Computer Help forum

General discussion

ELIMINATE UNRESPONSIVE PLUG-INS!!!

by ncboy187 / April 24, 2011 8:49 AM PDT

I am running Windows Vista and using Google Chrome. When I am on FB playing the games or JTV watching streams, my cpu freezes up and then a window pops up with the "unresponsive plug-in" message. Is there anything on here that will 1) get my cpu running faster and 2) keep the plug-ins from crashing all the time? I even tried Firefox and it does the same thing. I have downloaded TweakNow and CCleaner and it does nothing for this matter. Help me please because this is getting frustrating.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ELIMINATE UNRESPONSIVE PLUG-INS!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ELIMINATE UNRESPONSIVE PLUG-INS!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Anything else to that message?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 24, 2011 9:20 PM PDT

Does Chrome state which plugin?

Firefox would not give exactly the same error message, so what does Firefox say when this happens?

What happens if you disable all plugins, then add them back in one by one?

Mark

Collapse -
UNRESPONSIVE PLUGINS
by ncboy187 / April 25, 2011 2:51 AM PDT

Both Chrome and Firefox state that the plugin is either unknown or shockwave flash. I have uninstalled shockwave and reinstall it and it still gives the same thing. One thing that I did notice is that Chrome has it's own flash player and will update it when new ones come in.

Collapse -
Quite often such problems are the result ...
by Edward ODaniel / April 25, 2011 3:05 AM PDT

of computers with too little RAM or too slow a processor or outdated browser versions. Haqrd to tell about yours as you didn't offer the information despite this paragraph in RED TEXT immediately above that Submit button you used to make your post -

Please read before posting

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

Another common cause is malware running on your computer. This can normally be fixed by running RKILL and MalwareBytes followed up with a scan with Super Anti-Spyware.

Collapse -
Quite often such problems are the result
by ncboy187 / April 25, 2011 4:51 AM PDT

As I posted earlier, I am running Windows vista. This cpu is about 4 yrs old. I believe it is a 32-bit system Compaq Presario SR2150NX. If this is the information that you are talking about, then here you go

Collapse -
Plug in unresponsive, Shock wave player crashes
by debbiejo1958 / September 25, 2012 2:47 PM PDT

Hi, I am constantly having unresponsive plug in errors,as well as shock wave player cashes. I have tried everything I can think of. I really need some help with this. I play games on face book and now it is so bad I can't play The Ville at all now. I have a desk top, running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. All my browsers are up to date as is my shock wave player and my other Adobe stuff. Thank You for your help...

Collapse -
Here's an idea. Try other browsers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 25, 2011 3:09 AM PDT

I have this friend that got hung up on solving some issue like this. Other browsers worked yet they keep going back to what didn't work.

What many don't understand is this stuff isn't perfect.
Bob

Collapse -
Here's an idea. Try other browsers.
by ncboy187 / April 25, 2011 4:46 AM PDT

I have tried other browsers on here and it does the same thing. IE, Google Chrome, Firefox. All of them have the same results

Collapse -
Since Flash seems to be suspect
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 25, 2011 4:53 AM PDT

try this.

Goto http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and if you see the animated flash, (you may have to refresh your browser), that means Flash is working OK.

However, on some machines a setting on newer versions of Flash can cause video problems. So, right click that flash animation window, select "Settings", and turn off "Enable hardware acceleration".

Then re-test your browser. You only have to do this once, not required for each browser as the setting affects all of them.

See if that works.

Mark

Collapse -
(NT) plug in unrsponsive
by lilaben12345 / October 26, 2011 5:18 AM PDT
Collapse -
Did you want to ask something?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 26, 2011 5:32 AM PDT
In reply to: plug in unrsponsive

Feel free to do so. But please don't post such uninformative posts as yours is.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.