E-readers forum

General discussion

e-reader

by Fan / February 24, 2011 8:21 AM PST

I am told that one of the ereaders can download books from the public library.
Does anyone know which that is?
Fan

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: e-reader
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: e-reader
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
First things first.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2011 8:23 AM PST
In reply to: e-reader

Which public library? Also this is going to vary with title and copyrights. Most authors don't give up such rights when a book is sold or gifted to a library.
Bob

Collapse -
e-reader
by Fan / February 24, 2011 12:41 PM PST
In reply to: First things first.

Thank you Bob for answering. It is the Lubbock, TX public libraries. I hadn't thought that some authors would not authorize this, but it makes sense.
Fan

Collapse -
library ebooks
by ilikebooks / February 25, 2011 4:10 AM PST

You can download library ebooks to your computer and then very easily transfer them to your ereader. Just make sure your library and ereader read the same format ebook, most libraries use epub formats which work on the Sony Reader, Nook, Kobo and many others. Some libraries will offer multiple formats, just depends on the location.

Collapse -
(NT) library ebooks
by Fan / February 26, 2011 6:20 AM PST
In reply to: library ebooks
Collapse -
library ebooks
by Fan / February 26, 2011 6:23 AM PST
In reply to: library ebooks

I don't know why me message keeps sending before I finish thanking all.
The Sony Reader was my choice, but I couldn't find anything about library books there.
Fan

Collapse -
e-reader
by cmptrsue / February 26, 2011 6:15 AM PST

I use the Barnes and Noble Nook and download books from both my libraries in Florida and New York. You don't actually purchase the books. You borrow and return them just like you do with printed books.

Collapse -
e-reader
by Fan / February 26, 2011 6:21 AM PST

Thank you to all. I think now I can make an intelligent decision.
Fan

Collapse -
E-book
by kindleportal / April 17, 2011 9:00 PM PDT

I am checking from the Google search engine then i am telling you that what is the best library for you. if you search any suitable site for this purpose then you tell me i am waiting for your answer.

Collapse -
Hi
by sandhya2 / May 16, 2011 5:42 PM PDT

It's really good that we can download the books free.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.