Computer Help forum

General discussion

emachine pc angel system restore

by cesar97 / September 2, 2006 11:21 PM PDT

I have an 6212 emachine. I'd like to restore my os after format my hd. But when I insert the 1st cd the system states "Preparing system recovery options" then goes to a screen that displayes the "e" logo and "Powered by PC Angel System Recovery", where it stays and never goes beyond.

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: emachine pc angel system restore
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: emachine pc angel system restore
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here's an example on how to trip up such restores.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2006 11:49 PM PDT

1. Format the drive.

It's very possible to prepare the drive in a fashion the restore program didn't expect. If I see the restore fail I offer the restore process a blank drive with no partitions.

2. Change the drive for something unsupported. Example: Let's say we had XP. Notice no SP1 or SP2. Our new drive is 160GB in size and we partition it and format it just to be sure it's OK. Since XP doesn't support 160GB drives the restore CD is again tripped up.

Hope this helps you discover the causes.

In closing, the story why you formatted the drive may reveal another source of problems.

Collapse -
did not work
by cesar97 / September 3, 2006 1:55 AM PDT

Thanks Bob, but it did not work.

Collapse -
What is it?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2006 2:05 AM PDT
In reply to: did not work

I offered multiple scenarios and asked a question. Since you didn't elaborate I'm only able to write...

Best of luck,

Collapse -
new try
by cesar97 / September 3, 2006 2:34 AM PDT
In reply to: What is it?

Every time I try to install the OS from the emachine recovery CDs the system stops when the "e" logo appears. After that, I do not have any more choices; the system does not ask me for the second cd. These are 4 "factory" recovery CDs.
I was able to install the XP before but using the Microsoft CDs from another PC but with this "Angel System Recovery" always is the same problem, and these are the original CDs from emachine "drivers and OS"
I formatted the hd, tried again and still the same.

Collapse -
So you didn't try it my way?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2006 2:38 AM PDT
In reply to: new try

Also you don't want to tell why you formatted the drive.

It's good that you tried the other XP install but without more input from you and maybe trying it my way I wonder what it could be.

Here's a new idea. What's not stock? That is, did you have to leave some new USB device plugged in during the emachine install?

Collapse -
What happened?
by cesar97 / September 3, 2006 2:46 AM PDT

This is what actually happened.
My daughter put the usb mouse cable into the shredder after that the pc did not start. Then I tried wiht Angel System recovery but it did not work. So I tried with my other pc?s XP and it worked. Next, I formatted the hd and tried with Angel Recovery again but I got the same problem.

Collapse -
And if we don't format the drive?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2006 2:50 AM PDT
In reply to: What happened?

That is, remove the partitions and let the restore program deal with it?

Collapse -
no format
by cesar97 / September 3, 2006 2:53 AM PDT

I'll try that now.

Collapse -
i did it
by cesar97 / September 3, 2006 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: no format

I got the same result.

Collapse -
Then either ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2006 4:06 AM PDT
In reply to: i did it

The restore never worked, there is something not stock with the machine or there is something broken still.

Your post doesn't really reveal which it could be.

Another idea is to try the other CD or DVD drive for the restore CD boot.

Collapse -
I Think ...
by cesar97 / September 3, 2006 4:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Then either ...

My question is: If I did it with the Microsoft CDs. Why I can'd do it with the Angel System Rescovery CDs?

Thank you very much.

Collapse -
The answer is...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2006 4:21 AM PDT
In reply to: I Think ...

One thing is not the other.

I continue to have to ask the same question 2 or more times to see a response from you. Please don't do that.

-> What's not stock?

These machines often don't restore if we change anything.

Collapse -
Oops. Forgot to ask again...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2006 4:23 AM PDT
In reply to: I Think ...

If you can boot up the Angel CD in the other drive.

And finally, one more new idea. I ran into a similar issue and found if I duplicated the Angel CD in another machine the fresh copy worked.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.