Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Error Message D3DERR_Not Available

by sugarbear246 / July 31, 2010 4:09 AM PDT

When I try to play a DVD on my Computer - Window XP/SP3 I get an Error Message I've never seen before? The DVD Image also Plays Upside Down? Anyone familiar with this particular Error Message
"Create Device failed D3DERR_Not Available"? Not sure what has caused this?

Thanks;
sugarbear246

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Error Message D3DERR_Not Available
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Error Message D3DERR_Not Available
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's Usually A DirectX Or Display Driver Issue
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 31, 2010 5:12 AM PDT

The DVD may have some special graphics requirements...so, try downloading and reinstalling DirectX 9.0c using either of the links below:

DirectX 9.0c Redistributable (Full)

DirectX 9.0c WebInstaller

Then visit the website of your current graphics card, then download and install the most recent driver for such.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Windows XP: Error Message D3DERR_Not Available
by sugarbear246 / July 31, 2010 11:58 AM PDT

Thanks for your reply;

I downloaded and installed (DirectX 9.0c Redistributable (Full)- and I get the same Error Message "Error Message D3DERR_Not Available"...I am Stumped. Help! Anybody got a Fix for this Error Message?

Sugarbear246

Collapse -
And You Updated Your Graphics Driver As Well?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 31, 2010 1:05 PM PDT

The graphics driver is the more common cause and is why I suggested doing both procedures in my first post.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
by sugarbear246 / July 31, 2010 1:54 PM PDT

Again Thanks for your reply! I have a Radeon 9200 Series Graphics Card which I downloaded the Catalyst Control Center software and installed the new Drivers--Along with the DirectX Redistributable Full Download, Which I ran the DXSetup File...Which extracted the files to the Temporary Folder I was Instructed to Assign them too reinstalled the DX files. When I play a DVD (I still) get this Error Message: "CreateDevice failed D3DERR_Not Available", and the DVD Image play Upside Down...the Audio is Fine, just the Video Screen plays the Movie Upside Down.

Help!
Sugarbear246

Collapse -
Which DVD Player Software Are You Using?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / August 2, 2010 9:53 AM PDT

...and do ALL DVD movies have the same problem? (I assume this is a DVD movie and not a game.)

For most, a good quality DVD player software such as PowerDVD or WinDVD seems to work best.. Players such as Windows Media Player tend to have such problems. Which player are you using?

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
by sugarbear246 / August 3, 2010 6:43 AM PDT

Everyone! Thanks for all your Help!

I solved the problem by going to the Manufacturer of my Computer (Sony Vaio PcvRs620G) and Download and Installed for the Motherboard the (Encoder Board Driver) and the (Intel Chipset Driver) and the Problem has been solved!
Only problem is: I DON'T KNOW WHICH THESE DRIVERS SOLVED THE PROBLEM?
But there you have it...Maybe this will help someone else who has experienced this problem!

Thanks Everyon;
Sugarbear 246

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.