Windows 7 forum

Question

email-windows7,hotmail-won't open mailboxes not inmail

by mariparker / December 3, 2012 2:50 AM PST

When I open my inbox things work ok. When I try to open any other mail box (ie: junk mail, deleted, or personal boxes from family, like my daughter's) it will open the box long enough for you to see there is mail but than closes it and goes back to the genral inbox. Never allowing you to act on the mail in the box you were trying to open. When I go to my husbands computer I can get in no problem but my computer won;t let me. He has Vista not 7.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: email-windows7,hotmail-won't open mailboxes not inmail
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: email-windows7,hotmail-won't open mailboxes not inmail
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Is this with a Web Browser?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 2:58 AM PST

If so, try it with the Chrome Web Browser next.

Collapse -
Don't know for sure
by mariparker / December 3, 2012 3:14 AM PST

I do not think it is a brower? I am just using my e-mail account which is: msn hotmail and the reader is outlook I am told. Don't know enough to give you any real indepth information.

Collapse -
Outlook has some dozen versions.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 3:21 AM PST
In reply to: Don't know for sure

We know that there is no Outlook Express on 7 so I can rule that out.

Sorry that I can't guess what version but it matters.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: email program
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 3:22 AM PST
In reply to: Don't know for sure

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Look at the title bar
by wpgwpg / December 3, 2012 3:33 AM PST

When you first get into your email, what does it say on the title bar? The title bar is on the very top of your email window. E.g. mine says "Unread messages - Windows Live Mail". What does yours say? If we're going to help you, we really need to know that.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.