Forum Announcement

Please don't panic! You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Download.com Site Feedback

General discussion

"Error submitting scan results to server." on Windows 7 x64

by icnocop / March 3, 2011 / 2:49 PM UTC

Hi.

Thank you for CNET TechTracker v2.0.1.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 and I always receive the following error after a scan and no scan results are available:

An error occurred during the scan: Error submitting scan results to server.
Please try the scan again.

I also tried running CNET TechTracker as Administrator, but I experience the same behavior.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "Error submitting scan results to server." on Windows 7 x64
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "Error submitting scan results to server." on Windows 7 x64
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
error submitting scan results

Hello icnocop,

I have converted your post into a proxy ticket in our support system so that we may better assist you; you should receive an e-mail to let you know that the ticket has been submitted, and another e-mail will alert you to our response, which you may expect within one business day.

In the future, you may submit support tickets directly through our support web site by following these steps:

1. Go to http://cnet.custhelp.com
2. Click on the "E-mail Support" tab.
3. Enter the e-mail address associated with your account.
4. From the "Category:" drop-down menu, choose the "CNET TechTracker" option, and the "TechTracker General" sub-option.
5. Fill in the subject line and the "Details:" section.
6. Click the "Submit Question" button, and please be sure to follow through to the final confirmation page!

Thanks,
Gregg
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
same OS, same error, is there a resolution?
by smith_w_d / April 17, 2011 / 1:19 PM UTC

I am also on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 sp1 and I am getting the same error with the CNet TechTracker failing when it tries to submit scan results to the server.

Is there a resolution to this yet?

Collapse -
Same here....
by njudell / April 21, 2011 / 1:33 PM UTC

It was working fine until a few days ago. Now what?
What data can I give you to help debug this?

-neil

Collapse -
Error message attempting to run TechTracker
by sytyguy / May 21, 2011 / 3:59 AM UTC

I am running Windows 7 Pro SP1.

I was running XP Pro on another machine, and it worked fine, but I cannot get it to run on Win7. I deleted the other computer from TechTracker, and now it sees no computer after it is installed. Here is the event log:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\TechTracker.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Collapse -
CNET TechTracker 2.0.4 also does not work, it fails?
by sytyguy / September 2, 2011 / 7:11 AM UTC

Here is the info from Sxstrace, I hope it helps:
=================
Begin Activation Context Generation.
Input Parameter:
Flags = 0
ProcessorArchitecture = Wow32
CultureFallBacks = en-US;en
ManifestPath = C:\Users\Richard Merlino\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\TechTracker.exe
AssemblyDirectory = C:\Users\Richard Merlino\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\
Application Config File =
-----------------
INFO: Parsing Manifest File C:\Users\Richard Merlino\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\TechTracker.exe.
INFO: Manifest Definition Identity is TechTracker,processorArchitecture="X86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0".
INFO: Reference: Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="X86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0"
INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"
INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"
INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0"
INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0"
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="X86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0".
INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture WOW64.
INFO: Resolving reference for culture en-US.
INFO: Applying Binding Policy.
INFO: No publisher policy found.
INFO: No binding policy redirect found.
INFO: Begin assembly probing.
INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0_en-US_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
INFO: Did not find manifest for culture en-US.
INFO: End assembly probing.
INFO: Resolving reference for culture en.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0_en_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
INFO: Did not find manifest for culture en.
INFO: Resolving reference for culture Neutral.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0__6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.
INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture x86.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0_en-US_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0_en_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
INFO: Auto Servicing Policy redirected assembly version.
INFO: Post policy assembly identity is Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.7601.17514".
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.
INFO: Manifest found at C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui,language="*",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.7601.17514".
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui\6.0.7601.17514_en-US_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui\6.0.7601.17514_en_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui\6.0.7601.17514_en-US_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui\6.0.7601.17514_en_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui.DLL.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762".
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\8.0.50727.762__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.DLL.
INFO: Find publisher policy at C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_516d712b0f495a45.manifest
INFO: Publisher Policy redirected assembly version.
INFO: Post policy assembly identity is Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4940".
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_d08cc06a442b34fc.manifest.
INFO: Manifest found at C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_d08cc06a442b34fc.manifest.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui,language="*",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4940".
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui\8.0.50727.4940_en-US_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui\8.0.50727.4940_en_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui\8.0.50727.4940_en-US_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui\8.0.50727.4940_en_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui.DLL.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762".
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\8.0.50727.762__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
INFO: Find publisher policy at C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.91_none_54c1279468b7b84b.manifest
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\8.0.50727.762__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Users\Richard Merlino\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Users\Richard Merlino\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Users\Richard Merlino\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Users\Richard Merlino\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762".
ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
End Activation Context Generation.

