Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

Earthlink Cable Internet Speed Increase?

by ArmorForVictor / April 10, 2010 4:48 PM PDT

so i have had earthlink cable internet through time warner and have been getting about 5.8MBPS download and .97MBPS upload since they installed it about 2 months ago on saturday my modem was acting funny it turned off twice then it was fine now i check my speed and i'm getting from 9.89MBPS to 10MBPS what happened? i didn't request any speed upgrade is this just a nice free line upgrade? anyone else who has earthlink cable internet through time warner get a speed increase?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Earthlink Cable Internet Speed Increase?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Earthlink Cable Internet Speed Increase?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just be happy when it's 9, but...
by ahtoi / April 10, 2010 7:06 PM PDT

don't be sad when it's 5. It is what it is.

Collapse -
by ArmorForVictor / April 11, 2010 9:22 AM PDT

no my earthlink plan is for 7MBPS but the cap speed was set at 5.80MBPS which i was fine with it never went down or up always stayed at that speed now it's at 9.88MBPS after my modem was acting weird i didn't ask for a speed upgrade it's like they gave me a speed boost for free or so i hope so cause i'm not paying more than i currently am for it

Collapse -
I garanttee you will not get a higher charge on your next
by ahtoi / April 11, 2010 3:46 PM PDT
In reply to: ..............

bill, at least not from internet services anyway. You maybe thinking of DSL, where there a 2 0r 3 services available. I think Time Warner has only one for residential service.

Collapse -
Internet help

Hi,in my experience i am using this http://www.ip-details.com/ site's internet speed test ,you too also try this site and known your system's internet upload and download speed at free of cost,this site will help for your conclusion ,visit here for more details.All the best.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.