Computer Help forum

General discussion

Error 403 and access forbidden when trying to get on web pag

by gojeffie / October 13, 2006 3:42 PM PDT

I have used this web address many times with no problem getting the web page. Suddenly the other day when trying to access this web site (search, address bar, links, favorites) I keep getting the same error messages. Access Forbidden - You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read protected or not readable by the server. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
www.thereelvincentdonofrio.com
Thu Ect 12 23:04:57 2006
Apache/2.0.54(Debian GNU/Linux) mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_auth_pgsql/2.0.2bl

I don't understand what either of these are saying. I clicked on webmaster and e-mail page came up but it had no address to send a message. I have no idea who the webmaster is. The second error 403 is all greek to me. I'm just learning to work thru problems and don't understand a lot of terms used to correct problems. HELP! Thanks. Vicki

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Error 403 and access forbidden when trying to get on web pag
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Error 403 and access forbidden when trying to get on web pag
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's not your machine to be fixed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 13, 2006 10:21 PM PDT

I ran into someone that had this issue and they had wiped out and restored their machine close to 6 times before they realized that the error was on the server machine out on the internet.

It's not you.

Bob

Collapse -
Error 403
by gojeffie / October 14, 2006 8:21 AM PDT

Is there anything I can do? Who are the servers anyway. Vicki

Collapse -
403 errors when clicking on link
by jworley1942 / January 7, 2007 2:01 AM PST

I'm new to all this but by chance I found out why all of a sudden every link I got in emails from my friends I got a 403 error message,called micro soft and paid them $36 to no avail then remembered i had just downloaded Windows Live Instant Messenger a couple a weeks ago, went back deleted it and problem solved. Hopes this helps someone.
Jim

Collapse -
A 403 message...
by Edward ODaniel / October 15, 2006 2:31 AM PDT

means that you do not have permission to access a specific page or directory.

What is the EXACT URL your link points to? (take a look at the Properties of the link) Sometimes a site publisher makes changes and what used to work no longer does. Try going back through the front door http://www.thereelvincentdonofrio.com

You might also try contacting them at thereel AT gmail.com (reconfigure by replacint AT with @ and remove the space after thereel and before gmail).

Collapse -
Error 403 - reply
by gojeffie / October 15, 2006 6:43 AM PDT
In reply to: A 403 message...

Thank you so much. I e-mailed them following your instructions. They replied saying others had the problem and they were contacting the people to correct it. They again e-mailed me when it was fixed. Everything is now working fine! Thanks so much for your detailed instructions. Altho I have been learning so much about computer problems over the last couple years I still don't understand much of the wording I am given to correct problems. Sometimes I feel like such a simpleton but when given very simple (but for you detailed) instructions I can follow them and correct my problems. Thank you again! God Bless. Vicki

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.