Collapse -
Same Problem
by EW14 / April 23, 2011 / 4:02 PM UTC

I have been having the same problem on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 sp1. I tried reinstalling TechTracker but it still does not work.

Collapse -
Tech tracker plus is just a dud
by rodama44 / April 23, 2011 / 4:21 PM UTC
In reply to: Same Problem

I have the same problem for months now. I am now on Windows 7 Premium sp1 and nothing works. It just says I need Plus. I have emailed customer no support and they just keep says to rescan. HEY it does not work. What am I paying for?

Collapse -
Same error for me too...
by Arsi Rantala / May 25, 2011 / 9:05 AM UTC

Getting the same error as the above posted ppl.

Using windows 7 64 bit pro.

Collapse -
Common thread?
by njudell / May 25, 2011 / 11:05 AM UTC

Is everybody reporting this problem running Win7 64-bit? Hrmmm....

Collapse -
Error when running TT under windows 7 pro 64 bit
by sytyguy / May 25, 2011 / 5:39 PM UTC
In reply to: Common thread?

It appears there are many people able to run/install TT on this system, but it also appears there are many who cannot.

I submitted a ticket and have had no response what so ever from support. Very discouraging??? It ran fine on XP Pro, plus I liked the software, and really wish I could run it on my current system and new computer.

Collapse -
RE: Error when running TT under windows 7 pro 64 bit
by CNETSupport / May 26, 2011 / 11:56 AM UTC

Hi sytyguy,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket; we are experiencing a higher than normal backlog just now, but we will respond shortly.

Regards,
Jen
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
RE: Tech tracker plus is just a dud
by CNETSupport / May 26, 2011 / 11:58 AM UTC

Hi rodama44,

We're very sorry for the difficulty you encountered. Upon further investigation, our records show that your last support ticket was inadvertently closed without being answered. Please look for an update to that ticket shortly; you should receive an e-mail to let you know when we have responded to the ticket, which will be within the hour.

Regards,
Jen
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
UPDATE - "Error submitting scan results to server."
by CNETSupport / May 26, 2011 / 12:03 PM UTC

Hello all,

We apologize for the inconvenience here, and want you to know that we are aware of this issue and are currently working to get it resolved. Shortly, we will be reaching out individually to gather more information, and hope to reach a solution soon. Thank you all very much for your patience!

Regards,
Jen
CNET TechTracker Support

Collapse -
Version 2.0.3.59 still has the same problem
by jonnydock / May 27, 2011 / 9:03 AM UTC

I also have Win7 64-bit and I am having the same error.
I noticed that a new version of TechTracker was out. I download it, but the same thing happens. At least now we know they are working on it.

Collapse -
Any new update?
by jonnydock / June 16, 2011 / 2:03 PM UTC

What is the latest? Still working on it?

Collapse -
Still not working
by njudell / July 16, 2011 / 4:29 AM UTC
In reply to: Any new update?

4 months+....

Collapse -
Not working on x64 & x86
by crj123082 / July 26, 2011 / 12:33 PM UTC
In reply to: Still not working

I have 2 computers, one with 32-bit Windows 7 and the other with 64-bit Windows 7...neither work. I submitted a support ticket and they asked what antivirus/firewalls I have installed (their response took 9 days). I disabled all and tried again, but no luck. After telling them that 3 weeks ago, I have not heard anything back.

