Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Error code 0x80070570

by boongsong / February 20, 2011 12:05 AM PST

Was in the process of backing-up my computer and received the error code that back-up stopped. Details showed error code 0x80070570 was the reason.
I did a Google search and came-up with this forum site and I saw a post re the error code but it was referencing it during an install. I was not trying to install anything (even though I have not been able to reinstall Roxio Creator sinceDec) and was wondering if the link (to Uniblue registry software) provided in that post would help my problem.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Error code 0x80070570
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Error code 0x80070570
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: error
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 20, 2011 12:10 AM PST
In reply to: Error code 0x80070570

The answer to your question about Uniblue is a clear "no". But you might have other questions?

My question to you: how did you backup your computer? Personlly I only backup new and changed files from a selected number of folders, and I do that with a program called xxcopy across my home network to another PC. But you might have a different method.

Kees

Collapse -
0x80070570
by boongsong / February 20, 2011 4:30 AM PST
In reply to: Re: error

No problem with UniBlue. Didn't use it due to reviews from CNet.
I use DVD+R discs, as recommended in MS Forums
My 1st attempt at backing-up resulted in the message back-up stopped due to error code 0x80070570. Went to a MS Forum site that gave a link that suggested a fix. Followed the link that said to go to Start, Computer, right click on the drive (C), properties, Tools and then click on Check Now under the error checking space. Did that but had to schecule it to activate after next start-up. Did a restart, it went through the motions and no indication(s) of any errors or fixes. Computer started normally.
Tried to do another back-up and had to use a new disc - wouldn't accept previous. After formatting it, back-up started and got another error message of 0x0. Then, couldn't open E drive. Had to do another restart to open it and remove disc. Tried once again, using another new disc and at approx. 40% got another error saying errors in the media backup can't continue use another disc. That's twice for errors on media.
As for back-up, I have been using Carbonite and have configured it to back-up Everything.
I guess, at this point, if I can't solve the 0x80070570/0x0 problems, my only other solution is to do an "out of the box" restore. Sure ain't lookin' forward to that.
Have not had any other problems with anything else except Roxio and Backing-up. Other software has downloaded/installed good.
Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Collapse -
Chkdsk
by bob b / February 20, 2011 6:44 AM PST
In reply to: 0x80070570

Followed the link that said to go to Start, Computer, right click on the drive (C), properties, Tools and then click on Check Now under the error checking space. Did that but had to schecule it to activate after next start-up. Did a restart, it went through the motions and no indication(s) of any errors or fixes. Computer started normally.
----------------
I think that's normal.
For some reason chkdsk buries the results in the event log.
So you need to root around in the event log to see what chkdsk found/did.

Collapse -
Ouch.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2011 12:11 AM PST

Between trying to install an old Roxio and Uniblue use I worry that this OS has been damaged.

But do tell EXACTLY what this "backing-up" entails. What software title is in use?
Bob

Collapse -
0x80070570
by boongsong / February 20, 2011 4:15 AM PST

Not using UniBlue.
As for the backing-up, it is the Windows back-up because I keep getting the alert in the Action Center icon on the task bar.
No software involved.
You might check my reply to Kees for detailed info.

Collapse -
That narrowed down.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2011 4:20 AM PST
Collapse -
If Carbonite was running. I bet that error can occur.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2011 4:33 AM PST

I'd reconsider Windows Backup and make other plans.

Even a simple external drive and SYNCBACK goes a long way.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.