Windows Legacy OS forum

by hawboy / February 3, 2012 6:52 AM PST

Printer 5 yrs old, first problem ever, cannot clear this error code? Guide simply states you wipe and clean glass, and surrounding area! no help?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: error code,(LSU) SAMSUNG LASER PRINTER,SCX-4521F
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: error code,(LSU) SAMSUNG LASER PRINTER,SCX-4521F
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
It's not looking good, sadly.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 3, 2012 8:59 PM PST

LSU stands for Laser beam Scanning Unit and from what I see in my searches there could be dust on the polygon mirror surfaces, or the motor that spins the polygon may be failing or has failed.

The links below show just a couple of other discussions about this;

If you have already cleaned the mirrors but that doesn't help, it looks like the printer is on its way out.

Collapse -
LSU error code Samsung SCX-4725
by kingkoin / January 28, 2013 1:21 PM PST

The LSU error may happen if you replace the toner cartridge with a compatible one.
If you load back the original cartridge the error will be cleared. This is because of the chip board on the cartridge.
I would recommend to re-fill your cartridge rather than buying a compatible.

Collapse -
sumsang laser printer scx-4521f LSU IS ERROR
by arifpathan786 / April 2, 2013 2:57 PM PDT

please give me suggestion how can i soluation my LSU ERROR please give fast answer
iam from india gujarat

Collapse -
(NT) Tried Changing the Toner Cartridge?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 3, 2013 3:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
windows 7 pro
by bigwillie070 / October 12, 2014 1:22 AM PDT

I have this error on mine and I am trying to send a document from my desktop to the printer (SCX-4521F) that is needed for my business and this code keeps popping up. Please help!

System Info:
Samsung SCX-5421F
Windows 7 Pro

Collapse -
Given this is now 7 years old.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 12, 2014 1:31 AM PDT
In reply to: windows 7 pro

I'd have a tech give it the once over and then replace the aging, failing printer.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.