Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Email Hosting Service Providers reviews and recommendations

by smallbee2006 / May 8, 2007 4:39 AM PDT

Need some suggestions, recommendations and help for email hosting service provider, below are the requirement:

1) 100+ mailboxes ; each mailbox needs at least 500MB
2) forwarder -- can forward more than 50 email addresses
3) virus and spam filter(blacklist/whitelist on domain level; not just mailbox individually)

I have been looking into certain providers like:

1) intermedia.net(mail 100 plan): looks perfect to me but I am afraid about their reviews and support aren't that good

2) electricmail.com: they have pro services but quite expensive, it's about $5-6 per mailbox per account; with 100 mailboxes; it will cost about $500-600 amonth

3) gmail: it is almost like electricmail.com; but they have 10 G per mailbox with $5 per month per mailbox; however, gmail is still quite new and still in beta; I have heard many bad things like ppl missing their emails, etc... for personal is acceptable but not business

I know that I can have another option which is hosting the email inhouse; however, the hardware, software and the dedicated internet service is too costly for me as of this moment.

If you have any reviews or other recommendations, please let me know. Much appreicates and thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Email Hosting Service Providers reviews and recommendations
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Email Hosting Service Providers reviews and recommendations
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Gmail is beta?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 8, 2007 4:50 AM PDT

Gad I've been on it since it showed up. Doesn't feel beta.

Electric mail is top notch. If you need a great email company...

Collapse -
That's what the login page says.
by PudgyOne / May 8, 2007 6:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Gmail is beta?

I enjoy Gmail. I haven't missed an email. There are limitations on Gmail. No exe files can be sent, That's great. Great SPAM control. Can use email program to download. The one I have is FREE.

At work, we have a domain name and each of us have an email account. The email leaves our place of business in Pennsylvania and goes to California, to Postini, which filters out SPAM and other unsafe objects and then it comes back to Pennsylvania to the same business to be read. At one time, this might have been ok for the company. They have had problems with this. The company was allowing workers to check their emails at work. The emails had viruses and then the whole network got them. Today, each machine, now has its very own virus protection.

Collapse -
If only...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 8, 2007 9:23 PM PDT

Vista was so honest.

Collapse -
(NT) You've got to be kidding!
by PudgyOne / May 9, 2007 2:20 AM PDT
In reply to: If only...
Collapse -
by NetHoster / May 22, 2007 5:49 AM PDT

We've been very happy with www.intermedia.net -- they have excellent customer support and their services are the best we've had.

Collapse -
email hosts

email is weird...I had mine at the same place my website was hosted at first but they were terrible...I ended up switching to a bigger host (GoDaddy) and they were just as bad if not worse....every time I called in I was talking to these support reps who really could care less about what I was calling in about and that got pretty old after 3-4 time.

I finally said screw it and went with a smaller company that specialized in email hosting...a friend of mine recommended them so i gave it a shot...def more expensive than Godaddy, but I must say things have been much better now, I always talk to the same few people who are happy to help us...it sounds like you are willing to consider someone who specializes in email hosting so that is good, you are just going to pay a bit more...the one i use is by Quexion, here is their site: http://www.embusinessemail.com

You might also consider Rackspace email: http://www.rackspace.com/, I hear they are pretty good and have a strong support department.

Good luck!

Collapse -
Interested in reviewing Rackspace?
by cnouri987 / November 1, 2009 8:16 AM PST
In reply to: email hosts

@BigCliffSinclair - Thanks for the suggestion on Rackspace for email services. I'd be interested in chatting with you if you'd be interested in giving us an open review with your feedback in exchange for complimentary service. Email me at cameron.nouri [at] rackspace.com

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.