use it ?
Here in France Canal+ has a list of compatible TV vs the possible Modules.
They do not have (yet) CAM compatible with DVB-S, only with DVB-T for instance (smartdtv).
I would suggest you to get back to you provider to get the right information.
I know new diablo cam 2 module works OK, but it is "borderline" if you see what I mean.
Regards
CyberJM

Collapse -
CI
by nlexpat / July 3, 2010 7:09 PM PDT

Hi,

I don't agree with JM. My LE32C670 works perfect with the certified CD CAM and card. All HD channels are available and work OK.

NLEXPAT

Collapse -
CI Canaldigitaal/TVV CAM
by nlexpat / July 3, 2010 6:58 PM PDT

Hi,

I've bought the LE32C670 yesterday. At first it would not see the original Canaldigitaal CAM but you have to wiggle it a bit. The CAM and card work perfect and with a manual search on the transponder for CD/TVV you will find all the channel...works perfect.

NLEXPAT

Collapse -
by lampak / September 3, 2010 1:01 AM PDT

I had problems with SamyGo so I kept googling and googled something like this: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.moneybag.de%2Fsamsung-c-serie-sendersortierung-kanalmanager-z-b-ue46c770-ue46c6820-le40c650-le40c750%2F

This program seems (and surely looks) much better than Samy. It's attributed to "2009 C Samsung Electronics" but it's not on their website. I can't find any more info about it (which is very strange) but the program version is 0.72 so I guess it may be some leaked beta version of software which is still going to be released by Samsung.

But it's just a guess. Anybody knows more?

Collapse -
Channel list PC Editor
by cyberjm / September 5, 2010 7:41 PM PDT

Good morning,

Thanks a lot for this information. This software looks "sexier" than the SamYGo software.
When you go to help->about programms, it gives "samsung Channel list editor V0.72, Copyright 2009 samsung electronics".

I see that it has interesting features like "merge". That could be a very useful option after a channel list update TV side for instance.

That's good news. What are they waiting for to officially release this ?

Thanks for sharing this

Have a nice day

CyberJM

Collapse -
Canal Digitaal channel list
by r_neerhof / January 7, 2011 7:31 PM PST

Instead of Satellite, choose 'CD TVV Telesat' (Canal Digitaal, TV Vlaanderen, Telesat).

Collapse -
no USB devices connected
by Hartung0102 / May 3, 2011 8:39 AM PDT

I would be happy if I could just export the channel list from my Samsung UE46C7705!
I have an usb hard drive and an usb flash connected. The flash I use for recording.
When I try to exported the channellist, I get a message that there are no USB devices connected!
What con be wrong?

Collapse -
USB not detected when exporting channels
by cyberjm / May 3, 2011 4:05 PM PDT

Hi,

I think you can only export on a usb flash, not a HD.
Try replacing the hard drive by a standard usb key, since the other flash drive has been formated by the tv to allow recording, and you won't be able to use it on any other device.
'Hope it works
CyberJM

Collapse -
USB not detected when exporting channels
by Hartung0102 / May 4, 2011 8:13 AM PDT

I found the problem. The flash must be formatted as FAT32.
Then I could export the channellist. The filename is "channel_list_UE46D7000_1101.scm"
But when I try to open it in SamyGo I get an error that says: "File length ikke matchmap-CableD".
Right now I do not know what to do! Confused
/Brian

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.