Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

ending program.........Net Broadcast Event Window .1.0.5

by rmarchman / July 5, 2005 9:48 AM PDT

When shutting down my pc I get the following message box. "Ending program....Net Broadcast Event Window .1.0.5." Then the message "To return to windows and check the status of the program, click cancel.If you choose to end the program immediately you will lose any unsaved data."
Please help me to solve this problem.

I have windows xp home and I recently installed Zone Alarm Internet Security.

Thanks,
tobyjohn

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ending program.........Net Broadcast Event Window .1.0.5
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ending program.........Net Broadcast Event Window .1.0.5
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Rare?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 5, 2005 10:05 AM PDT
http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:d-xPntKm8SEJ:www.protonic-software.de/global/service/supportforum/newsgroup/ShowMessagelist.asp%3Flng%3Dde%26IdMessage%3D83%26idCurrentMessage%3D1811++site:www.protonic-software.de+%22net+Broadcast+Event+Window%22+1.0.5+xp

Leads me to some text I translated:

"Switch the Firewall off and try it again. Examine also event minutes of Windows for error messages. This error originates from the operating system and not out easyjob. Turn to your network administrator. easyjob support Problem description: Gradually no more Client could access the SQL server. "there is not an access to ' error:Socified SQL server emergency found..." I could reach the server with the Ping instruction from all Clients. Haven in the TCP/IP is 1433, this is approved also in the Firewall. After the error message Easyjob in the task manager is still implemented under processes. If I down-drive now the PC, the message that does not appear reacted the following program: . NET Broadcast Event Window.1.0.5 I terminate easyjob in the task manager, can I the PC without problems down-drive. Unfortunately I do not have in the support forum a contribution found that the problem to solve could."

Armed with this can you tell if you have EASYJOB or any other SQL Server or client software?

Bob
Collapse -
Re: NetBroadcast Event Window .1.0.5
by WarrenPS / July 11, 2005 6:55 AM PDT

I use Windows XP Home SP2. I too am getting the same exact message on closing down. I have not been able to find an answer to this problem. If you find one, please post!! I do not use ZoneAlarm just the native Windows XP firewall.

Collapse -
I betcha...
by GForse / July 13, 2005 12:43 AM PDT

I have the same problem.. it started after I installed the ATI Catalyst 5.6 drivers... Do you have an ATI video card?

Collapse -
2 things.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 13, 2005 12:51 AM PDT
In reply to: I betcha...

Did ATI use any .NET installer (watch for that during install) ?

And what spyware tools do you use?

Drop me your HIJACKTHIS LOG via email at my profile since I'm collecting information to see if there is something in common here.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: I betcha
by WarrenPS / July 13, 2005 1:28 AM PDT

I do indeed have an ATI video card. In fact, this began occurring after installation of the latest ATI driver. I have absolutely no idea how to get rid of this problem. I can't go back to my old video driver as it was causing my system to crash. Please keep me posted if you come up with a solution. I will do some searching of the ATI site in the meantime.

Collapse -
Re: I betcha
by WarrenPS / July 13, 2005 1:33 AM PDT

With respect to the above post, I did not intend to "but-in" to the thread. I also have posted previously on this board about the same problem, thus I assumed incorrectly that your post was in response to a thread I began a week or so ago. Nevertheless, this confirms that ATI is the culprit here. Thanks for your interest and helping out.

Collapse -
If you want to add to the info...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 13, 2005 1:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: I betcha

Drop me your hijackthis log as well so I can see if that yields a clue when I compare them.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: If you want to add to the info...
by WarrenPS / July 13, 2005 2:15 AM PDT

Thanks so much for your assistance. I have generated a HighjackThis log, but due to my limited proficiency in such things, I can't seem to locate how to e-mail it to you by going to your profile. If you don't mind guiding me thru that step, we can then make some progress. Thanks!!!

Collapse -
Try it now.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 13, 2005 2:41 AM PDT

The email button was turned off because of a limit setting. Copy and paste it there.

Bob

Collapse -
That's one busy machine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 13, 2005 3:13 AM PDT

I wouldn't expect that one to perform well at all. But do try MSCONFIG and disable the ATI items for a test run.

FREERAM programs have been panned for years. I never find such to work since Windows NT based OSes....

As it stands, you should hit a HJT forum and clean it up. I see the old Copernic spyware, but some like that. Again, there is so much going on in this machine that the likelihood of a toxic combo is very high.

Bob

Collapse -
Similar problem
by stanlet / July 20, 2005 3:20 AM PDT

Hi there, I am having the same problem and yes it started to manifest itself after updating my ATI drivers to catalyst 5.6

FYI Prior to install of the catalyst software, you are required to update to the .NET 1.1 framework - and as I normally do what I'm told ... I did Happy

I too will post a HJT log in the hope that a pattern may present itself

Ta
Tom

Collapse -
Just remember that...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 20, 2005 3:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Similar problem

We're not a Hijackthis forum. I offer a quick peek from time to time if I can't gather enough from a member's post. Unsolicited logs are simply not looked at.

Hope you understand.

Bob

Collapse -
no problemo
by stanlet / July 20, 2005 4:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Just remember that...

thought you were trying to detect a pattern
will look elsewhere
ta
tom

Collapse -
If you saw their HJT log...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 20, 2005 4:55 AM PDT
In reply to: no problemo

You would see the pattern. Far too many software items.

If you need HJT help, just post it in a HJT forum or ask in the Virus forum.

Bob

Collapse -
Solution
by stanlet / July 21, 2005 1:57 AM PDT

So you did find time to look at my unsolicited log ... Wink

Yes, many people have lots of software loaded ... but not a very helpful response ..... from a self professed guru. I appreciate you must be busy though ...

Microsoft link below that addresses this issue:

http://www.microsoftcom/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1B286E6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en

To ensure you are having the problem that this solution addresses, check in event viewer / applications - and look for 1517 or 1524 events from source Userenv.

Hope this helps
Rgds,
Tom

Collapse -
A pro will offer referrals.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2005 3:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Solution
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.