Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Error; hpqgpc01.exe

by Chuck Collins / May 3, 2009 4:20 AM PDT

I have an HP m9400t purchased 12/08 loaded with Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Whenever I shut down computer the above "subject" error pops up. After some four attempts following HP LIVE CHAT service, it dawned on me that obviously they have no clue. I entered the HP FORUM and discovered "many" suffering with this same problem and, as me, received no help from HP. Evidently HP is in their "Denial" mode because, judging by the many mail in HP FORUM, some of whom are in the expert class, (I'm a novice) no one seems to be receiving any fix to cure the problem. I'm very disappointed and lost.........any one have a cure? Thanks. Chuck

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Error; hpqgpc01.exe
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Error; hpqgpc01.exe
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try Tom's solution.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 4, 2009 2:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Error; hpqgpc01.exe

"Ok, here is another fix that I believe will help those of you that are still having this hpqgpc01.exe problem. As I read this thread, most of you, if not all, have 64 bit systems. But you are probably running a 32 bit file system. So lets try this. Load your printer disc in your CD drive, then go to : START, CONTROL PANEL, PRINTER. Then right click on printer and go to properties. Go to SHARING. Click on CHANGE SHARING OPTIONS. Click CONTINUE. Go down to DRIVERS and click on ADDITIONAL DRIVERS. X64 is the 64 bit driver, but remember that you probably have the files loaded in your X86 file which is 32 bit . Leave the X64 file alone, but click the X86 file. Then close out the program. When you go back, the file should show both the X64 & X86 file as Type 3 User Mode INSTALLED-YES. When you power down the computer you will still see the hpqgpc01.exe file pop up because you will need to restart the computer for the change to take effect. But after that, you shouldn't see the error sign on your next shut down. Hope that helps. Let me know if it works for you.

Tom" from http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Networking&thread.id=189

Collapse -
Try Tom's solution
by R Burson / August 11, 2009 12:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Try Tom's solution.

This solution was exactly what I needed. I had just installed a new HP OfficeJet 6500 Wireless printer/scanner/copier/fax, and I began getting error Oxc0000005 for program hpqgpc01.exe every time I shut down the computer. I followed the instructions for "Tom's solution" and I no longer get the error message at shutdown. Thanks!

Collapse -
error; hpqgpc01.exe
by scott.drake / October 22, 2009 7:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Error; hpqgpc01.exe

I had the same problem like much of everyone else, i followed the steps in the try Toms solution,and one other tip that i found on the net but neither one of them worked so what i ended up doing to get rid of the problem was go into my computer and disabled my start-up feature for my printer , everything now works my printer works and runs only when i actually click on it to open it and i no longer get the error on shutdown , another path to disable this feature is to go to your windows defender, go to tools , then software explorer.you ll see all your different start up programs all you have to do is find your HP start-up and disable it and pa-ting, problem solved, please let me know if this works for you it worked for me. good luck

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.