Read and consider if you can supply a clean download.
These instructions are for the HipStreet Octave 8gig 2.8" mp3 player using Windows 8. There is no guarantee that this will work on other HipStreet mp3 players, (but It wouldn't hurt to try). A required download link is near the bottom of this message.
If you have purchased a touch screen Hipstreet MP3 player you may have gone through hours of frustration trying to get videos on it like I have converted and working on the player. The documentation that comes with the player doesn't help either. I finally found a easy solution. The video converter that comes on the disk of the HipStreet player is good however it is missing a lot of common codecs files. So we simply need to download a codecs pack and copy and paste the codecs files into the codecs folder of the video converter that comes with the HipStreet player.
Here are the steps:
1) Install Media Player Utilities from the HipStreet cd
2) Download Web Solutions Mart Windows 8 codecs pack (or Windows 7 if you require it)
3) Browse through this folder and its sub folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Web Solution Mart\Windows 8 Codecs Pack
and copy and paste anything that looks like a codec e.g. all .ax and .dll files from its source folder to this folder on your computer:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Utilities 5.15\AVIConverter\codecs
4) Go ahead and convert your video according to the instructions (avi works best as a target file type).
5) Connect your mp3 player and copy your converted video to the HipStreet drive(mine is the F: drive) into the videos folder, Enjoy!
CNET Download Link : Web Solutions Part Codecs Pack for Windows 8.
Light bulbs you shouldn't buy
There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.