Computer Help forum

General discussion

Ebay Page Not Working Properly

by Shift1953 / January 28, 2012 2:15 AM PST

All my web pages work properly except my Ebay one has a problem. I can't get pictures to enlarge and I can't get it to switch from description to shipping. I know it must be a setting on my computer as our other computer works alright.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ebay Page Not Working Properly
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ebay Page Not Working Properly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What I suggest you do is ...
by Edward ODaniel / January 28, 2012 4:38 AM PST
Collapse -
Thank You for the Help
by blue1949 / January 28, 2012 7:56 AM PST

Thank you but your suggestions didn't work.

Collapse -
So I take it ...
by Edward ODaniel / January 28, 2012 1:39 PM PST
In reply to: Thank You for the Help

the link showed you that your Java was the latest version for Vista and was working correctly?

If so how about telling us which web browser you normally use and which you have tried to see if they work. For example if you have been using Internet Explorer download, install and try FireFox or Opera (you can have and use more than one browser without any problems and it helps with troubleshooting problems. you can always uninstall them later if you don't want to keep them installed).

You said "All my web pages work properly except my Ebay one has a problem." - We don't know "all" your web pages but we do know that ebay has thousands of them. Are you having this problem on one specific URL or on all ebay pages you access? Give us an example of an actual page you are having the problem with because based on what you said the problem has something to do with JavaScript (you mentioned the enlargement of pictures and switching between description and shipping tabs and those are javascripts)

Collapse -
Thank You
by Shift1953 / January 29, 2012 7:30 AM PST
In reply to: So I take it ...

I install a different internet explorer and it works. Thank you again!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.