Samsung forum

General discussion

error model bind samsung smart tv

by naungsan / October 29, 2012 9:27 PM PDT

Hi everyone,
my samsumg smart tv S6200 started showing " error model bind " today. I searched the net and found it might be because of the smart hub server maintenance or its server down?
Plz help thanks.!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: error model bind samsung smart tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: error model bind samsung smart tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
ERROR_MODEL_BIND 30 October
by Jazz_Kaur11 / October 29, 2012 10:00 PM PDT

Hey

I am having the same prob today. So, did you get any update from Samsung ?

Thanks
Jazz

Collapse -
Re: ERROR_MODEL_BIND 30 October
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 30, 2012 12:16 AM PDT

Hi Jazz_Kaur11,

We do apologize for any inconvenience. Due to the inclement weather on the East Coast, the Samsung Smart Hub servers are currently down. Our engineers are diligently working to get the service restored as quickly as possible. Thank you!

HD Tech

Collapse -
Model bind error?!
by BleuLayette / March 3, 2013 3:34 AM PST

So my problem started yesterday when I was trying to access Netflix and it wouldn't login. I kept on turning my smart tv on and off thinking maybe it just had to refresh but nothing happened. Then today when I went on smart hub all my applications were gone! I kept on trying to login but a message would pop up saying "please wait a moment". It's Not my Internet provider because my laptop goes online perfectly fine. Then after a while another message comes up saying that it could not connect to the network. How can I fix this?!?!

Collapse -
error model bind samsung smart tv
by CeciMunoz72 / October 19, 2013 9:52 AM PDT

Are your servers down again today? I've been getting this error since yesterday!

Collapse -
Smart tv
by cpigford / October 19, 2013 10:23 AM PDT

I am getting the same error message...since yesterday as well. What's the deal?

Collapse -
smart hub down
by yossiwein / October 19, 2013 2:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Smart tv

I'm getting the error message error model bind, what's the problem, called optimum, they didn't know what to tell me

Collapse -
Hi Jazz
by naungsan / October 30, 2012 9:29 AM PDT

hi jazz
i got my " SMART " samsung TV back...! All back to normal agian...thanks for the lines from Samsung.! Enjoy ur smarty tv..!
Happy

Collapse -
(NT) hi how did you fix your error? pls reply
by gongloyd / October 19, 2013 10:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Hi Jazz
Collapse -
Samsung Smart tv problems
by Charlotte_15 / October 19, 2013 11:54 AM PDT

I would appear that there is a problem with Samsung and we just have to wait it out. I have the same problem and it would seem that other people who are posting are posting today. A tech from Samsung apologized in one of the posts above and it is related to this problem but at another date. Hope it comes back up soon!

Collapse -
Samsung's network design can't be as bad as it seems!!!
by CNETBigDog61 / March 3, 2013 9:14 AM PST

I've been getting the MODEL_ERROR_BIND message for more than 12 hours. The issue is with Samsung servers. The Samsung support desk says the servers are too busy. But that can't be right. This error has happened repeatedly to Samsung users over many months. Check the other forums. There has to be issues with the design of their network. Why are there critical points of failure in their network that take down the entire Smart Hub service? Ever heard of ITIL - IT Service Management? I'm re-thinking the purchase of my Samsung 65" TV (UN65ES8000).

Collapse -
CBNET Big dog 61
by BleuLayette / March 3, 2013 11:40 AM PST

I've been experiencing it since yesterday morning, it has been more than 24 hours for me! And there is no sign of it returning back to normal. I purchased my tv in September of last year and I hadn't had this problem until now. So far I still don't know if the issue is related to the Samsung network or is just my tv giving me problems.

Collapse -
Also getting the error
by A4815 / March 3, 2013 3:27 PM PST
In reply to: CBNET Big dog 61

I've had my TV 3 weeks, it's been awesome and perfect until today. I'm not so happy about this error thing though and I can't imagine they have to take their network down for 12-24 hours and inconvenience everyone in such a way. Please anyone let me know if yours returns to normal!

Collapse -
Same
by MCW83 / March 3, 2013 7:23 PM PST
In reply to: Also getting the error

I'm in the same boat as you. Problem just started. Lasted about 24hrs so far. Ive disabled my internet until they fix this.

Collapse -
ERROR_MODEL_BIND
by jan_mr / March 3, 2013 7:24 PM PST

Hi everyone,

just to make you relaxed with this on screen pop up. When it appears it means there is a problen with the SmartHub servers at the Samsung. So no steps need to be done, just wait till Samsung will fix it. I have faced the problem today and the answer fm Samsung was clear. It is definitely problem on their sites.

Collapse -
Regular Problem
by neilprivate / March 4, 2013 3:23 AM PST

I spoke with supervisor Julio at Samsung Global Canada Support about this.

