PC Applications forum

General discussion

Easy cleaner or CCleaner?

by Bron / May 22, 2005 6:36 PM PDT

Hi,

Can you tell me if there is a difference between Easy Cleaner by Toni Arts and CCleaner?

Thank you,

Brona.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Easy cleaner or CCleaner?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Easy cleaner or CCleaner?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 22, 2005 9:10 PM PDT

The first is a registry cleaner, the second is more of a internet tracks and files eraser.

Can I ask this? Why the question? The sites that have such have this description.

Bob

Collapse -
Unsure of programs and what to do with the Registry.
by Bron / May 22, 2005 10:27 PM PDT
In reply to: Yes.

I run Easy cleaner but never go near the Registry, too scared.

Went to CCleaner website last night to read up about it, i thought the program would be a more simple way of sorting out the Registry, that's all.

I'm a newbie Bob, have made many mistakes with programs in the past and i find that some programs are not easily understood, maybe down the road i'll gain more confidence.

Brona

Collapse -
Then stick with CCleaner.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 22, 2005 11:36 PM PDT

It's very safe and if it does what you want, then you are done.

Since Windows XP, there is little or measured benefit from registry cleaning. CCleaner is good since the Internet Files cache and such cleanup is needed from time to time.

Bob

Collapse -
Thank you.
by Bron / May 23, 2005 3:22 AM PDT

I have Easy Cleaner a while now, i work it ok but as i've explained i don't go near the registry.

I think i will have to go with XP eventually, i'll hold out for a while though.

Thank you,

Brona.

Collapse -
Thank you.
by Bron / May 23, 2005 3:26 AM PDT

Thank you for the tip, eventually i will have to change to XP, although, i have not had problems with Win 98, it's me that is complicated:)

Brona.

Collapse -
CCleaner is the best Register and Temp Files cleaner !
by Pcfreakske2000 / May 24, 2005 6:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank you.

Hi all ,

@Bron

Collapse -
Thank you Pcfreakske
by Bron / May 24, 2005 8:45 AM PDT

Thank you for your reply,

I haven't had a chance to download Ccleaner yet, i will do it within the next few days.

Many thanks again.

Brona:)

Collapse -
No problem
by Pcfreakske2000 / May 27, 2005 5:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank you Pcfreakske

Hi all ,

No problem , I just like helping people with their computerproblems.

I'm glad to have helped you.

Greetings ,

Pcfreakske2000

Collapse -
how do i find reviews like this on cnet?
by sea.bass / May 22, 2007 8:16 PM PDT

Hi

I got to this discussion via googling "easy cleaner" reviews.

When I tried searching for "easy cleaner" through the search box it came up with lots of hits but none about easy cleaner on the first two pages. In particular it didn't point me to the discussion I had just been reading.

How could I have found it by searching on cnet?

Thanks

CB

Collapse -
Forum search...
by John.Wilkinson / May 23, 2007 2:40 AM PDT

The first thing to do is ensure it's searching "All CNET Forums" and not "All CNET" or "Tips & Tricks"...for the time being there are two separate search boxes that are available while here in the forums.

Also, note that the forum search lets you use boolean words such as AND and NOT to exclude specific words or specify all words must be found, not just one. That let me go from 27265 matches on easy cleaner to just 595 for easy AND cleaner. I found easy AND cleaner AND ccleaner to bring up this thread as the first overall result out of 116, so the right combination is essential.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Thanks
by sea.bass / May 23, 2007 2:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Forum search...

on reflection I thought that must be the case ... it's not immediately obvious, though.

when google mail fails to find anything that matches (and i got a list of postings that didn't match both terms used in the cnet search) it has some suggestions for broadening the search. that's useful for novices.

many thanks for the explanation

cb

Collapse -
EZ Cleaner
by punkergurl91 / June 26, 2005 6:00 PM PDT

My husband is a programer and freaks anytime I want to do something with the registry. He approves of EZ. Do not run CC unless you know what you are doing. I have been using EZ for nearly a year without any problem. I run Windows XP. Just be sure to make backups, just in case you run into problems. Although, having problems running the EZ registry cleaner is very slim.
I haven't have any problems with CC. But just for your own piece of mind use EZ until you feel comfortable trying out CC.

Collapse -
Recommend CCleaner...
by glenn30 / June 26, 2005 11:07 PM PDT
In reply to: EZ Cleaner

Been using CCleaner for some time without ever having a problem... I use all its features including the registry cleaner. New updated version now out that works just fine for me. Try it and do not hesitate... it will make a backup of changes if desired but I have never had the need to reverse anything. Just my experience!

Glenn

Collapse -
Ez Cleaner Or C Cleaner
by punkergurl91 / June 26, 2005 5:50 PM PDT

I run both on my computer. CC focuses more on the registry. EZ Cleaner works the entire system-

Collapse -
CCleaner is the best program to use !
by Pcfreakske2000 / June 27, 2005 12:02 AM PDT

Hi all,

Well, I would recommend CCleaner to anyone , it works very well and it's freeware , what do you want more , right ? lol

Just install CCleaner and keep your system clean.

Greetings ,

Pcfreakske2000

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thank you everybody, appreciate all the help:D
by Bron / June 27, 2005 3:56 AM PDT
Collapse -
Forgot to ask, should i disable Java?
by Bron / July 3, 2005 7:35 PM PDT

Roddy, im not too sure what im asking here but should i disable Java in Internet Options- Tools-Options-Security Tab?

Bron

Collapse -
Nope
by Pcfreakske2000 / July 3, 2005 10:18 PM PDT

Hi all , Hi Bron

Collapse -
Easy Cleaner gets my vote.
by Vic2point0 / September 11, 2013 11:37 PM PDT

I've been using Easy Cleaner for at least a year now, cleaning the registry, unnecessary files, shortcuts, temp files, cookies, history, and MRU files every time and it hasn't caused a single problem. I recently gave CCleaner a try and I'm convinced it's every bit as safe. But why?

Because it doesn't clear as many files. I ran it first this morning and thought I'd follow up with Easy Cleaner. For some reason, there were about 50 files left to clean up that Easy Cleaner took care of. So I'd say EC is better.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.