Desktops forum

General discussion

eMachine T6212 Restore Disk

by aktlikeseggs / June 20, 2005 7:00 AM PDT

I have a big problem

I formatted my harddrive and installed Windows Professional x64 edition, but i cant use quite a few things because i dont have the drivers for the computer.

well eMachine doesnt have the drivers available for download yet, so my only option is to find the driver (ive been looking i cant find them) or to use the System Restore disks

Well i never made a system restore disk, i figured they would come premade, so i need a copy of it but they cost 20 (shipping and handling, the disks are free), but luckly if you have a T6212 all the restore disks are the same.

So i was wondering if someone could make a torrent file of there system restore disk so i could download,

Please Guys I Need Your Help!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: eMachine T6212 Restore Disk
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: eMachine T6212 Restore Disk
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
So have you got the drivers yet?
by drew1paredes / July 4, 2005 1:44 AM PDT

I have an eMachine T6212 and did a total back-up of all drivers using MyDrivers version 3.11 I also made a back-up copy of the computer, as was when I bought it. If you have an email address I will send you a zip fill of all of the drivers, including the Microsoft driver that you probably already installed when you installed XP professional.

Do you have a copy of Nero, the CD burning software that came installed.

p.s. I installed an upgraded Video card, and the drivers would be included in the zip. Just be sure you don't install the drives for the ATi Radeon 800 Xl

Collapse -
Same problem
by jps200315 / July 6, 2005 5:34 AM PDT

Hey there, I have the same problem and living without sound for a whole month really sucks so id appreciate it if you could send me those drivers to my email address:

Thankyou very much!

Collapse -
Emachines desktop T6212
by DoctorFix / October 24, 2009 7:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Same problem

if any body have a problem a 4 cd's with back up and the Emachines software. ok

Collapse -
Yeah i got them
by aktlikeseggs / September 4, 2005 2:40 PM PDT

Yeah i got the drivers but you wouldnt know how to rip a cd and put it on Bittorrent would you?

If you do then great if not then if you could email me ill step you through it

In case you havent figured it out im wanting you to post it on a BT site so i can download it. If anyone else with CD knows BT and could post it i would be more then greatful because as of now if my HDD goes then im screwed because i have no back up disk.

Thanks for all the help

Collapse -
by maggyreyna / April 18, 2011 4:39 AM PDT

Drew, i wonder if you can help me. I have been searching and searching for sound drivers for my emachine T4852. All i find are drivers i have to pay for and cannot afford. can you help

Collapse -
Sorry no. There is no T4852 at
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 18, 2011 4:51 AM PDT
In reply to: emachine
Collapse -
I have the Disk
by davemedina / July 22, 2005 12:04 PM PDT

I am having the same problem but I have the DVD to restore. I created it teh first day just in case. I will be happy to send you a copy if you pay shipping. ANy luck with the Drivers?

Collapse -
by bigygf / July 22, 2005 3:35 PM PDT

i have a T6212 and i did make the restore dvd but i think most of the drivers are located at the MSI website

Collapse -
by davemedina / July 23, 2005 2:01 AM PDT

I found the drivers and would be happy to email them to you.

Collapse -
by stonehkm / July 23, 2005 6:35 PM PDT

Go to the MSI website and download MSI Live Update. It will scan your computer and give a list of drivers available for your Realtek audio and whatever else you need for that motherboard. I keep it monitoring and I am able to update drivers as needed on my T6212. It even has the drivers for my newly installed ATI video card and they are later than the drivers on the video card installation CD:)

Collapse -
eMachine Drivers
by TD25x / July 25, 2005 9:14 AM PDT
Collapse -
i have the same problem
by dboog98 / August 24, 2005 7:08 AM PDT

i have an emachine t6212 and have no sound on it at all and i am looking for some help because i dont know alot about computers and you seem to have the same problem. so if you have fixed your or know how can you please tell me my e-mail is You

Collapse -
Thanks for all the help
by aktlikeseggs / September 4, 2005 2:37 PM PDT

Thanks for all the help guys but like two days after i made this topic i finally cracked one of the eMachine tech support workers and he gave me a link to an unofficial site to download the drivers. If anyone needs this link TD25x gave.

Well thanks again guys

Collapse -
emachine drivers
by hchaf / January 19, 2009 6:20 AM PST

Please send me the internet site for downlowning emachine drivers.
I have an emachine D6419 desktop.
Thank you

Collapse -
same problem emachine T6212 no sound
by aliciamu / January 19, 2009 10:16 AM PST

hey this is my first time here and I saw everyone with the same problem. I have no sound and have been looking for while for driver downloads. If anyone could help me with the web site for downloads please email me at

Collapse -
T6212 sound drivers
by Super36 / January 28, 2009 5:22 AM PST

Please send me the unofficial site to download the drivers. thanks.

Collapse -
unofficial emachine site
by aliciamu / January 28, 2009 5:47 AM PST
In reply to: T6212 sound drivers

I would email you the information but I dont know how to get your email on my last post is my email if you email me I will send it to you.

Collapse -
T6212 Sound Drivers
by Super36 / January 28, 2009 7:17 PM PST

Please email drivers to

Collapse -
by aharris13 / April 9, 2009 6:10 AM PDT
In reply to: T6212 sound drivers

I also need a LAN driver for a D6419 desktop. Gateway sent me something which didn't work and I've been searching high and low without success. Any help is appreciated!!

Collapse -
Unofficial site for T6212 emachine
by Super36 / July 15, 2010 6:41 AM PDT

Can you please send me this site info? I have been searching for hours and can not find the sm bus controller driver for this machine. I too was told I needed to purchase the recovery cd but it cost to much. Please email me at Thanks

Collapse -
eMachines recovery and drivers
by mattygenner123 / July 25, 2010 6:01 PM PDT

I dont know much about this unofficial site but i have an emachines 4260. I had lost my recovery and drivers CDs and needed to reinstall windows. I found a company call gennersales who sell recovery cds and drivers for many emachines computers, might be worth your while giving them a try as i found there CDs to be brilliant.

Collapse -
Can you please send link from EMachines
by AE_Jimenez / September 8, 2010 4:29 AM PDT

Thank you for making the link available to everyone. Could you please send it to me at Thanks.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.