I want to advise everyone to stay well clear of Samsung TVs with Smart HUB technology. Their design means that these TVs are reliant on the correct functionality of central Samsung servers to connect to their apps, including Netflix, Crackle, YouTube etc. Without their servers working, their systems don't work and your TV is useless if you use them. You can still watch connected DVD players or other third party hardware like cable boxes though, but like many people I didn't buy the TV for that, I bought it because it could be used to watch Netflix etc. I bought it because of this flawed "Smart HUB" tech. Of course, nobody mentions the problem when you buy it, it isn't listed in the manual or anywhere on the Samsung website. It's poor design, plain and simple. When a stand-alone TV in a house is completely reliant on flawed technology elsewhere... well who would buy the TV if they knew this?

Their servers breakdown or are upgraded/maintained all the time and take days to repair. I'm into my 3rd day of having a useless television sitting in the corner, this time. The error shown on the TV (ERROR MODEL BIND) leads you to believe it's with your TV and advises you to check network settings. So you spend ages running through all the settings as it appears to be a network error, checking your router repeatedly. So you check on Samsung's website and they don't list the error in their help or support areas.

I phoned their useless and patronizing tech support who know exactly what the problem is because they receive calls on it all day. Yet they STILL wanted to take me through a bunch of pointless exercises first, my guess is that they make more money from Samsung if they try more things. I asked them why ERROR_MODEL_BIND isn't on the website and was told they don't want it on the website, they want you to call the call center. They are pretending this doesn't exist to future buyers. I told him there are hundreds of people complaining on forums all over the world about this, he said they only count what is on their website. In response I said they are deliberately leaving it off their website... "I know" he said. He told me that while there are thousands of people who do complain about this problem, it's only about 2-3% of people out of millions. That's because most people use their TV with cable or satellite TV and don't rely on their broken Smart HUB technology. Everyone who does is going to suffer the same way. His attitude was, "we're working on it, deal with it".

So, there is nothing at all for the consumer to do except wait however long it takes for them to get it done. Don't waste your time with all this "change your time settings" and "do a factory reset"... this isn't a fault with your TV, it's a fault with the design of their HUB and their ongoing server maintenence problems. In the meantime it was suggested I go and do something else instead, like watch a DVD. Thanks Samsung!

On the forums around the world, I find this happens all the time to any of their TVs with "Smart HUB" technology. DO NOT BUY.

Collapse -
ERROR_MODEL_BIND...Persistent Problem
by CJazz_901 / July 14, 2015 9:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Regular Problem

I just received the infamous "ERROR_MODEL_BIND" message on my UNES467500F after attempting to connect to some of the streaming services via the TV - no luck. It is now July of 2015, and they (Samsung) are still having issues with a problem dating back to 2012 (still). It seems that this goes well beyond a "network problem" with Samsung's servers - it sounds a lot like neglect. More than likely, Samsung has sold tens of thousands (more than likely millions) of their "Smart Hub" service-based sets with thousands of its customers having issues with connecting to their in-home networks, attempting to stream content via the Smart Hub - no immediate resolution available. Luckily, I bought a master purchase agreement for three years, as I suspected that many TV manufacturers of late (past five years) have been using "work-around" solutions not only in the manufacturing process but also in their software and networking packaging. No one should have to spend a $1000.00 or more on TV that is going to fail when attempting to use the very features a customer purchased the product for in the first place. The whole situation with this error smells of bad faith and a possible class action on part of those who do not have a remedy or resolution for this problem. I used to have a lot confidence in Samsung's products, but now, after this experience, I am re-evaluating my electronics purchases and, I'm holding these manufacturers to higher standard - WE all work too hard for our money to just simply throw it away on a useless product, while a juggernaut of a company such as Samsung is enriched, while (metaphorically) laughing at getting around having to resolve its customers' problems with their product(s).

Collapse -
I'd top post this one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 14, 2015 9:35 AM PDT

The mystery to me here is why a consumer oriented product like a TV would spew errors that are OK for software authors and computer scientists.

It's also a hoot to read support folk to tell us to change the DNS. Why didn't these Smart TV's do that for us?

Collapse -
Re: Smart Hub Issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 4, 2013 4:01 AM PST
Collapse -
Come clean with an explanation on MODEL_ERROR_BIND
by CNETBigDog61 / March 4, 2013 4:52 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Smart Hub Issues

So the centralized Samsung servers are the choke point for Smart Hub software, right? And this single point of failure doesn't have a sufficient recovery backup service, right? So thousands (tens of thousands?) of Samsung TV's with Smart Hub software are prevented from streaming video content from Netflix and other sources? That's the problem, but what's the real explanation? The "brand ambassador" just says to hang on and, eventually, the issue will be resolved. The best policy is to fully explain the technical issue with the Samsung servers.

Collapse -
No explanation
by neilprivate / March 4, 2013 5:16 AM PST

Just as when I worked on call centre teams... there is no real explanation, just a form of words to placate frustrated callers. They wouldn't of course tell me the technical issues. All he would say is this is happening region by region. what exactly "it" was I don't know. Could be tech problems of any kind or upgrades to software or hardware... but what a system when everything has to shut off in order to upgrade or maintain. In the past they have made excuses about bad weather causing them problems. But really, it's all so unnecessary, this doesn't happen to Apple TV, Roku or any of the others, at least I haven't read about this type of problem with those guys so far. So it's an infrastructure problem and a design problem, of enormous proportions. The only reason this isn't headline new on Endgadget is that most people still have cable and don't rely wholly on the Samsung servers for their entertainment.

