I'm having trouble with grouping and missing words
and adding words in my Yahoo mail.It does not happen
when I use IE only on yahoo mail and the spelling is
wrong. need some help,thanks for your time. AJ

Laptop: 750Hz 20g 192Ram Duel boot XP & ME

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: E-mail Mozilla/firefox/Yahoo
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: E-mail Mozilla/firefox/Yahoo
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: E-mail Mozilla/firefox/Yahoo
by Yew / October 13, 2004 10:55 PM PDT

Chances are, it's Yahoo's fault. To them, any non-IE browser support is generally added as an afterthought and it shows.

Personally, I got sick of all the obnoxious ads and slow graphics heavy interface of most webmail systems. I only use Gmail now. Works with IE, Mozilla, and Safari equally. The interface is probably the best use of DHTML that I have ever seen, which makes for a very responsive setup, you get 1000MB of storage space which puts all other major webmail systems to shame, and the ads are all text based and unobtrusive. If you've ever seen Google ads on another site, it's the same sort of thing.

Last I checked, people were selling invites to Gmail on ebay for less than $5. I'd consider it a very worthy investment. There's even a method to import any contacts you have in your Y! Mail account.

Collapse -
by snowbear / October 13, 2004 11:31 PM PDT

Hi Yewanchors,

THanks for the help, I e-mailed Yahoo and they said to
change browsers.LOL Didn't tell me how to fix it.

Now that I'm useing Firefox,what about using
thunderbird as my e-mail? do you know anything about
it,or is Gmail better. THanks
AJ

Collapse -
by Yew / October 14, 2004 1:12 AM PDT

Thunderbird is a great "traditional" style email client, but you won't be able to use it to get mail from any of the major web mail services because it's "traditional". Technically you can use it with Gmail right now, but I'm sure Google plans on charging for that service at some point in the future, so unless you're willing to pay some small monthly fee, I wouldn't go getting used to it now.

If you have a POP3 account with your ISP, Thunderbird would be a great program to use with that. Personally, I've come to like webmail systems now that I've started using Gmail. If someone sends me a message with some important attachment, I don't have to remember to load that attachment onto my laptop before I leave for the day. I can access it from any system that has Internet access. If these things aren't of any concern to you, then Thunderbird might be a good option.

Collapse -
by snowbear / October 14, 2004 5:10 AM PDT

I'm useing POP3 account,I have never used a webmail
and don't know anything about it. The only accounts
I have is OE and hotmail and Yahoo,is this something
I should look into.

Thanks, AJ

Collapse -
by Yew / October 14, 2004 8:48 AM PDT

Well, if you have one of the pay versions of Yahoo, then you could very well use Thunderbird with it provided it's straight POP3 and SMTP, and doesn't have any of the Microsoft "authentication" garbage.

MS is pulling the plug on free Hotmail use with Outlook Express real soon, and given the security issues with Outlook Express, you shouldn't be using it anyway.

Collapse -
by snowbear / October 14, 2004 10:51 PM PDT

Okay, and thanks for your time. AJ

Collapse -
by Xer0X / October 14, 2004 11:27 PM PDT

Easiest Solution: Gmail.
email me if you want an invite.
(xer0x.west@gmail.com)

Collapse -
by Josh888 / October 21, 2004 10:51 AM PDT

Well, i have a gmail account. But i didn't know how to send invitation!!! So can anyone here tell me how to send 1? josh

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.