Photo Editing & Graphic Design

Question

easiest most basic photo editing free software

by KayBee01 / June 15, 2013 10:12 AM PDT

Just started taking more photos and want the easiest most basic photo editing software I can find. I just want to be able to download to my laptop, basic editing and emailing. Not very good at technical stuff. I have a Canon PowerShot A520 at present and use a Dell laptop with windows xp.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: easiest most basic photo editing free software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: easiest most basic photo editing free software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
So Picasa?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 17, 2013 4:24 AM PDT

What is that download to my laptop? Didn't the camera come with software for that?

Collapse -
picasa
by KayBee01 / June 17, 2013 10:33 AM PDT
In reply to: So Picasa?

Sorry...didn't mean that. Yes of course when I got the Canon it came with CD to download etc. Don't like the program though. Just meant I want to be able to put pics on computer, edit them and maybe pass them on.

Collapse -
So you are going to create a new download method.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 17, 2013 11:35 AM PDT
In reply to: picasa

I use the old slip the SD Card into my PC method. Picasa edits and shares too.
Bob

Collapse -
picasa
by KayBee01 / June 17, 2013 11:52 PM PDT

Would you agree that Picasa is easy and very basic for beginners?

Collapse -
Now I don't.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 17, 2013 11:58 PM PDT
In reply to: picasa

If you tried this and found it too hard and are still asking them you need to try other titles.

Sorry but that's the breaks. I found it pretty easy.
Bob

Collapse -
??
by KayBee01 / June 18, 2013 5:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Now I don't.

Maybe I'm just not applying myself enough. I will give it another try. If anyone else has any ideas of software that they think is more basic please let me know.
Thanks for your help.

Collapse -
Answer
If you're still looking.....
by TigerMom14 / July 25, 2013 1:16 AM PDT

Try picmonkey.com. You can crop, adjust colors, apply filters, etc. There's a bit of a learning curve, but if you've done any editing at all you'll pick it up quickly. Once photos are edited, you save them back to your own hard drive. Free use of the site, or you can "join" for a nominal fee (I think $30/year?) and have access to a few extra applications. I shoot sports photography for our local school's website and youth group and this is my go-to editing program. Photoshop and the others just confuse me way too much.

Collapse -
if you still require...
by suzaiin / July 30, 2013 2:16 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.