Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Exception Processing Message c0000013

by mercerik / April 14, 2007 3:50 PM PDT

I have a Windows XP Media Center 2005. I have been getting the dialogue box listed below when I try to record a program from MY TV on Media Center:

Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c.

Below the message, there are 3 buttons to choose from -> Cancel, Try Again and continue. When I click on any of these buttons another one pops-up with the same message. The only way to get rid of these is by exiting Media Center.

I would appreciate your help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Exception Processing Message c0000013
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Exception Processing Message c0000013
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
mercerik
by tomron / April 14, 2007 9:30 PM PDT

A possible worm/virus,try this LINK

Tom

Collapse -
Not A Worm/Virus
by mercerik / April 15, 2007 7:21 AM PDT
In reply to: mercerik

Hi tomron!

I don't think this is a worm or a virus because my computer is protected by Norton Internet Security 2007 which is always updated. This has something to do with Windows Security Update.

Collapse -
That makes me think it could be a pest.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2007 7:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Not A Worm/Virus

The one truth is that when we rely on one solution the pests that it doesn't protect against get in. For example I ran into this last week. "My machine is protected by..." and we scanned with Ewido's online scanner and found spyware and a trojan. They were a P2P user so the trojan was very new.

Bob

Collapse -
Security Updates are sometimes pesky but . . . . . . . . . .
by mercerik / April 15, 2007 9:23 AM PDT

Hi R. Proffitt!

The fact that the Security Updates should be working for both XP and Vista is the big issue these days. I have been fixing one problem after the other. I fixed an RTHDCPL.exe (DLL Relocation) application error a week ago and now this. It so happened that Microsoft released a fix for DLL relocation, just this April 2007, would you believe? I am still researching a solution to this problem. I found out last night that a lot of people are having the same issue. The bad thing is that Microsoft has not come up with the fix for this as of yet, hopefully soon.

Collapse -
The current sticky...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 15, 2007 9:49 AM PDT

Notes more than one DLL relocation fix.

Sorry for the typo in my post. I left out an entire word...

Try this online scanner. http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/

A micro-scanner is available for those that don't use IE.

Bob

Collapse -
c0000013
by mrslottech / April 21, 2007 6:12 PM PDT
In reply to: The current sticky...

I have tried all the suggestions on the net and none of them worked for me. I did find that the computer that I was working for a friend had an Emprex dvd burner with built in 12 in 1 card reader. When it was unplugged (12in1 card reader) I had no problems at all. plug it in and the c0000013 error came back. I did this several time to confirm and this was the problem... How many of you have some type of card reader installed in your computers?? If you can disable it or unplug it try this to see if it cures your problems.....

I hope this helps at least someone if not all...

MrSlottech

Collapse -
Now that's a great clue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 22, 2007 3:35 AM PDT
In reply to: c0000013

I'd review what motherboard driver package is installed.

Bob

Collapse -
c0000013
by mercerik / April 22, 2007 7:29 AM PDT

I had this problem a few days ago with my HP Media Center 2005 PC. I got the fix from HP Knowledge Base. What kind of computer do you have? Maybe I can help you>

MERCEDES

Collapse -
re: c0000013
by asokks00 / April 25, 2007 10:29 AM PDT

hey, i'm getting the same error and I'm running an HP, can you give me some tips or the link to the hp knowledge base?
thx

Collapse -
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c
by mercerik / April 26, 2007 4:18 AM PDT
In reply to: re: c0000013

Since I don't know what Operating System you have, I will give you the link to the Knowledge Base that enumerates the Error Messages for an HP m7260n Media Center Edition 2005 PC as well as the link for the Exception Processing Message c0000013 - Windows No DisK. This Error Message is connected to ehExtHost.exe. The resolution to this problem is to download the HP Image Zone Update.

The link to the list of Error Messages is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?rule=44994&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-39280-2&product=1141251&lang=en

The link for the Error Message information is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00575445&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-39280-2&product=1141251&rule=44994&lang=en

The link to the HP Image Zone Update is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-39280-2&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1141251&dlc=en&lang=en

There is no guarantee that this will fix the exception in your computer. Solutions to the exception differs from one computer to the other. If you have a different version XP, the best suggestion that I could give you is go to the HP.com main website, click on Support and Troubleshooting. Type in your computer model to locate the exact Error Message that you are experiencing.

Hope this information helps you fix your problem.

MERCEDES

Collapse -
exception processing message c000013
by ZIMONE / September 21, 2007 10:58 AM PDT
In reply to: re: c0000013

I have an hp Pavillion XP. After burning discs from downloading camera image files for several hours, the message came up.I tried many suggestions(which included removing QuickTime, which I didn't have) I found that the error message dissappeared after I did download QuickTime!!! You figure.

Collapse -
media centre pc725on/ problem c0000013
by Ckaboom / December 31, 2007 11:00 AM PST

how do i fix this problem/ exception processing message c0000013 parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c

Collapse -
c0000013
by Ckaboom / April 28, 2008 2:22 PM PDT

2005m hp media centre

Collapse -
c0000013
by oriongal / April 29, 2007 2:03 AM PDT

MrSlottech, it helped me. Same problem as everyone else, on a Dell Media Center PC. Stopped the built-in card reader, error went away and so far hasn't returned.

