Phones forum

Question

Execute two apps on an iphone

by silvertiger7 / October 13, 2013 6:09 AM PDT

Why is it impossible to execute two apps at once on
iphones? As I remember Samsung S3 allows that!(You can talk on the phone and simultaneously upgrade another app) Whereas on an iPhone ,you'll be stuck with an app for it to load completely while You sit idly by not knowing what to do.

Any solution to this? Cone on, Apple! I chose you over ALL the other androod phones to be this disappointed!
(Anyone who knows how to solve this, feel free to PM me as well!)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Execute two apps on an iphone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Execute two apps on an iphone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: 2 aps on an iPhone
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 13, 2013 6:19 AM PDT

I think the best answer is that Steve Jobs didn't find it necessary. If you do, the iPhone not the best phone for you. Your choice.

Kees

Collapse -
Re: 2 aps on an iPhone
by silvertiger7 / October 14, 2013 6:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: 2 aps on an iPhone

Actually samsung only allows users to still operate on an app while TALKING on the phone. Two apps at once has still hasn't been seen yet. But I'd LOVE to know if there's any way to do this on iphone since there are such crazy numbers of third-party apps and firmware being made these days.

Collapse -
What do mean Two apps at once still not seen yet
by Incognito60 / October 19, 2013 2:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: 2 aps on an iPhone

Quote "Actually samsung only allows users to still operate on an app while TALKING on the phone. Two apps at once has still hasn't been seen yet."

On my S3 I have Multi window and can have two apps running at same time and showing on split screen.
Can also shrink a video and move it anywhere on screen while still having another app in background working and fully interactive.

I can even make a phone call and while on the phone go back to my split screen and interact with both apps.

Collapse -
Answer
Did you read how Wozniak solved this?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 14, 2013 9:44 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Reminder to all -----
by birdmantd Forum moderator / October 15, 2013 4:53 AM PDT

Enough of the "Trolling" comments as this is against forum rules. 3 posts were deleted as disruptive and any further comments like this will result in a temporary ban. Feel free to continue the discussion but keep it pertinent to the thread topic. Plain

Collapse -
Sorry
by Pepe7 / October 15, 2013 5:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Reminder to all -----

At least re-post the technical reasons in my reponse as to why the OP might not get simultaneous talk/data on his iPhone (5). That's likely the crux of the matter, since you *can* mult-itask on iPhones in this regard.

Collapse -
WHAAAT??!
by silvertiger7 / October 17, 2013 5:54 PM PDT
In reply to: Sorry

I have no idea what you're talking about(And WHO are you telling to "repost" of whatsoever that you're blathering about?????). If you DON'T think that's even possible in the first place, don't bother replying.

Collapse -
Please tone it down....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / October 17, 2013 10:07 PM PDT
In reply to: WHAAAT??!

Silvertiger7,

Please don't take offense to everyone who replies to any of your threads. Advice on this forum is free and you can chose to accept or ignore that advice. Your outbursts are disruptive and uncalled for.

I am telling you this as a moderator on this forum. Have a good day.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.