Collapse -
by kuptis / October 19, 2013 12:04 PM PDT
In reply to: No explanation

Some of us few people don't have cable at all and in my case I don't have anything else to connect to my Samsung not so Smart TV except my laptop which that I am thankful for. Thankful for when this "Model_Error_Bind" message pops up so it gives me a workaround to get to Hulu (although it's not HuluPlus) or something else I can watch like liveleak.com, news, etc.

If I knew that the hub requires to connect to Samsung servers before being able to watch a show I would not have bought it. Apparently Samsung knew this so instead of designing it without this requirement they went ahead and did anyway and then tried to hide that fact.

Collapse -
Pathetic.
by neilprivate / March 4, 2013 5:20 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Smart Hub Issues

Why do you recommend a Smart Hub reset if you know the problem si with your servers? Why are you recommending we try these futile cut and paste solutions when you KNOW they won't make any difference. You're doing EXACTLY what the call center people did. Make it looks as though you're making an effort, when really you know the system is flawed and repeatedly you go through this dance with your consumers. I am spreading the word far and wide about this problem, posting to every board I can find. Samsung aren't helping anyone and aren't sharing any of this "help" on their website. It's a huge hidden repeating problem that would affect sales in a massive way if the word was out there. I'm surprised Apple hasn't made a noise about it.

Collapse -
Just a thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 4, 2013 5:28 AM PST
In reply to: Pathetic.

The tv's firmware may not automatically pick up the changes after they bring the services back online.

I know you're upset but give what they offer a try. I'm seeing some post the service came back in some parts of the world.
Bob

PS. This thread is possibly out of date as it's from months ago. We don't want to close old threads but must if they get too old, out of date.

Collapse -
Thanks
by neilprivate / March 4, 2013 5:41 AM PST
In reply to: Just a thought.

Hi Bob,

I have, of course, given what they say a try. I have been on the phone with the call center. I have tried is several times to no avail - because my TV isn't the problem, it's their system and their servers. Should I have to reset my TV every time they screw up the servers in some way?

My service has now resumed out of the blue, albeit it glitchy. That doesn't mean it isn't still an enormous problem. I spent $1000 on a TV that is wholly unreliable. I can't take it back because I had it for several months before I first discovered this problem. The problem happens time and again, each time we get them same bloated, cut and paste, fatuous reponse from HD_Tech.

This thread might be old, but the problem still exists. Just because people are coming back online slowly but surely doesn't mean the problem is fixed, it just means the symptoms have gone away for now, for some. Their systems and design are flawed and this has been happening since Smart HUB came out, a cursory glance around the web will show you that.

Cheers

Collapse -
One more thing. (isn't it always OMT?)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 4, 2013 7:06 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks
Collapse -
by kuptis / October 19, 2013 12:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Just a thought.

This thread may be old but still applies. Just today I started getting this message again.

Usually when Samsung takes servers down for maintenance they let you know a week in advance via the TV. Thus, when the servers go down "due to maintenance" unexpectedly you know it's not scheduled. This happens too often for me to be comfortable with Samsung's service.

The design and engineering of Samsung's hub service should have been better planned and better thought out. They now know it and try to hide that fact when people start calling in with an issue and make them go through a song and dance routine when they already know what the problem is and has nothing to do with the customer's TV itself.

Collapse -
Not able to acces apps.
by MrG54313 / October 19, 2013 12:56 PM PDT
In reply to: 22

I did get a message a few days ago about them doing maintenance. I don't think they should be doing it during the day though. Why not do it in the we morning hours. It's been down longer than I thought it was going to be.

Collapse -
Error model bind
by A4815 / October 19, 2013 1:34 PM PDT

The maintenance was supposed to be last Tuesday into Wednesday I believe, but it didn't happen cause I was home sick from Sunday through Thurs and it was fine all week all hours. I got so frustrated with all of this when it went down twice, both times for around 48 hours just after I purchased the TV that I went and bought an AppleTV box for when the Samsung server is down. Netflix and whatever runs through it instead of the Samsung server...it's $99 but so nice to have when you want it!

Collapse -
Error model Bind error on 01/21/2014
by mahadreamz / January 21, 2014 5:55 AM PST
In reply to: Error model bind

Today morning sometime(01/21/2014 1pm PST )in middle I got this error message from Samsung Smart TV. Wondering about this error message. Why its occcuring. anything problem to our TV or something going on with smart hub server. Is there anyone from samsung to answer this problem. would be helpful.
Thanks
Maha

Collapse -
Will not connect
by torfl / January 21, 2014 6:24 AM PST

Same here. System says I have internet but no APP's will load. NETFLIX

Sounds like it may be the SAMMY SERVERS.

I don't use NETFLIX that often so I cannot comment on frequency.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.