Collapse -
Win 7 64bit - Same Issue "Error submitting scan results to s
by martywamsley / August 5, 2011 / 8:04 AM UTC

I am having the same issue here. Any resolution yet.

Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

Collapse -
No resolution and probably will not be any.
by sytyguy / August 5, 2011 / 1:04 PM UTC

After submitting support ticket in May, and finally getting a response on May 26th (see above), and they have never contacted since. So I have to assume they do not and never will have a solution to this problem.

Collapse -
Good news, everyone!
by crj123082 / August 25, 2011 / 1:59 PM UTC

They're going to offer techtracker plus features for free - so now we can have those not work too!

Collapse -
New Version (2.0.4) Still Not Fixed for x64
by jonnydock / September 6, 2011 / 6:52 AM UTC

It sill gives the same error:

"An error occurred during the scan: Error submitting scan results to server.Please try the scan again.If available, TechTracker will show the last successful scan results.If you continue to see this error please contact CNET TechTracker Support (http://cnet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/cnet.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1946) for further assistance."

Also, I do not see any of the features from the "Plus" version in the Free version yet. Maybe this means another version will be out soon????

Come on, CNET! Where is our fix for this?!?!

Collapse -
(NT) Yeah! where is the fix? Guys use Psecunia PSI instead.
by tamasha321 / September 6, 2011 / 10:15 PM UTC
Collapse -
PSI?
by joelkatz / September 16, 2011 / 7:47 PM UTC

PSI does something completely different from what TechTracker does. You can't use PSI as a substitute for TechTracker. (PSI reports on security issues, TechTracker reports on updates whether or not the older version has a security issue.)

Collapse -
Same Issue
by robbydek / October 5, 2011 / 5:58 AM UTC

Any fix yet?, it's been almost 6 months!

Collapse -
Still no solution
by Ulfius / October 18, 2011 / 11:12 AM UTC
In reply to: Same Issue

More like 7.5 months and no fix yet.

Collapse -
Still no solution
by Ulfius / December 8, 2011 / 10:03 AM UTC
In reply to: Still no solution

Now 9 months and counting...

Collapse -
so....
by fondula / December 13, 2011 / 10:14 AM UTC
In reply to: Still no solution

I have been running into this issue now myself for about a month. Tried a complete uninstall / reinstall, and no love. Now a new version is out, as of yesterday.... I got a little excited; I thought maybe this would fix things.... but NOPE. I submitted a ticket but it is obvious that doing that is like dropping something into a black hole. I used to like this software.

Collapse -
Still not working here after many months
by Out_There / December 15, 2011 / 10:15 PM UTC
In reply to: so....

This software used to work for me many months ago when I first installed it. But some time ago (can't remember exactly when anymore...it's been so long) it stopped working. It's been months now and I still get the same error trying to upload to the server.

Collapse -
Well, at least we know they have not abandoned it.
by jonnydock / December 16, 2011 / 7:10 AM UTC

I also have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and I also get the same error with the new 2.1.0 version.

I wish they would post what the problem is on their side and open it up to the forum for help on fixing it. Maybe we can collectively get it fixed faster...

Come on, CNET! What is the hold up on this fix?

Collapse -
"Smart Install" feature seems to work
by jonnydock / December 16, 2011 / 7:33 AM UTC

I just noticed that when I go to my updates list at "http://www.cnet.com/techtracker/" and I set an application to be update using "Smart Install" my browser opens the "cbsitt" file using TechTracker. Then, the application update is automatically downloaded and installed. It seems to work for all the available applications (except for TechTracker; it continually tries to update itself).

I agree with "Out_There", the problem is on their web service. It looks to be failing updating your personal list of applications that need updating.

I will keep trying things in this new version...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 45,842 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,052 discussions
icon
Tablets 1,149 discussions
icon
Security 28,606 discussions
icon
Home Audio and Video 18,995 discussions
icon