Collapse -
by carminjt / May 2, 2007 11:00 PM PDT

I am having the same problem and my machine is a no name computer constructed by a local company about 6 years ago. It does not have a media card reader. I have been getting a "Windows - No Disk" message without any exception portion to the message intermittenly for over a year. Inside the block was only blank then. This added "Exception Processing Message c00000013 ..." portion of the message started a month or two ago. What does a general "Windows - No Disk" message indicate?

Collapse -
It can mean the same as discussed above.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 2, 2007 11:11 PM PDT
Collapse -
Weird
by acecomputing / November 21, 2007 12:44 AM PST

I notice that post about the card reader, unplugged mine from the usb, tried again, and no error message. I checked it several more times. Yup, When the card reader is in, I get the error. (btw if it matters my card reader is a 6 in one bay mountable made by Hamiltone which I am currently using as external)

Collapse -
c0000013
by Pickenny / April 23, 2008 4:23 AM PDT

Our error message came after renewing our Symantec subscription. Today I was looking on this site and not finding anything in the first couple of messages, I got to thinking somewhere I must have something without a "disc" in it, and there in front of me is a card reader (12 in 1 Digital) so I just unplugged the cable from the back of the reader, and my error message disappeared. I plugged it in again and no error message yet anyway. I wondered if anyone else mentioned a card reader and I found your post.

Collapse -
no disk error c0000013
by jimgorde / July 2, 2008 5:53 PM PDT

Hey, it does work! Was on Dad's Compaq Presario running xp Professional SP2. Disabled the card reader, the error disappeared. Appears to be a bad update, or some email-based infection.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Collapse -
Disconnecting multiple-card reader
by CyberAL / April 7, 2009 5:01 PM PDT

Thank you -- Disconnecting my 12-card reader did the job!

Collapse -
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 75
by C Douglas / November 19, 2007 5:59 AM PST
In reply to: mercerik

by mercerik - 4/14/07 10:50 PM

I have a Windows XP Media Center 2005. I have been getting the dialogue box listed below when I try to record a program from MY TV on Media Center:

Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c.

Below the message, there are 3 buttons to choose from -> Cancel, Try Again and continue. When I click on any of these buttons another one pops-up with the same message. The only way to get rid of these is by exiting Media Center.

I would appreciate your help.

E-Mail: adams568@bellsouth.net

Collapse -
Filemon tool
by uncle_doz / May 10, 2007 7:50 AM PDT

I had a similar problem starting Hoyle Solitaire. The way I solved it was to start FILEMON.EXE, then startup Hoyle. When I got the error message I clicked on IGNORE three or four times to clear the pop-up ( and generating a beep each time). I then stopped FILEMON. I looked for the "Critial Stop.wav". Just before this event I noticed the software looking for a file on C:\ then D:\ ,etc. This told me that Hoyle expected the file to be on the root of C:\ and didn't look anywhere else. I moved the file to the root of C:\ and all was well. Here is the log.

935 6:46:23 PM HoyleSol.exe:204 OPEN C:\SIERRA\HSOL00\solmah.ini SUCCESS Options: Open Access: Read
936 6:46:23 PM HoyleSol.exe:204 LOCK C:\SIERRA\HSOL00\solmah.ini SUCCESS Excl: No Offset: 0 Length: -1
937 6:46:23 PM HoyleSol.exe:204 QUERY INFORMATION C:\SIERRA\HSOL00\solmah.ini SUCCESS Length: 72
938 6:46:23 PM HoyleSol.exe:204 READ C:\SIERRA\HSOL00\solmah.ini SUCCESS Offset: 0 Length: 72
939 6:46:23 PM HoyleSol.exe:204 UNLOCK C:\SIERRA\HSOL00\solmah.ini RANGE NOT LOCKED Offset: 0 Length: -1
940 6:46:23 PM HoyleSol.exe:204 CLOSE C:\SIERRA\HSOL00\solmah.ini SUCCESS
941 6:46:23 PM HoyleSol.exe:204 OPEN C:\SOLMAH.PRF NOT FOUND Options: Open Access: Read
942 6:46:23 PM HoyleSol.exe:204 OPEN D:\SOLMAH.PRF NOT FOUND Options: Open Access: Read
943 6:46:23 PM HoyleSol.exe:204 OPEN E:\SOLMAH.PRF NOT FOUND Options: Open Access: Read
944 6:46:23 PM services.exe:868 WRITE C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt SUCCESS Offset: 453480 Length: 304
945 6:46:23 PM services.exe:868 WRITE C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt SUCCESS Offset: 453784 Length: 40
946 6:46:23 PM winlogon.exe:824 QUERY INFORMATION C:\WINDOWS\media\Windows XP Critical Stop.wav SUCCESS Attributes: A
947 6:46:23 PM winlogon.exe:824 OPEN C:\WINDOWS\media\Windows XP Critical Stop.wav SUCCESS Options: Open Access: Read
948 6:46:23 PM winlogon.exe:824 QUERY INFORMATION C:\WINDOWS\media\Windows XP Critical Stop.wav SUCCESS Length: 39382
949 6:46:23 PM winlogon.exe:824 QUERY INFORMATION C:\WINDOWS\media\Windows XP Critical Stop.wav SUCCESS Attributes: A

Collapse -
Drive allocation
by dikt8 / May 12, 2007 3:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Filemon tool

This question/observation from a newbie - hope I am not wasting your time -

Stemming from Filemon tool response, is it possible that, as with myself, people getting this exception message all have their C Drive allocated to a secondary purpose eg card reader, with their main hard drive designated D>. ??

