Laptops forum

Resolved Question

error message: rtl70.bpL missing

by barbara318 / December 5, 2011 10:27 PM PST

After restoring my computer to an earlier version I got the error message: Sup_SmartRAM.exe system error rtl70.bpL missing. How do I fix this?

barbara318 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: error message: rtl70.bpL missing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: error message: rtl70.bpL missing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by barbara318

Collapse -
Re: missing file
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 5, 2011 10:40 PM PST

Reinstall the program that needs this file from the original setup. That should do the trick. It's not a Windows file.

Collapse -
by barbara318 / December 6, 2011 12:39 AM PST
In reply to: Re: missing file

Thanks Kees, checking and found an article stating that it is an OS problem. Thank you for your input.

Collapse -
Re: OS problem
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 6, 2011 6:00 AM PST
In reply to: rtl70.bpL

I don't believe it's an OS problem, I don't believe it's an "OS critical error" as some link you found states and I don't believe in any socalled fix except simply reinstalling it.

"rtl70.bpl is a VCL70
belonging to Borland Package Library
from Borland Software Corporation.

Non-system processes like rtl70.bpl originate from software you installed on your system."

That sentence, by the way, is the only useful information in that link. Forget all the crap about registry scanners and speed-up-my-computer programs. They only serve the makers to make money. They're useless for you.

Collapse -
by pgc3 / December 6, 2011 12:14 AM PST

Take a look for fixes online, I am pretty sure there are workarounds. As Kees stated it is not a Windows file, it is registry related and could have been created by a virus, a bit of research might be required. Good luck!

Collapse -
by barbara318 / December 6, 2011 12:44 AM PST
In reply to: Error(s)

Thank you pgc3...and yes I am reading other options and one stated that this is an OS critical error....I will follow their instructions to correct. Again, thank you for your input.

Collapse -
by barbara318 / December 6, 2011 6:33 AM PST
In reply to: rtl70.bpL

I found another article that mentioned problems with IOrbit Malware, which I had installed on my I uninstalled that program and my error code messages disappeared. Thanks again, for replying to my cry for help.

Collapse -
Restoring is not a good idea.
by jamessmithonlinenow / December 26, 2011 10:14 PM PST
Collapse -
Re: disabling system restore
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 26, 2011 10:58 PM PST

We don't advice to disable system restore. Quite often it's the easies solution to a problem.

Collapse -
Not advised by most moderators.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2011 12:41 AM PST

It closes the door to easy fixes and often you find it forces folk to reinstall the OS instead.

Bad advice in my opinion.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.