Collapse -
NOT Found Error
by ttb123 / May 12, 2007 4:37 PM PDT
In reply to: Filemon tool

One way that might fix this is to go to the command prompt(start > run > cmd in the box > ok) and set the computers path to the folder where the file is (path=(location of files) in cmd). I'm not sure if this will work but maybe you could create it as a batch file that would look like this when you go to edit it

path=(location of files)
(application path or exe)

Basically what path does is make the files available no matter what location you are at on the computer.

Collapse -
exception processing message c00013
by mdubhagain / May 24, 2007 5:57 AM PDT

i found the solution disable your floppy drive a , then log off , then turn off computer, restart, hey presto no more of the erroe showing , regards martin zipp1968

Collapse -
Exception Processing Message c00013
by stumpy68 / May 27, 2007 10:05 PM PDT

There is a fix from Microsoft, I just can't find it again. It took me forever to find it the first time, but it had something to do with an update they had out. If I can find it again I will post the link to the site from Microsoft. I am needing it again my self since a friend tried to install some stuff on my computer, and we had to re-install XP.

Collapse -
I have found a solution for this problem on my computer.
by Early4 / June 9, 2007 10:45 AM PDT

I don't have a floppy disk drive on my computer so it is disabled in the BIOS.
My A: drive is an Iomega ZIP-100 SCSI Disk Drive.
My B: drive is a Matshita LS-120 Ver5 SCSI Disk Drive. Both have removable disks. And this is where the problem narrows down to. If I don't have disks in the drives, then I get the "No Disk - Exception Processing Message." If I leave disks in the drive, I don't get error messages when I boot up.
Problem solved!

Collapse -
This may be a permanent fix
by BeckhamSquared / July 25, 2007 5:59 AM PDT

Your post helped me finally solve my problem.

XP Pro sp2 & all updates applied
Root drive E
Floppy drive A
Zip Drive C
DVD burner D

Yesterday I uninstalled Norton SystemWorks 2005 and after rebooting ran the appropriate Norton removal tool. Upon rebooting after the removal tool I got the dreaded "Windows No Disk c0000013 etc. Restored to a point before I uninstalled Norton. The error disappeared but Norton would not work & upshot is I would need to uninstall and reinstall if I wanted this restore point to function as before. Decided to uninstall and problem solve from this point. Read all post I could google including this forum. Most encounter the error after a Norton uninstall or Windows update but not all. So I started implementing variations of others' solutions. When I disabled the zip - no error msg. When I enabled the zip and put in a zip disk before booting - no error msg. Ran msconfig and disabled all startup items. Restarted and no error msg. Tested startup items and found Event Reminder's presence in the startup list was the culprit. When I disabled only Event Reminder at startup - no error with zip enabled and empty. Read how some folks were getting this error associated with card readers. When they removed the card reader their problem was solved. I didn't want to remove my zip but could change its drive letter. Next, with all enabled on my system, I changed the zip to drive D and the DVD burner to drive C. The error msg has gone away. Appears that in resetting the drive letter whatever got corrupted during the Norton removal was fixed. Whew!!! Hope this helps someone else solve the problem faster than I did.

Collapse -
This has sorted it for me!
by Improbulus / November 5, 2007 4:02 AM PST

Changing the drive letter assignments for my card reader worked, thanks! I'd tried all sorts of things before that which didn't.

So I think it would be very well worth trying that for your card reader or indeed DVD, CD, Zip drive etc - any drive with removable media really.

For those not up on changing drive letters, I've done a step by step howto with screenshots at http://www.consumingexperience.com/2007/11/windows-no-disk-exception-processing.html

Collapse -
Exception Processing Message (SD memory card reader caused)
by RichSchlerf / June 19, 2007 9:44 PM PDT

After reading the posts here I went down by the time (Win XP home) and right clicked on Safely Remove Hardware and removed my eFilm USB memory card reader (which had no memory cards in it). The problem went away.

Appearantly the OS is trying to scan the memory cards in the reader, and finding none, puts up the error message.

The OS may be scanning for ANY time of storage device (including USB Hard Drives, Flash Drives etc.)

Removing the card reader got rid of the error. Simply unplug and replug the USB cable from the Card Reader to get it back.

My PC is a Dell Dimension 4700 with Windows XP Home and NO media center software and all the latest MicroSoft updates.

Thanks c0000013

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.